What are your ideas for Thememaker items

I have the Efteling as a work in progress. Started over a year ago. But only bult a quarter and then I got a bit bored with recreating other stuff instead of building my own.

Besides that, the fairytale forest I build has already thousands of pieces.

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/21515-Efteling-(Work-in-Progress)?highlight=efteling

if you are interested. I've added all rides and updated the workshop save this year sometimes, but it's nowhere near completion.

I didn't specifically mean recreating the park, but rather using the Toolkit to create Efteling building sets and props, and perhaps "fake" rides that don't work (yet) in the game, like the Pagode.

I've concluded that Planet Coaster, or any game, just isn't enough for what I wanted to do with my own park; that and the fact that it's too difficult for me to still have fun while building anything else with the limited amount of time I have. Instead, I plan on just going straight for a bare game engine (Unreal) and start building a virtual ride (which will probably at first be a recreation of one or two Efteling rides to get a feel of how I could do it).

I still intend to create original building sets and props for the game for others to enjoy, perhaps by combining it with my own virtual park.

I didn't specifically mean recreating the park, but rather using the Toolkit to create Efteling building sets and props, and perhaps "fake" rides that don't work (yet) in the game, like the Pagode.

I've concluded that Planet Coaster, or any game, just isn't enough for what I wanted to do with my own park; that and the fact that it's too difficult for me to still have fun while building anything else with the limited amount of time I have. Instead, I plan on just going straight for a bare game engine (Unreal) and start building a virtual ride (which will probably at first be a recreation of one or two Efteling rides to get a feel of how I could do it).

I still intend to create original building sets and props for the game for others to enjoy, perhaps by combining it with my own virtual park.

Oh yeah, I more so meant that currently the piece count is slowly affecting performance and it's not even done. Didn't mention that correctly I see. Objects from the Thememaker could decrease object count. [up]

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
I have the Efteling as a work in progress. Started over a year ago. But only bult a quarter and then I got a bit bored with recreating other stuff instead of building my own.

Besides that, the fairytale forest I build has already thousands of pieces.

I checked out you link to your Efteling thread, the photos look great! Keen to see the result. All good parks take time.

I see the advantage of custom scenery in simplify some user made objects and shapes. Maybe the performance will be much better in larger parks if the items are not made out of thousands of unique items. I do not see the advantage of adding thousand different items, because i think the scenery menu can handle just an specific amount of displayed items.

I also can´t wait to create finally a ultra-realitis park without lag, because some buildings are merged and and i can create a rescaled version of a recreation which wouldn´t fit with the original objects very well.

Something like supports or longer fences will be also great.

I am excited how this will be going..

The Authoring Guidelines are published. Objects needs to be at least 0.5 meter in one direction and cannot exceed 8 meters in any direction. So we can cross out at least half of the wishes and plans from this topic :(

I would guess this is a starting point to make sure everything goes through the program clean and easy as they work out the kinks. they are trying to eliminate huge mods that can cause more issues. Just like when blueprints had more restrictions originally. I'm sure as the process stabilizes and becomes more the norm...things like this can be changed/increased.

Im gonna be the boring guy and try sorting out some boring things such as road signs, alphabet letters in different signs and fonts, restaurant logos etc. Just general rubbish people wouldnt generally think about :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Im gonna be the boring guy and try sorting out some boring things such as road signs, alphabet letters in different signs and fonts, restaurant logos etc. Just general rubbish people wouldnt generally think about :)

Rubbish?! That sounds great to have!

It's the little things that add the details to the most fantastic creations! :D

Brett C

Frontier

Oddly enough, props, such as signage is going to be quite popular. :)

https://blog.sketchfab.com/creating-low-poly-game-assets-with-zbrush-and-topogun/

Ok this was brutal. So much work! I think it is too much for me, ha ha!
Haha, welcome to 3D artist life! [yum] That's basically my day to day job. I LOVE IT !
(though that asset was insanely nice and detailed. WOOH! more so than the stuff I do which is more environment related)

Only one way to get started; get a 3D modeling app, get someting like Substance Painter (Highly recommend it!!), which happens to be on sale right now on Steam, and off you go! :)

Last edited:
Everything for adventure. Ruin sets in "Angkor Wat" style or the other ancient buildings in that area. Steampunk would be interesting, too. In general Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider stuff. I liked some of the tombs in Shadow of the Tomb Raider [big grin]

I will be working on a few things.

I love the Roman era so I will be working on creating assets to theme this part of my park.

The 2nd thing I will be doing is creating assets that I need to augment my current building projects and to expand upon the purchased DLC theme packs.

If I get good enough and people like what I do I will start taking suggestions for what other people want to use and try to provide this stuff to the community.

Top Bottom