What can we realistically expect next

I think it could also be a Red Deer, though not necessarily DLC, but a free update - though it's not impossible it would be a standalone DLC either.

Also seems like PZ wont come to consoles until 2024.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-214121_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-214121_OneDrive.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_20220114-214221_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-214221_OneDrive.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 189
Knowing all this the idea of a new dlc pattern giving one separate animal every month would more than amazing 🤩 and a chance for the less popular species
I fully support that. Of course, I fully support them giving us a thousand animals and would probably pay for 99% of them

I know realistically we well be lucky if we get 200 animals, and probably less than 150 particularly if they don't delve into flying or marine animals.

Good news when it will come true but I must say I was always optimistic that planet Zoo could continue into the year 2023 and perhaps even longer. Why quit your bestseller when you have nearly infinite possibilities of animals (and Zoo stuff, too) you can bring to the game (in this case PZ is different to Planet Coaster. Attractions for an amusement park are limited. And JWE is not comaparable to PZ because it is a licensed product).

So basically this means that there is a existing roadmap for Planet Zoo at least till May 2023 which is more that all of us could predict or expect. Such a good news for the end of the week 😄
At the video they also mentioned “that there is a big roster of things” that would be announced over the next few weeks and months which sounds really promising 🤩
I understand that he was referring to all the games that he mentioned but this could be something for PZ as well.

Last edited:
Good news when it will come true but I must say I was always optimistic that planet Zoo could continue into the year 2023 and perhaps even longer. Why quit your bestseller when you have nearly infinite possibilities of animals (and Zoo stuff, too) you can bring to the game (in this case PZ is different to Planet Coaster. Attractions for an amusement park are limited. And JWE is not comaparable to PZ because it is a licensed product).
There is a technical limit to the game, when it would be too resource consuming for platforms to run. It is already not optimized well for large zoos, but we are far from it.

Please remind me how many more DLCs did the recent data-mining predict? 5 including the Euro pack?
Getting a new DLC in May 2023 would be already better than those predictions, if they keep releasing 1 DLC per 3 months.

If datamining points to anything, the next full pack will be either a rainforest theme (capybara--a South American Pack part 2 is possible but I don't know if Frontier would go for it) or an East Asian theme (unused hot spring enrichment and certain props, maybe focused on Japan and maybe headlined by the red-crowned crane rather than the Amur leopard).

As for whatever they're doing with the Lumi story continuation...I have no idea. Maybe tomorrow will give a better hint.

or an East Asian theme (unused hot spring enrichment and certain props, maybe focused on Japan
In Japanese Zoos Capybaras actually use a hotsprings enrichment. If I were to guess they will do more regional dlcs before they move to biomes. Lots of regions inside the continents that need to be explored.

There is a technical limit to the game, when it would be too resource consuming for platforms to run. It is already not optimized well for large zoos, but we are far from it.
I think you're mixing two kinds of optimization flows here.

On one hand you have the ability of the game to load all the available content you can use to build your zoo. That is part of the optimization that can influence adding more DLC content to the game. There are a multitude of ways to handle this issue, a lot of it has to do with dynamically loading in assets in the game the moment someone is scrolling through the construction tab for instance, and the vast majority of solutions to that are pretty extendable.

Now of course at one point, as with anything in development, you reach the limit to what you can do with that. So at that point but preferably a little bit before you hit that point, you stop adding new content to your game.

Now the ability of the game to handle large zoos on lower end systems ( as large zoos run surprisingly well on higher end machines) however is irrelevant to adding more DLC content to your game. Planet Zoo is a game in a genre of similar near limitless sandbox games. This genre deliberately makes the choice not to put too many limits upon its players in what they can do, at the costs of the players having to invest in higher end parts/computers once they're hitting lag. It is not a choice everyone can agree with, but it doesn't make it a bad choice because of that. It is simply a choice that is part of this kind of game.

That obviously doesn't mean that they don't look into optimizing the game so you can at least go as far as you can, but once you hit a hardware limitation, you are on your own. It's the nature of the genre, and clearly enough people are a fan of it because it hasn't died out yet.

If datamining points to anything, the next full pack will be either a rainforest theme (capybara--a South American Pack part 2 is possible but I don't know if Frontier would go for it) or an East Asian theme (unused hot spring enrichment and certain props, maybe focused on Japan and maybe headlined by the red-crowned crane rather than the Amur leopard).
Those animals and scenery ( capybara was even a sign, not an animal) were tagged with tags from themes of previous DLCs. Just like how an emperor penguin sign was found during the beta which later on ended up becoming a king penguin, these things are much more likely to be scrapped content than indications of future content.

Doesn't mean a capybara isn't going to happen, I think it's a logical animal given the meta-whishlist, but the stuff you mentioned isn't solid enough to point to something in the future.

So basically this means that there is a existing roadmap for Planet Zoo at least till May 2023 which is more that all of us could predict or expect. Such a good news for the end of the week 😄
At the video they also mentioned “that there is a big roster of things” that would be announced over the next few weeks and months which sounds really promising 🤩
I understand that he was referring to all the games that he mentioned but this could be something for PZ as well.
If I remember correctly, all it means is that we will get more content throughought fiscal year 2023, which begins on July 1. 2022. That can very well mean that we won't get anything 2023, but only up to decembre 2022, like we always assumed.

Now, I'm still optimistic about content 2023, I just wanted to point out that it's not a given by what we have. :)

If I remember correctly, all it means is that we will get more content throughought fiscal year 2023, which begins on July 1. 2022. That can very well mean that we won't get anything 2023, but only up to decembre 2022, like we always assumed.

Now, I'm still optimistic about content 2023, I just wanted to point out that it's not a given by what we have. :)
Exactly this.
The report just confirms the datamine of (4) more packs coming in 2022, but it doesn't mean we'll get content beyond 2022. However, I agree that PZ's greater potential and financial success compared to Planco makes it more reasonable to expect DLCs in 2023.

Top Bottom