What are your ideas for Thememaker items

It at least show an insight in why some objects are so bad looking and others amazing. Definitely Frontier is of the "amazing" category. And some user made stuff (and sadly also "some" companies) just looks so .... amateur.

https://blog.sketchfab.com/creating-low-poly-game-assets-with-zbrush-and-topogun/

Ok this was brutal. So much work! I think it is too much for me, ha ha!

This is quite advanced (even for PlanCo i think), but you are never to late to learn. Just try out some basic stuff first. Even a simple trashcan could have thousands of downloads, just try something special with it.

Oh btw, let's tell you a little secret. Recently i finished my study Game Design at College, but something like 80% of all projects were self explanatory. In other words.. Internet was my best friend. The teachers were basically just there to help and guide us.[wink]

Here a video/playlist that's a bid more motivating for beginners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5oZndzj68&list=PLjEaoINr3zgHs8uzT3yqe4iHGfkCmMJ0P

THX CHeeseS...this looks to be a great and easy to watch series on beginner modeling. Great find. THX again for sharing.

True enought, gotta start somewhere. :) But at least it shows that it require some time and not like let's draw something in photoshop/ms paint style. ;) (or in my case, vector drawing, LOL)

But I wanted to link to that to show that it is a little more than just make a random model because of the polygons. And the texture. Shoving on photo textures or random ill fitting textures (with those ugly blurry details here and there) is not so fun. Photo textures is a no go for planco btw. as reference yes! but gotta do a lot of work.

True enought, gotta start somewhere. :) But at least it shows that it require some time and not like let's draw something in photoshop/ms paint style. ;) (or in my case, vector drawing, LOL)

But I wanted to link to that to show that it is a little more than just make a random model because of the polygons. And the texture. Shoving on photo textures or random ill fitting textures (with those ugly blurry details here and there) is not so fun. Photo textures is a no go for planco btw. as reference yes! but gotta do a lot of work.

Not all textures have to be seamless. This only counts for walls, roofs, paths and other items that you place directly next to each other. Most other lose objects don't have to be seamless tho. Every object created in 3D have to be UV-mapped. From this point you can export your model to different software like Substance Painter or Quixel (a Photoshop add-on). Here you can literally start hand-drawing these 3D models (which you can rotate and move around). People with some Photoshop skills can easily learn these tools, because they are basically the same (with layers and stuff).

Or you only export the UV-map to Photoshop (or different similar software). Here you can also hand-draw the textures. Think a drawing on an unfolded cube into something that has now the shape of a cross. When you're finished you can generate the normal map as well, and even height and AO maps. Just change your color map into grey scale and play with the levels and black and white values. Not that hard to learn. Enough tutorials online.[happy]

With this knowledge you could team up with people who create the models and the UV-maps, and share them with people who are great in doing (hand-drawing) textures.[wink]

An idea for coaster goodies, some sort of support system for catwalks.
20180929161132_1.jpg

It at least show an insight in why some objects are so bad looking and others amazing. Definitely Frontier is of the "amazing" category. And some user made stuff (and sadly also "some" companies) just looks so .... amateur.

What you give of you sounds in my opinion cocky and arrogant. Build your own 3D models and texturize them and we'll see if you get along without Photoshop and textures based on photographs. And if you think all the textures in Planco are handpainted, you're definitively on the wrong track.

You should try to modell your own objects, before you divide in amateurs and pros. Modelling awesome objects is the job of the artists at Frontier. My modelling skills for example are just a hobby. Maybe they look a little like made by an amateur, but I'm nothing as an amateur.

And to be honest ... without all the amateur modellers outside, RCT3 hasn't survive over all the years.

Last edited:
It is ok, I know everyone got somewhere to start. I am sorry you get hurt of my words.
It wasn't directed to anyone in particular. I am really just realizing the steep learning curve and long time of practice to get out "professional level" quality so to say and understanding more why there's inconsistent level of quality of user made stuff. There's so many layers of work into this thing!

Again, sorry for my words and please do not take it personally. I did not aim it to you personally, Spanky. You are at much higher level than me, I do not even know how to do it! So in kind it was directed to myself realizing the sheer learning curve and practice time.

There are amazing user made stuff too, and I have seen breathtaking stuff for RCT3.
I look forward to see the user made stuff for PlanCo, of all kinds. Also the "low quality" ones because we do not have anything now! [haha]

Keep modeling!

Thanks for your words, Helena. Means a lot to me.

Currently we all can just post our wishes and wants. But no-one (except the devs) knows at this time, what the Thememaker Toolkit really is, how it works and what we can really do with it. Normally it would be better, to wait and see what's possible and what's not, before we all start to speculate and add wishes, which are later maybe not possible to do. Frontier should give us really more information about the tool.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for your words, Helena. Means a lot to me.

Currently we all can just post our wishes and wants. But no-one (except the devs) knows at this time, what the Thememaker Toolkit really is, how it works and what we can really do with it. Normally it would be better, to wait and see what's possible and what's not, before we all start to speculate and add wishes, which are later maybe not possible to do. Frontier should give us really more information about the tool.
I assume that you have read the Support FAQ of the Thememaker’s Toolkit? The FAQ has answers for a number of questions.

You can post any questions you may have on the forums, so that Frontier can be made aware of it, and answer any questions in due time.

I assume that you have read the Support FAQ of the Thememaker’s Toolkit? The FAQ has answers for a number of questions.

You can post any questions you may have on the forums, so that Frontier can be made aware of it, and answer any questions in due time.

Of course I've read the FAQ's. But they can give you only a kind of overview and nott really a specific idea how it will look, work and how we can act with it at this time.

mas animatronicos!

This post is translated by Joël using Google Translate. Please be aware that this is an English-only forum, with the exception of the International Section.

This game is great, but I would love to see more animatronics that is what gives life to the park and it seems that it is alive, I would love to enjoy dinosaurs, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and monsters in the spooky dlc, horses that pull wagons and cowboys mounted on horses chasing others or getting on the train to the west, sinking ships imitating that simulation and more variety of pirates like having pirate characters from the Caribbean for the pirates of the Caribbean, disney characters, adas , elves, elves and avatar characters for fantasy areas, animatronics for reindeer Christmas, more animals for the adventure dlc, water attractions, would be interesting changes of seasons and I would like to have more variety of personnel animation, this game offers a lot of possibilities and sure frontier is capable of doing everything that is proposed but I would love to enjoy more animatronics.

Original post in Spanish
Este juego esta genial, pero me encantaria poder ver mas animatronicos que es lo que le da vida al parque y parece que esta vivo, me encantaria poder disfrutar de dinosaurios, de vampiros, hombres lobos, fantasmas y monstruos en el dlc spooky, de caballos que tiran de carromatos y vaqueros montados a caballos persiguiendo a otros o subiendo al tren para el del oeste, barcos hundiendose imitando esa simulacion y mas variedad de piratas como tener personajes de piratas del caribe para la zona piratas del caribe, personajes de disney, adas, elfos, duendes y personajes de avatar para las zonas de fantasia, animatronicos para la zona de navidad de renos, mas animales para el dlc aventura , atracciones de agua, estaria interesante los cambios de estaciones y tambien me gustaria tener mas variedad de personal de animacion, este juego ofrece un monton de posibilidades y frontier seguro que es capaz de hacer todo lo que se proponga pero me encantaria disfrutar de mas animatronicos.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Blender is a can do... ( crosses fingers )

I can play around w/ making 3D text by way of free fonts for windows ( I have a ton of them )

No doubt I'd start w/ XANADU so it'll look like it did in the movie, as of right now I'm using the Vintage Pack letters for that

I'm trying to create some adventure theme items. The wood texture is not finished, I will create a better one in substance painter but it takes time [happy].

I'm trying to create some adventure theme items. The wood texture is not finished, I will create a better one in substance painter but it takes time [happy].

[url]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u433/CLEARwaterFX/ITEM_01_zpsvjhurjws.gif[/URL][url]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u433/CLEARwaterFX/ITEM_02_zpszzst990a.gif[/URL][url]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u433/CLEARwaterFX/ITEM_03_zpsrvgcbzna.png[/URL]

YEAH, exactly what I was hoping for ... I would love to build a warehouse like in the end of Indiana Jones with several different (!) boxes and artifacts from all over the world. More treasures, ruins, monolithical structurs, Egyptian, Mayan, Aztec etc. [big grin][up]

Cataway - very cool - I too am glad others are already working on stuff...wish I had that talent. I still may try something to see how it turns out...thinking of a basic bamboo building set.

Top Bottom