Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Where are you taking the massacre missions from? Looking for a good place for Tanya to do some.
I am at an outpost in Njulans, several factions there who all hate pirates. The outpost is very close to the star. The massacre missions are in the neighbouring system, Tjurodo, which also has an outpost but helpfully also has a compromised navigation beacon. So I sit at the beacon there making rank, but if ever I need a number of kills to make a mission before it times out (they're seven day missions I'm stacking) I can also use the mission point of interest markers. It's about as lucrative and convenient as I can make it. Might just sit here until I have hit Elite frankly. The money is amazing and then it's done! Have made over half a billion in a week, and did over half of Dangerous-Deadly last week (and that with being a pretty occasional gamer - two businesses and four kids will do that to a man!). But yes, take the missions in Njulans and then execute pirates in Tjurodo.

I am at an outpost in Njulans, several factions there who all hate pirates. The outpost is very close to the star. The massacre missions are in the neighbouring system, Tjurodo, which also has an outpost but helpfully also has a compromised navigation beacon. So I sit at the beacon there making rank, but if ever I need a number of kills to make a mission before it times out (they're seven day missions I'm stacking) I can also use the mission point of interest markers. It's about as lucrative and convenient as I can make it. Might just sit here until I have hit Elite frankly. The money is amazing and then it's done! Have made over half a billion in a week, and did over half of Dangerous-Deadly last week (and that with being a pretty occasional gamer - two businesses and four kids will do that to a man!). But yes, take the missions in Njulans and then execute pirates in Tjurodo.
I might have to infest this system of yours with my Carrier.

Love this ring...

OnZG2L0.jpg

And I'm now apparently an ally of the Pilots Federation

Last edited:
Working my way clear of the band of Y, T and L stars which gave me so much trouble, i crossed The Veils and Arcadian Stream and have just entered the Empyrean Straits. Only another 12k ly to go to Explorers Anchorage before i hope to cash in my bundle of data from this trip. I expect to arrive by the end of the week and am looking forward to a little R'n'R. Due to technical problems with the PS4, i have been unable to land on any planetary body since before arriving at Mandy's Rest in Mare Somnia, which has probably saved me a bit on repair bills, but on the other hand, my landing skills are getting rusty, so i'm a little concerned that i may mess things up when i do arrive. It will be nice to finally touch down, though, so fingers crossed...

Is it typical for pirates to be so polite?

Stacked 2 massacre and 1 assassination mission against the same faction for the first time, bumping Federation rep and nudging combat ranking up. Each pirate queued up nicely for me duff them up. Even better, system was silver heavy, so made some credits on trade on the way back to collect the bounties. Kerching!

Is it typical for pirates to be so polite?

Stacked 2 massacre and 1 assassination mission against the same faction for the first time, bumping Federation rep and nudging combat ranking up. Each pirate queued up nicely for me duff them up. Even better, system was silver heavy, so made some credits on trade on the way back to collect the bounties. Kerching!
Keep stacking the assassination (thank you predictive text) missions, I love it when the Vettes and Condas drop in and start spanking each other.
Another good one, Pirate Activity Detected, drop in and immediately dump some valuable cargo.
Wait for the fireworks after some pirate muppets collect it. Join in when ready. :D (y)

on consoles you mean?
maybe, its so frustrating I don't get a lot of spare time
I've switched to solo and it seems to be ok now
I’m on console, yes, but tonight for example, all the servers went down, all platforms.

Get out of active systems. Where people might be clogging together to buy or sell. That seemed to be a big part of it last time. It hit when the miners were trying to offload tons if stuff before the expected nerf.

Decided to stock up on the quota of the double engineered seeker rack before the discount expires on wed/thurs.

Went Inara, looked for nearest tech broker...

Doh... went to a Guardian one by mistake... Inara again..

What? Why is it in RED. Damn I am missing... Osmium? Dangnabit didn't I just level off all my mats after my crystalline site foray 2 weeks ago??

Back to Inara to search for a Mat Trader....

Now where the heck is the Osmium under.... scroll up down up down up down... what where is Osmium.... errr.... DOOOHHHH!!!!

Back to Inara to search for Osmium market...... I think no one trades em on stations much? All FCs...

Its amazing how noobness caused me over an hour to do something that should have been done in 15 mins.

Have just PPpledged to Ol’ Zach H, and was thinking Fed ranking would be good to sort - sadly, I’m just a Petty Officer just now. Having just about fully engineered the Krait Mk II, combat is a lot more enjoyable and less daunting than previously.

What’s your approach with Massacre missions (beyond the obvious Kill Kill Kill)? I’ve only tried it once l, but it was taking a side in a CZ, and got nowhere, so any tips gratefully received.
I don't really do Combat Zone stuff anymore (Unless it's for Community Goals) I find the kills take too long.
Mainly stacking Pirate Massacre and assassinations. Plenty of options for doing these:

Mission signal sources.
Compromised Nav Beacons.
RES sites.

The assassination targets will usually interdict you or even drop into the Nav Beacon or RES to find you which saves a lot of time.

As for Fed ranking, I think on my Speedcuffs account I got this from black box recovery missions, it really depends on how much rep is offered. On PS4 I think I did Fed rank at Ceos/Sothis, but I don't know if that's any good these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom