Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Oo! Four weeks and one day pledged to Delaine!
Cytoscramblers!
Oh, yeah. Thursday.:LOL:

Huh, weird glitch.
Dropped into HGE, no goodies, just three pirates. Not had that before.

Last edited:
Here we go:
Nice. I sometimes think of bounty missions as fun little side quests while mission board spamming around a current home base, but I would take on higher ranked pilots and more engineered ships if the time consuming and dangerous nature of combat was more competitively priced.

Not that stuff like mining is free of danger, obviously.

Not that stuff like mining is free of danger, obviously.

Tell me about it... managed to go mining with 1t Painite lurking in a dusty corner of the corgi hold, and promptly got set on...

(EDIT- bloody autocorrect- CARGO HOLD!! 😂)

For the Solo miners - if I had I fired a heat sink while the dastardly NPC pirate was doing the ‘pre-mining-annoy-an-honest-Cmdr’ scan on dropping into a ring, would they just do one and leave me in peace? Or do they have more brains than that and just scan you again?

Last edited:
Tell me about it... managed to go mining with 1t Painite lurking in a dusty corner of the corgi hold, and promptly got set on...

For the Solo miners - if I had I fired a heat sink while the dastardly NPC pirate was doing the ‘pre-mining-annoy-an-honest-Cmdr’ scan on dropping into a ring, would they just do one and leave me in peace? Or do they have more brains than that and just scan you again?

For a peaceful mining session, one needs to go beyond the bubble. Those dastardly pirate bully-boys are too lazy to travel very far.

They will loiter.
However, if you pop heatsinks and run, beyond a certain range they give up (I don't think they use boost).
Another option is dump a few limpets and leg it. They often waste time scanning them, chunks, ejected cargo etc.
Used to do this regularly in my T-9.

Edit: Been thinking about this, I don't think NPCs ever use boost?

Last edited:
My opinion as a new player (~3 wks old) after reading that announcement. Even if they bought Painite max prices down to 600k, well, lets say then, that practical prices for new CMDRs work out to 300-400k since they cant jump that far easily yet.

I think a new player can still get into a Grade A everything Anaconda by 1 week. (as long as they read tutorials)

Maybe using pilot licence classes (tied to rank or some other experience/play yardstick) to allow jump from small to med to large is a more workable idea.

Hell, I even considered going for a FC.... 8 bil is actually doable within a couple weeks at current rates.

(EDIT- bloody autocorrect- CARGO HOLD!! 😂)

I go mining unarmed, dropping out of SC, its easily say 2000km from the hotspot center, so I just boost away* from the pirates (doing the asteroid weave) and i noticed they wont chase and I get the contact lost msg after 1 min or so. Then its utter peace.

*Worked that couple of times even when they already started shooting at me. Just do the asteroid weave (and imagine the Falcon chased by TIE fighters in ESB), they dont seem to be too keen to follow for long.

Last edited:
Finally, finished re-engineering the Rescue Salvage T-9.
Time for a test run before commissioning.
Fingers crossed.

Resting heat test: 15%. All systems active.
Heading for Keeler Orbital, Medical bays on standby.

Last edited:
hopes something really bad and amusing happens
Like firing an untargeted limpet in the burning station, running out of cargo space, dumping spare limpets, getting a fine for littering, landing to find I can't rescue anyone because I have to use anonymous access because of the fine and can't pay the fine because Contacts is closed due to the station being on fire.

No that never happened at all during my last session.

Like firing an untargeted limpet in the burning station, running out of cargo space, dumping spare limpets, getting a fine for littering, landing to find I can't rescue anyone because I have to use anonymous access because of the fine and can't pay the fine because Contacts is closed due to the station being on fire.

No that never happened at all during my last session.
aRJay's projecting Speedcuffs.

Our hopes and prayers are with you.

Nice though. You totally Frank Spencered your way through that station.

Finally, finished re-engineering the Rescue Salvage T-9.
Time for a test run before commissioning.
Fingers crossed.

Resting heat test: 15%. All systems active.
Heading for Keeler Orbital, Medical bays on standby.
I tried out my cutter with its as is build at the current burning station.
Thought to use long range(2.3k) collectors while sitting out side the toaster rack, which is an appropriate term at this station.
No luck, they can not find their way in, so entered the station. Temp rising, debris every where, pods and other salvage.
Launched the collectors opened the cargo hatch. One escape pod retrieved. Fined by authorities', temp rising. turning to leave.
what the...stuck on a large section of station. Desperation rising, perspiration rising, temp rising. Just made the exit toaster.
Hull failure , prison and rebuy. That was my first rebuy in a good many months. Oh crap what a stupid move this was.:oops:

A question for all the rescue engineers? If I build any ship with, mirrored hulls, thermal resist heavy armor modules, and thermo block shield boosters.
Does that add to thermal characteristics for a salvage ship? when also using heat sinks and low emissions core internals. :unsure:

On the FC side, expenses were beginning to drag the budget down quickly.
My solution was to go C.R.A.A.A.B.S again delivering tritium. Made almost 750 Milcrds.
One FC was selling lots'o painite for 750Kcr/t, got 330t and on sold in the same system at a station for above 900Kcr/t.
That's painite mining ...right!
Sergi Klemkan made it to the FC. Doing ok, with the new paint work on the cobra. Considering a combat Asp or Krait as a second ship.
EDslyser2.jpg

I tried out my cutter with its as is build at the current burning station.
Thought to use long range(2.3k) collectors while sitting out side the toaster rack, which is an appropriate term at this station.
No luck, they can not find their way in, so entered the station. Temp rising, debris every where, pods and other salvage.
Launched the collectors opened the cargo hatch. One escape pod retrieved. Fined by authorities', temp rising. turning to leave.
what the...stuck on a large section of station. Desperation rising, perspiration rising, temp rising. Just made the exit toaster.
Hull failure , prison and rebuy. That was my first rebuy in a good many months. Oh crap what a stupid move this was.:oops:

A question for all the rescue engineers? If I build any ship with, mirrored hulls, thermal resist heavy armor modules, and thermo block shield boosters.
Does that add to thermal characteristics for a salvage ship? when also using heat sinks and low emissions core internals. :unsure:
Sadly not.
Best thing is heatsinks. Set up a binding specifically for them. Thing is, all the mats you need to synth them is actually floating in the station.

Reducing heat:
Thrusters, Clean Drives/Thermal spread.
Power Plant, (biggest class A) Low Emissions, Thermal Spread.
All this helps a bit, but the answer is really heatsinks.

Top Bottom