Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Since the rank progress is based on weighted opponent "kills" then the payout change should have no effect - it is just the rank of your kill that counts towards combat progress. So if there are more Elites to kill then that will help, not the bounty value.
Yes, the high Res has a lot of elites, so rank progression is moving along nicely.
I"ll check, some 250k anaconda are now paying 1mill crds.

I made it to Allied, and as expected payouts went up even more :)

Screenshot_0868.jpg

The only problem is that I don't like this system I'm in very much. I'll have to research a bit to find one I like better, and then do the whole "Get Allied" thing there instead.

If metals prices stay as they are, extraction-related delivery missions are going to be quite lucrative!

Got the Jotun permit which seemed to take a long while as the missions I was completing had quite small rep rewards.

Was it worth it? Um... no. I sometimes think these permit locked systems are just locked for the sake of locking :D

A couple of things to sort out, then I'll go and have look at what CG's are all about.
Well there are only the two hauling CGs now the bounty hunting ones finished very fast earlier today catching some commanders by surprise with many millions not turned in.

Before I get into this CG thing, I've taken a look at what the combat missions are doing since the rebalance. I'm not sure if this was part of the change as combat mission are not something I've looked into either, but it seems the ones on offer are for my current combat grade or above.

Nothing below.

Has it always been that way or is it part of the "rebalancning" thang?

EDIT: not true - mission refresh gave me lesser ones

EDIT 2: Damn. Took a novice mission to kill civilians. Knew that sounded off. Found 'em, killed one, became a murderer. Mission abandoned. IF viisted :D

Mind you, the mamba looks resplendent in midnight black. Needs a new name now the Jaguar British Racing Green paintjob has gone - "Chocks Away!" don't fit no more.

Last edited:
I took one of those special ops mystery missions once. Got to the target system and was told to massacre a bunch of civilians. I gritted my teeth and got on with the job which took ages because, unlike pirates, civilians flee the area when you open fire. I returned home to pick up my payment and the smiling mission giver says "With those doctors dead our enemy is more likely to suffer an outbreak of disease." Never again!

On topic, I've just learned that while I was away the Type 9 received a second class 8 internal slot. Now I'm outfitting my dream space truck and mothballing the cutter after flying it for only a week.

Before I get into this CG thing, I've taken a look at what the combat missions are doing since the rebalance. I'm not sure if this was part of the change as combat mission are not something I've looked into either, but it seems the ones on offer are for my current combat grade or above.

Nothing below.

Has it always been that way or is it part of the "rebalancning" thang?

EDIT: not true - mission refresh gave me lesser ones

EDIT 2: Damn. Took a novice mission to kill civilians. Knew that sounded off. Found 'em, killed one, became a murderer. Mission abandoned. IF viisted :D

Mind you, the mamba looks resplendent in midnight black. Needs a new name now the Jaguar British Racing Green paintjob has gone - "Chocks Away!" don't fit no more.
Black Mamba?
Beatrix Kiddo.

I decided to upgrade the engineering on my Python, since I've been flying it a bit lately. So today I've been flitting about to engineer bases and material traders and such.

The Python was my first "large" ship, as I thought of it then. It still has a lot going for it, and being in it brings back some nice memories for me.

It used to be painted maroon, like my car, but now it's jet black. I renamed it "Dust We Are", in memory of my now-gone pet, Dusty. Mortality sucks.

Screenshot_0873.jpg

Top Bottom