Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Ruh roh

OsVMhGg.jpg

Hi and thanks again for you advice on the low wake thingy. Actually I managed it for the first time last night, no idea why it worked, but i only observed the speed an distance bars untol distance in the blue, and surprise, the drop out message appeared! Now, one thing I must say however, I do not have a sec counter at all! The low wake appears, I traget it and it shows as a smaller than, greater than bracket < > end besides it the distance remaining for example < >12.3ls but there is no seconds counter. No idea about that, but at least I could manage to sneak in now. Thanks!

It's like a rite of passage, the first time you get that message and realize you have to micromanage your inventory in Odyssey, a big step backwards from Horizons I think.
Yes. It treminds of those old RPG's where your inventory got full quickly and you had to manage it - aloing with keeping the weight down.

I'm now en route to an anarchy system to offline some of the more... dubious items I had squirreled away.

Just before I left, I encountered this poor chap. Not sue how he got there - probably trying to get away from the fires: he'd nearly made it to the venting control pad too...

KYm0CEW.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It treminds of those old RPG's where your inventory got full quickly and you had to manage it - aloing with keeping the weight down.

I'm now en route to an anarchy system to offline some of the more... dubious items I had squirreled away.

Just before I left, I encountered this poor chap. Not sue how he got there - probably trying to get away from the fires: he'd nearly made it to the venting control pad too...

KYm0CEW.jpg
Go back and check the other side. Does he have Ruby Slippers?

A word to the wise, though. Don't sell the stuff that can be traded -- trade the lower value stuff for higher value stuff first. You can always trade back down when you actually need a few of the lower tier items. There's a bit of a loss involved, but it doesn't matter. You eventually wind up with so much stuff you really have no choice but to trade most of it up.

I had about 100 Hush and Lazarus.

I had a peruse of Inara before I sold anything and also looked down the lists of items I could trade to the Dodgy bartender so I think I'm still OK.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks again for you advice on the low wake thingy. Actually I managed it for the first time last night, no idea why it worked, but i only observed the speed an distance bars untol distance in the blue, and surprise, the drop out message appeared! Now, one thing I must say however, I do not have a sec counter at all! The low wake appears, I traget it and it shows as a smaller than, greater than bracket < > end besides it the distance remaining for example < >12.3ls but there is no seconds counter. No idea about that, but at least I could manage to sneak in now. Thanks!
If you have these kinds of problems, a screenshot is always helpful.

I had about 100 Hush and Lazarus.

I had a peruse of Inara before I sold anything and also looked down the lists of items I could trade to the Dodgy bartender so I think I'm still OK.
Hush, Lazarus, Push, Infinity, Personal Computers, Insight, Insight Data Suite. These were the ones which I have always remembered as pure fluff whose only use is to sell for credits.

I can never remember if Shareholder Data or Cocktail Recipes are needed for some obscure unlock.

Top Bottom