Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Your first billion? It took me over a year to do that :D Mind you, that was all well before the mining boom when I thought a 10mCR hauling mission was a mega-payout!

I'd go with the Krait II for mining, especially if you're doing laser, subsurface and core stuff. Another option might be a Python. For an explorer ship, you can't go wrong with a DBX although you might be a bit limited on optional slots. A viable alternative would be a Krait Phantom.

Aaaanyway... welcome to ED and glad you're enjoying the experience! @@@07

well, I thought you could make 100 billion credits an hour mining Bromelite, so I was nearly there?! :ROFLMAO:
The main reason I have a Clipper is from doing a bit of the Imperial grind, and wanted to have some fruit to the courier gig - and a Cutter still seems a chunk away... good food for thought on adjusting the fleet tho.

I swear by a Dolphin for exploring. Just enough slots with a touch of elegance and luxury. It is as nimble as anything for planetary landings.

I haven’t tried any of the mammal ships yet - also think being a bus driver might be fun, so maybe some Passenger missions soon, tho that would be an Orca, really?

I haven’t tried any of the mammal ships yet - also think being a bus driver might be fun, so maybe some Passenger missions soon, tho that would be an Orca, really?

The advantage of the mammal ships is they're the only ones that can fit the 1st class passenger modules IIRC. So for the average passenger missions, (non-first class) any ship will do. If you're able to stack some first class passengers and the other riff-raff all going to the same location, this could be good but I would suggest it is a rare occurrence that this is possible. You won't want to stack too many 'individual' passengers as very often they start asking for detours to visitor beacons or for you to stop and pick up things to make their journey more pleasant. A pain if you have 3 or more all doing the same.

An Orca would be good to move massive amounts of people all going to the same location but really, this could also be done in a few other ships.

Headed to the Bug Killer along with a wake scanner to see if I can get some alien wakes in my Phantom.

When I was logging in I noticed Group Leader Tyres was zooming through the Taurus Dark Region so thought I might head out that way but by the time I had the systems up and running he had gone and according to the social screen it was now 7 hours! since he was last online I so hope that that was the time since he last logged on otherwise I might have to see a GP about blackouts, this was around 22:00-23:00 game time.

I think you meant Luxury cabins, not First Class. And as far as I know there are virtually zero missions that require Luxury cabins. Kinda dumb, but that's how it is.
There are some but not many but they do pay amazing money when they pop up. My Orca has just one luxury and two regular cabins, just so I can grab the luxury when I see it. Don't like running more than two passenger missions at the same time, anyway, as they're a high maintenance if lucrative bunch, so it works for me.

o7

Headed to the Bug Killer along with a wake scanner to see if I can get some alien wakes in my Phantom.

When I was logging in I noticed Group Leader Tyres was zooming through the Taurus Dark Region so thought I might head out that way but by the time I had the systems up and running he had gone and according to the social screen it was now 7 hours! since he was last online I so hope that that was the time since he last logged on otherwise I might have to see a GP about blackouts, this was around 22:00-23:00 game time.

Yeah... had some issues with my new Naim Muso qb2 I.e a fault so after endless pulling at the hair I don't have, it's back to ye olde shoppe. Grr.

Anyway, yes, that was where I was but no Goids showed up so I'm going to the Witch Head later so see - in the words of William Wallace - if I can start an argument.

Aha!

On a jump to Evangelis in the Witch Head nebula, I was hyperdicted by two 'goids. Once they'd had their jollies, I got to wake scane them both:

vZO0U7d.jpg

Grade 4 encoded. Lord only know what they can be used in :D

Back to some more mining etc.
Left the mining eqpt sales shop on the carrier, people have been using it a bit.
Also buying LTDs for 1.4 million. Well, if they want to sell it...🤷‍♀️

Currently enjoying the T-9, FA off in the asteroid rings, it's certainly going to end badly at some point!😬
The Brick is great FA/Off in Rings. Slow, stately, and a comfortable ride around rocks. It's pretty good starter-level FA/Off practice. :)

Yeah... yeah... it IS really tempting :LOL:

EDIT

I've just noticed this - it was probably in the patch notes but I've most likely missed it.

First disco heading used to read:

dQmtVE6.jpg

Now it reads:

4USQYKr.jpg

What gives with "CMDR CMDR"? Bug?

Last edited:
Yeah... yeah... it IS really tempting :LOL:

EDIT

I've just noticed this - it was probably in the patch notes but I've most likely missed it.

First disco heading used to read:

dQmtVE6.jpg

Now it reads:

4USQYKr.jpg

What gives with "CMDR CMDR"? Bug?
It did that to me too - likely a string error which adds the title to the name; which is about the extent of my programming knowledge LOL.

But what happens when you're interdicted in a T9? Last time I tried outrunning the baddy in one, it really did end badly.
Never really had problems beating the interdictions in a T-9 (sometimes goes on for a while and gets tedious).
However, more recently it really feels like it's got much easier.

Alternatively,
T-9: submit, 4 pips shield, 2 to engines, boost like a maniac and jump back to supercruise. Of course, the baddy is likely to reappear.

Occasionally unshielded in T-9 now, only defence is heatsinks (loiter in Star's corona and watch baddy dive into sun) o_O

But what happens when you're interdicted in a T9? Last time I tried outrunning the baddy in one, it really did end badly.
I fly Continental Drift unshielded, so this is my tactic: The moment you see an NPC pirate turning for your tail in SC, close throttle, turn towards the pirate (keeping your tail away from him) and DROP into realspace as fast as possible. Don't wait for the interdiction - the second you get the message or see him aim for you, drop out while turning. Boost like crazy until he appears - you should have enough time to be several hundred meters away. As soon as he appears, high-wake out of there; high-waking has a quicker charge time than returning to SC.
If you're in your destination system, still high-wake out - you can turn around and Jump right back - which is a pain, but less so than a blasted hull.*
(*Unless you're VERY close to your destination - when it's visible on your approach bar. Then, point 45 degrees below your target then pull towards it, keeping in an ever-tightening turn. The deceleration to dropout is LONG in a T9; it's where you're most vulnerable so keep your fat asp moving until you get the dropout signal.)
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom