Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Ok that was a pain...

Sold data from the DW2 trip - 36 pages takes a long time to work through. 1.2BCr - and I sold loads outbound when we built Explorer's Anchorage.

You can see why they feel the need to do some rebalancing as you can earn that very quickly by mining compared to months of surveying and mapping.

I do wonder exactly how they'll "balance"exploration...

1/. Big increase for 'first discovered/mapped'.
2/. Stop all this passenger missions counting towards exploration rank nonsense.*

*Yep, I got Elite explo' from doing Robigo. Rubbish.
(y) for 2/.
No need fot 1/. in my opinion.
3/. Change Elite requirement to 10 billion Cr if no other meaningful metric can be established.

Ooh, look! A tri2 spot!

"Tyres calling Carrier command. Report to the spot stat. Out."

While I'm waiting, I'll just put some photo's in my Imgur album. Oh, wait, I can't; it's down. :poop:

EDIT Well that was interesting... I was in the spot where my carrier should emerge but I think my proximity was too close to its entry point. Got buffeted around like a cork in a tidal wave and it's the first time any of my ships wentt past 1km/s :D Ended up nearly 100km away from it.

Last edited:
Wait for Odyssey to drop, then add surface plant samples to collectable materials (on foot only) and either have a new engineer/broker for stuff you can do with them or/and let you sell them at really good prices.
I can't wait for both Odyssey and Cyberpunk to drop so I can really experience the drama.

What a pretty tri2 spot for some nice, enjoyable and relaxing mining moments over a solid beer (or more...)

5a88j7f.jpg

Pity the actual tritium 'roids were so few and far between and those that were found had horrible yields - 100 limpets and onlty three > 20% o_O:censored::sick:

Just set up another Frontier account in case I try to have a dabble at this free Epic business. Not sure I want their launcher and stuff on my PC.
PC currently has:
Win 10.
Elite Dangerous.
X-Com (1994).

And just remembered I've still got the PS4 one. I wonder how much cash I've got on that account... :eek:

I do wonder exactly how they'll "balance"exploration...
I shudder to think of that. Hope they did all that balancing already! :)
1/. Big increase for 'first discovered/mapped'.
2/. Stop all this passenger missions counting towards exploration rank nonsense.*

*Yep, I got Elite explo' from doing Robigo. Rubbish.

I have a suspicion that they will actually "balance" by reducing everything to the "lowest common denominator" sort of thing. So although they performed a balance to actual exploration values a while ago - I can see the bar being reduced to reflect a "low risk" view of exploration in their eyes.

The credits are not actually important - lets face it apart from newbies doing R2R for seed capital, you don't explore for money - you do it for the experience and the hope to find something no-one else has stumbled across before (some hope! :rolleyes: ). In any event I wanted my LEP account back and made all tickety-boo before Odyssey so time to sell all the DW2 data from surveying Heironymous and Conduit.

Seems obvious. They'll increase payouts for elws high metal content worlds terraformables etc. May be make scanning ringed planets profitable thus increasing odds of finding more juicy triples.

Top Bottom