What determines the presence (or lack thereof) of an interstellar factors?

We home in Bolg, it's a medium security which has had a comp nav for at least a year which is totally stable. It also has (usually) an interstellar factors at moxons mojo.

Some weeks it disappears, and I'm just curious what triggers that (the system does not change hands when it disappears, nor the asset). Anyone know? Thanks!

All stations in a low security system, or any station run by an anarchist faction will have an IF office.

Usually. There's bound to be some quirks, it's BGS innit.

This... low security/anarchy have IF and if population is low or the system is industrial with high demand of slaves (nearby systems spawn slaves delivery missions to that station) these missions can also reduce the security level of the controlling faction.

Here's an example of how this can change: We had an interstellar factor open up at the controlling port in one of our systems when an anarchy faction took a secondary outpost. When we took the outpost from that anarchy, the factor closed, as the system increased to medium security.

You were saying the other day I run the IF in Bolg.
Not sure that I do, but maybe I could fit in a murder spree next week. That might lower the security a bit.

Actually, I stopped in a couple days ago. I was getting the spikes on the Krait resharpened next door in Wyrd. That’s a very useful mats trader like you said.

Unfortunately time zones mean we won’t run into each other, but I’ll keep the weapons hot just in case.

I'll post the screenshot sooner or later, you'll poo bricks, trust me, It's you. It;s your commander anyway. :p I'm looking at him now, in your avatar, that's the guy that runs our interstellar factors, I tell you! Come and lower the security all you want, by the way. ;)

You were saying the other day I run the IF in Bolg.
Not sure that I do, but maybe I could fit in a murder spree next week. That might lower the security a bit.

Actually, I stopped in a couple days ago. I was getting the spikes on the Krait resharpened next door in Wyrd. That’s a very useful mats trader like you said.

Unfortunately time zones mean we won’t run into each other, but I’ll keep the weapons hot just in case.

You'll never find any of them in Bolg, they're usually busy chasing people around in Shinarta.

But a 'murder spree' in Shinarta usually means something completely different than shooting a bunch of helpless NPCs. Lol

Top Bottom