What Constitutes as Cheating

Using software or hardware macros to perform a single action, even if it's more than one keystroke, is not considered cheating. One example would be requesting docking permission.
I can't find the official statement because I still didn't finish my first coffee, but I'll continue looking.
Using macros for PIP management is also not considered cheating. CMDR Exigeous explicitly asked support about it.

Edit: According to this Reddit post, you are a cheater. One key press should only equal one action.

Since the post you linked was not written by a member of FD staff, then it's worth less than a ganker's word.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn about people discovering magical intervals to cancel reload, optimize draw or increase firerate on weapons. Something easily done with a simple button mapping utilitary.

Been done before in other games, banned in tournaments. That's what automation is all about.

Now Elite is a sandbox, I don't really care personally.

I believe Frontier always called it an exploit. So the ultimate (but pointless) question is if you consider cheating and exploiting to be the same thing. If yes, flipping the mission board or getting G5 for G1 rolls is also cheating. It doesn't really matter though, it's against the rules. That's everything we need to know.

Personally I'd say ban all combat loggers and engineer exploiters to Solo and if they continue cheating there they should also be shadow banned. :)

In which case, then interdicting another player would be cheating.
Have I written the EULA?
It's not considered cheating, but it is still prohibited by the EULA.
You are fully correct. When I interdict someone, I do interfere with someone's game.
As I already wrote in one of my previous posts, if I apply EULA to Docking Computers, it should be considered cheating, as I'm using software automation. Maybe it sounds stupid to you, but judges and attorneys find wording of contracts and laws as something that's really important.

Sorry... I went out of the game ... I drink too much coffee so I'm a cheater :)
If ED crashes while I'm fighting an NPC, is it combat logging?
If the same happens while I'm fighting another player, can I be banned?
I send all crash reports to FD, so it's documented.

If ED crashes while I'm fighting an NPC, is it combat logging?
If the same happens while I'm fighting another player, can I be banned?
I send all crash reports to FD, so it's documented.
If your game crashes, that's on FD.
If you always conveniently crash with 5% hull because you accidentally pull your WLAN cable plug (;)), I'd say you should be banned.
Your last sentence is pretty good evidence for your own defense.
But I'm not the Braben anyways.

The Replicated Man

T
Using relative mouse, K&M, Voice Attack and Keyboard Macros are considered cheating by some.

I just laugh

Top Bottom