Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

just visted a battle of the giants : thargoids vs megaships : guess who one.....

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.11.29 - 16.18.17.77.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.11.29 - 16.18.17.77.png
    938.2 KB · Views: 44
Trying to decide whether to do the CG or not.
Enjoying the hobo lifestyle in the noob Cobra though.

Interdicted by an amateur ganker in a Vulture (again!). Must have thought I was an easy meat freebie epic, unarmed, shieldless, Harmless ranking.
How embarrassing for them.
Let them win the interdiction, danced around them for a while, a quick 'GG, Bwahahahah!' then hi-waked.:ROFLMAO:

Three cheers for the Epic new content! \o/
I don't know what the current CG is but I'm almost certainly not taking part. Is it anything good?

I have a little Cobra though. Feel free to add me.

I don't know what the current CG is but I'm almost certainly not taking part. Is it anything good?

I have a little Cobra though. Feel free to add me.
There are four.
Two for the Empire, haul stuff to build an Imperial Interdictor and get some module discounts, or do bounty hunting to distract the pirates from the haulers. There are DECALS for both, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Emissive depending how well you did.
Two for the Federation, haul stuff to build a Federation Battlecruiser and get some module discounts, or do bounty hunting to distract the pirates from the haulers. There are DECALS for both, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Emissive depending how well you did.

The Federation and Imperial decorations are slightly different.

Yes they are good, they have DECALS!

Last edited:
There are four.
Two for the Empire, haul stuff to build an Imperial Interdictor and get some module discounts, or do bounty hunting to distract the pirates from the haulers. There are DECALS for both, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Emissive depending how well you did.
Two for the Federation, haul stuff to build a Federation Battlecruiser and get some module discounts, or do bounty hunting to distract the pirates from the haulers. There are DECALS for both, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Emissive depending how well you did.

The Federation and Imperial decorations are slightly different.

Yes they are good, they have DECALS!
Are the module discounts unique to the winning faction?

Hmm. CG's. Not something I've ever looked at until just now. I might sign up for something after I've got my permit. Looks interesting!
Really enjoying this CG (Fed Bounty Hunting), the improved payouts are certainly helping!

As for getting involved Tyres, first port of call should be the thread for whatever the current CG is. See what's involved, and how to achieve it. I like doing them, but not all are to my taste. On bounty hunting/combat/AX CGs I quite often wing up with other Commanders, (Internet permitting:mad:). This one I'm doing totally solo, so I can get a good feel for the new bounty payouts.

Oh yeh, bought the Onion Head paint and green layzoors for the Vette, because there's no pirate faction paints for it. Green layzoors are where it's at!

Last edited:
Did you feel the disturbance in the force? It seems the tide is turning for combat...
I started todays session at 68% deadly, was usually getting between 2-4mil to get percentage increase in rank.
Now, its more like 6-8mil and 2% increase. Got to 72% in about two hours.
At my private High RES the combat also seems a bit more frantic and up in pace, still got a full range of elites from sidewinders to anacondas.
Not long now....!

Edit: Just now got to 75% deadly, made approx. 22Milcrds for 3% increase in rank.
This seems to show that combat can cover the weekly upkeep cost of the FC. 👍 :D :coffee:🕺

Last edited:
Got the Jotun permit which seemed to take a long while as the missions I was completing had quite small rep rewards.

Was it worth it? Um... no. I sometimes think these permit locked systems are just locked for the sake of locking :D

A couple of things to sort out, then I'll go and have look at what CG's are all about.

Got the Jotun permit which seemed to take a long while as the missions I was completing had quite small rep rewards.

Was it worth it? Um... no. I sometimes think these permit locked systems are just locked for the sake of locking :D

A couple of things to sort out, then I'll go and have look at what CG's are all about.
Here you go! Rare commodity.

Hmm, could be my next 'thing', collect one of every rare.:unsure:

Edit: And that gives me another idea for another credit making scam! :ROFLMAO: 💰💰💰

Last edited:
Here you go! Rare commodity.

Hmm, could be my next 'thing', collect one of every rare.:unsure:

Ahhh! Thanks!

Back at my carrier and can see the system has a "lockdown" state. I wonder what tier it's in... :devilish::unsure:

I've reached Friendly status at my randomly selected Extraction economy station, and as I hoped the higher-paying delivery missions are starting to appear. Should be even better once I reach Allied.

This is for a one-jump mission, very quick.

Screenshot_0866.jpg

On the other hand, I spent about an hour in a HAZRES, and made about 10 million in bounties. Still crap, if you ask me.

At least things are getting shaken up a bit, that's a good thing.

Top Bottom