Newcomer / Intro What can I engineer to reduce overheating??

I have anaconda with overcharged multi cannons throughout but during long battles I'm overheating which rips up my own ship. I have access to all engineers. What can I engineer to reduce overheating??
I'm also trying to reduce my weight so any tips?

Engineer power plant low emissions monstered.
Distributor charge enhanced super conduits.
Thermal spread on fsd if jump range ain't an issue. D rate life support n scanner.
That'll help.
Would say thermal spread on thrusters but youd lose alot of speed/manouverability

Engineer power plant low emissions monstered.
Distributor charge enhanced super conduits.
Thermal spread on fsd if jump range ain't an issue. D rate life support n scanner.
That'll help.
Would say thermal spread on thrusters but youd lose alot of speed/manouverability
Another option is Power Plant engineered to Armoured / Thermal Spread which gives more power than Low Emissions and a less fragile PP. The thing to look for is the PP's Efficiency. Mass wise both mods are the same.

I would also suggest you change overcharged weapons for g5 efficient. They pack most of the same punch but are massively cooler and far less power required. Hence they can fire for much longer. If you have access to G5 I would also add one of the extras to give them even more oomph. My Conda can fire "indefinitely" without draining the capacitors or overheating. It more than compensates for slightly more firepower imho.

Which experimentals are you running on your multicannons, Incendiary will add a lot of heat for example.

Won't oversized get you the same DPS at the same power draw but without the extra ammo/distro costs that comes with firing faster?

No it`s a hell of a difference ie 46% less power draw and something like 60% less heat and 3% increase in fire rate plus 28% increase in damage over standard

Here's an Asp Explorer build designed for the lowest heat generation cruising at 16 percent.
Check out the core modules and shield to see the engineering.

I have used every mod on every module and this is my set up of choice if you want a serious fight. When you add this to strong shields it allows you to blow lighter craft to bits and you can slowly wear down heavier craft with a constant barrage of weapons fire. Oh and never forget, with heavier shields you can use the dammed ship as a ram..this works! I use my Conda as a hunter/killer...it has the heaviest beam possible up front then multicannons. It will shred most shields very quickly then goes in for the kill.
If you want ultimate kill power then I am afraid a fully engineered Corvette will be a problem for a Conda. Mine is an animal, and will easily hold against 2 condas even 3 sometimes.

Last edited:
Good luck with engineering, ultimately use what you find comfortable, it is great fun finding out as well. Hope my input helps. Fly hard brother.

Last edited:
No one mentioned it but if your overheating is a result of using weapons, then adding a pair of thermal vent beams will easily offset the multicannon heat as long as you're hitting with the beams.

E rated modules may in some cases have a better overall reductive effect as they already vastly reduced reactor draw. It just depends a lot on what you need them for. IMHO their usefulness is overlooked.

Top Bottom