Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I'll be thinking about a new PC in the nearish future. I'm thiking Ryzen 9 5950x *, an RX6900xt *, 32GB RAM, a godlike mobo, 1600w PSU, a Creative soundcard, an M2 SSD and other storage, a couple of optical drives and an AIO liquid CPU cooler all wrapped up in a monster case (Corsair Obsidian 1000D just to see if the delivery bloke can lift it :D )

EDIT

* if thet ever reach the shelves because, scalping greed.

I'll be thinking about a new PC in the nearish future. I'm thiking Ryzen 9 5950x *, an RX6900xt *, 32GB RAM, a godlike mobo, 1600w PSU, a Creative soundcard, an M2 SSD and other storage, a couple of optical drives and an AIO liquid CPU cooler all wrapped up in a monster case (Corsair Obsidian 1000D just to see if the delivery bloke can lift it :D )

EDIT

* if thet ever reach the shelves because, scalping greed.
Nice. I wonder if 32Gb RAM is the limit for current year motherboards. I've had computers since I was a small child I don't really keep up on tech stuff.

Hmm.

What happened to pay outs for missions?

Haven't done one in a looong while but I've just nipped back to Ray Gateway in Diaguandri where I'm allied with everyone and their dog but payouts are about 1/10th of what they were... think I'll see what happens in the next rotation.

Nice. I wonder if 32Gb RAM is the limit for current year motherboards. I've had computers since I was a small child I don't really keep up on tech stuff.
Depends on the mobo. Mine (Asus B550 wifi) would support up to 128 GB - I still got only 32 GB on it. Other boards with more or less DIMM slots would support more or less RAM. Especially small form factor boards often seem to be equipped with only two DIMM slots.

I took a quick trip from Deciat to Cubeo but I wasn't looking at the fuel gauge. Fortunately Ameno is a fuel star!

vlcsnap-2020-11-22-16h05m03s087 b.png

Last edited:
Depends on the mobo. Mine (Asus B550 wifi) would support up to 128 GB - I still got only 32 GB on it. Other boards with more or less DIMM slots would support more or less RAM. Especially small form factor boards often seem to be equipped with only two DIMM slots.
Nice.

Mine's only a Dell. Make of that what you will.

Dell are OK. But for more flexibility, it's better to self build or use a building retailer. Not sure what part of the world you're in but over here, Scan are pretty good. I've had PC's from them for years.

Dell are OK. But for more flexibility, it's better to self build or use a building retailer. Not sure what part of the world you're in but over here, Scan are pretty good. I've had PC's from them for years.
I found Scan while looking for RAM upgrades. Nice site. I think I'm gonna get a sweet 4Tb hard drive from them because I'm low on space.

Maybe an external dock too since I can use my two 1Tb disks as backup.

I'm up here in Liverpool but I forgot where you're from too. No offense taken. ;-)

Top Bottom