What are your ideas for Thememaker items

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Excellent work! I look forward to all of these amazing creations for Planet Coaster! <3

The Thememaker’s Toolkit is going to enable players to create awesome new scenery!!!

Castaway, yoou did an fantasic job with your adventure set. Keep on working on that theme. All parts fit very well with the existing themes. Can I ask you which modeller you use for your creations?

Castaway, yoou did an fantasic job with your adventure set. Keep on working on that theme. All parts fit very well with the existing themes. Can I ask you which modeller you use for your creations?

Thank you [heart] Your mushrooms are cool too !

I'm using Blender, I know that it's not officially supported yet but I'm sure it will work. And if not, I'll just import my items in maya to export an fbx [haha]

I'm definitly not a pro, I've been using Blender as an hobby for almost 2 years. I do motion designs for a living, so usually I'm on After Effects. It's was hard to get motivated to start learning a brand new software from scratch. But there is so much tutorials on youtube that the learning curve is really easy [happy]

The hard part is to understand the "node" system. Specially when you come from a software that use "layers" instead, like photoshop or After Effects.

but what sucks it we can not do no effects or lighting but planet coaster from what everyone is saying is no longer going to update spooky pack or anything else. this needs to be addressed by one of them that can clear things up on this matter. I know how to use blender and also how to make lighting, if Frontier has no desire to update theme dlcs why can we not do effects there is many youtube videos that teach you how to even do it. its just my thought. some lights are okay with a certain theme but nothing for modern besides a foreign light pole. vintage is cool but that's for the grandpa and grandma era lmao.
also to mention map paints I get it they will not allow you to chose all okay that's fine but how about we get a studios map. modern looking mulch and some crystal rocks paint texture. for a map paint. even universal down in Florida has crystal rocks with mulch. now I am not complaining or more like ranting its hard to pick what would look good in a modern era park. what you guys did to recreate the 40's and the 50's was awesome. but we need a little love to the modern section to the Studios pack for a map.
for example for beginners to lighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-wPIfSHMLM

but what sucks it we can not do no effects or lighting but planet coaster from what everyone is saying is no longer going to update spooky pack or anything else. this needs to be addressed by one of them that can clear things up on this matter. I know how to use blender and also how to make lighting, if Frontier has no desire to update theme dlcs why can we not do effects there is many youtube videos that teach you how to even do it.

Well there won't be any updates for existing DLCs but i'm sure we will have new "Main" updates in the future.
As for lights, I'm guessing that it's too complicated to implement it in the thememaker toolkit. But this doesn't mean they will not update it one day to have lights. And even if this never happen, I'm sure we will have an "illumination map" options. If not when the thememaker gets out, then later.

For those who are new to 3D, illumination map is very common and is part of the material layers (diffuse map, normal map, reflection map, gloss, etc...).
It allows you to tell which parts of your 3D models as to glow. It does not replace lights because it won't affect the terrain or other items near by, but it will glow in the dark instead of being all black.
So this option, that i think is "easy" to implement in the thememaker, would allow cool stuff like glowing eyes, light sabers, electronic lights, etc... And it would be easier to hide a light in the 3D object and make it feel like it's coming from that object.

Illumination map do exist in this game, a good example is when you turn off a light, it doesn't turn off this map, that is why all the lights are still visible in the dark.
(Sorry for my english [big grin])

I would love to see rustic old wall advertisements - like at the American Waterfront area of the Tokyo DisneySea park. Because at present, the billboards seem to reset all the time to blank. Would be great to turn back time in your turn of the Century park. And all of the great suggestions here too - cannot wait for this to be implemented - BEST GAME EVER AND GETTING BETTER!!!!

but what sucks it we can not do no effects or lighting but planet coaster from what everyone is saying is no longer going to update spooky pack or anything else. this needs to be addressed by one of them that can clear things up on this matter. I know how to use blender and also how to make lighting, if Frontier has no desire to update theme dlcs why can we not do effects there is many youtube videos that teach you how to even do it. its just my thought. some lights are okay with a certain theme but nothing for modern besides a foreign light pole. vintage is cool but that's for the grandpa and grandma era lmao.
also to mention map paints I get it they will not allow you to chose all okay that's fine but how about we get a studios map. modern looking mulch and some crystal rocks paint texture. for a map paint. even universal down in Florida has crystal rocks with mulch. now I am not complaining or more like ranting its hard to pick what would look good in a modern era park. what you guys did to recreate the 40's and the 50's was awesome. but we need a little love to the modern section to the Studios pack for a map.
for example for beginners to lighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-wPIfSHMLM

We should wait for the Thememakers Toolkit and see how it works. At The beginning of PlanCo anyone say, that Glass in Planco is not possible. Meanwhile we have coloured glass. And that's how the Toolkit will hopeflly work too. At the beginning we start with smaller posibilties. We all didn't know, if a object with a tine little error could crash the whole game. For that reason it is good, that we don't can do anything from the first day.

Well there won't be any updates for existing DLCs but i'm sure we will have new "Main" updates in the future.
As for lights, I'm guessing that it's too complicated to implement it in the thememaker toolkit. But this doesn't mean they will not update it one day to have lights. And even if this never happen, I'm sure we will have an "illumination map" options. If not when the thememaker gets out, then later.

For those who are new to 3D, illumination map is very common and is part of the material layers (diffuse map, normal map, reflection map, gloss, etc...).
It allows you to tell which parts of your 3D models as to glow. It does not replace lights because it won't affect the terrain or other items near by, but it will glow in the dark instead of being all black.
So this option, that i think is "easy" to implement in the thememaker, would allow cool stuff like glowing eyes, light sabers, electronic lights, etc... And it would be easier to hide a light in the 3D object and make it feel like it's coming from that object.

Illumination map do exist in this game, a good example is when you turn off a light, it doesn't turn off this map, that is why all the lights are still visible in the dark.
(Sorry for my english [big grin])

Interesting. And good news.

So King Ghoster is made this way right.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Personally im hoping for some people do make some shop interior items (PlanCo shirts, figures of the mascots maybe, or just some random plush animals)

It will be so awesome to decorate shops and it will make a lot of buildings more meaningfull :D

Personally im hoping for some people do make some shop interior items (PlanCo shirts, figures of the mascots maybe, or just some random plush animals)

It will be so awesome to decorate shops and it will make a lot of buildings more meaningfull :D

Yeah nice idea...but I have a bad hunch they will " implement" actual Souvenir Shops in 1.9. As lazy black boxes yet again.

Yeah nice idea...but I have a bad hunch they will " implement" actual Souvenir Shops in 1.9. As lazy black boxes yet again.

I see nothing wrong with the way they "implemented" restaurants.

It's an expansion of possibilities. That's fine by me. For you it's lazy. But who knows how much coding this took?

I think it's misplaced to say things have been implemented in a lazy manner.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I see nothing wrong with the way they "implemented" restaurants.

It's an expansion of possibilities. That's fine by me. For you it's lazy. But who knows how much coding this took?

I think it's misplaced to say things have been implemented in a lazy manner.

I agree here. Personally i will never use the boxed restaurants because in my opinion we have something better in the game already. Which are the shops + picknick benches.
With a few little twists and tweaks and UGC we can make beautifull restaurants ourself.

That doesn't mean the boxed restaurants are bad. Im sure plenty of people will like them (as was already seen in the update thread). It's good to see people vary on opinions and Frontier tries to put something in for everyone.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
In this case I just can repeat my hope that someday we will get vendors without any shop boxes.

I definatly agree here. Especially with the introduction of UGC... It would be the final step towards creating our own full functional restaurants.

For me, selfishly speaking, I have a fear that this Thememaker Toolkit is just going to be an IP and Copyright infringer's dream. We are going to see all manner of the same, replicated to various degrees of quality Disney and other park items etc. Which I think will be a real shame if that's the case.

However, assuming that some-one, some-where is going to take it seriously, I'd love to see items that make our parks more "real" such as shop interior stuff, lockers, height checkers, queue-time signs, posters and adverts, signs, new fences, wall types, pillars etc. The small things that we can use to detail our parks rather than the typical replication of stuff like we saw with RCT3.

I definatly agree here. Especially with the introduction of UGC... It would be the final step towards creating our own full functional restaurants.

I am not a professional game programmer, but I think it shouldn't be that difficult to program, right?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
For me, selfishly speaking, I have a fear that this Thememaker Toolkit is just going to be an IP and Copyright infringer's dream. We are going to see all manner of the same, replicated to various degrees of quality Disney and other park items etc. Which I think will be a real shame if that's the case.

However, assuming that some-one, some-where is going to take it seriously, I'd love to see items that make our parks more "real" such as shop interior stuff, lockers, height checkers, queue-time signs, posters and adverts, signs, .....

there won’t be copyright probs because people r creating scenery items that r original. And, of course ppl will takeis seriously. If you’ve seen the stuff ppl made for rct3 then u have nothing to worry about. Peoples imaginations can go pretty far.

there won’t be copyright probs because people r creating scenery items that r original. And, of course ppl will takeis seriously. If you’ve seen the stuff ppl made for rct3 then u have nothing to worry about. Peoples imaginations can go pretty far.

And recreations will get 100% realistic xd[wink].
Already seeing that space mountain mission 2- 3d model recreation and Rudi's attempt was already pretty close.[praise]

Top Bottom