What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Kinda, depends on how large the thing will be. I plan on putting there two habitats, with this just being the first, one for meerkats and this one for, ...also meerkats that i imagine to be banded mongooses.
I just love these guys, they are beautiful and also pretty savage. Last time i saw them in a zoo, there were 4 corpses of songbirds in their enclosure, so much to cute and cuddly.
1631999505094.png

Kinda, depends on how large the thing will be. I plan on putting there two habitats, with this just being the first, one for meerkats and this one for, ...also meerkats that i imagine to be banded mongooses.
I just love these guys, they are beautiful and also pretty savage. Last time i saw them in a zoo, there were 4 corpses of songbirds in their enclosure, so much to cute and cuddly.
View attachment 263090
Rikki Tikki Tavi, the cobra killer.

Also, they're invasive to Jamaica

I made some progress in the "Wiesenthal Zoo".

Last week I made this restaurant. Actually nothing special. But I like it. There is also a platform with seating from which you have a nice view of the canal and can see the other side.
20210919170037_1.jpg
20210919170103_1.jpg
20210919170436_1.jpg

In addition, an elevated railway and 2 new enclosures have been created.
Originally I had planned something else at this point, I had already started to build, but I didn't like it, so I tore it down again. Then, spontaneously, I had the idea of the elevated railway, which should go over the canal and roam different enclosures. Actually, it was supposed to be a kind of jungle trip, but then I decided against it because I don't sort the animals in this zoo by biome, but simply according to my mood.

Here are the 2 new enclosures for Gemsbock and Pronghorns.
20210919165908_1.jpg
20210919165921_1.jpg
20210919165931_1.jpg
20210919165948_1.jpg
20210919165958_1.jpg

The gabion wall is not mine, I discovered it a few days ago in the workshop

I have to see if I can get the monorail handled. This is my first transport ride, that I am building. So it can be good that I'll whine to you for some help with it.

And like always:
(it fills up slowly :D)
For the gap between the penguin and the arctic wolf enclosure, I'll wait and see what's in the new DLC.
20210919170145_1.jpg

I made some progress in the "Wiesenthal Zoo".

Last week I made this restaurant. Actually nothing special. But I like it. There is also a platform with seating from which you have a nice view of the canal and can see the other side.

In addition, an elevated railway and 2 new enclosures have been created.
Originally I had planned something else at this point, I had already started to build, but I didn't like it, so I tore it down again. Then, spontaneously, I had the idea of the elevated railway, which should go over the canal and roam different enclosures. Actually, it was supposed to be a kind of jungle trip, but then I decided against it because I don't sort the animals in this zoo by biome, but simply according to my mood.

Here are the 2 new enclosures for Gemsbock and Pronghorns.
View attachment 263180View attachment 263181
The gabion wall is not mine, I discovered it a few days ago in the workshop

I have to see if I can get the monorail handled. This is my first transport ride, that I am building. So it can be good that I'll whine to you for some help with it.

And like always:
(it fills up slowly :D)
For the gap between the penguin and the arctic wolf enclosure, I'll wait and see what's in the new DLC.
View attachment 263183
Says nothing special, builds something better then most of us could. Great job, dont be that modest, your great! Give yourself a pat on the shoulder from time to time and say proudly "Another job well done". Im sure it will help the motivation :)

Yesterday i finished Longview Zoo. Very small, almost nothing, but I want to make small zoos with personality than huge zoos.

Plus, I wanna open multiple zoos at once.
I opened a zoo in Iceland, Zoo Iceland. I got some reindeer, dall sheep, and a pair of polar bears; Frosty and Slushie.

I'm trying to get all species' research completed. All I'm missing is the aardvark, bactrian camel, polar bear (getting that done), and the snow leopard. I wanna do it before the next DLC.
So, the bactrian camel and snow leopard I will bring to Zoo Iceland, then imma open a zoo in Australia to get the aardvark.

Speaking of which, to all Australian players: besides local fauna, what in-game animals in particular are frequently housed in Australian zoos?

Last edited:
Babysteps on the evening before my exam, so it isnt really much, mostly just finished fencing and some trees, but it looks quite nicly. Do you guys have idears how i can keep the open and a bit empty look, without having it looks super unfinished, or do you think it can stay this way?
Some feedback would be very welcome ^^

nyala 7.jpeg

View from the banded mongoose habitat
nyala 8.jpeg

View from the (food?) plaza with the greek tortoise, banded mongoose, nyala and reindeer. To the right some meerkats are planned and to the left another smallish animal/habitat. If we had them, i would love to put some coatis there.
nyala 9.jpeg

Babysteps on the evening before my exam, so it isnt really much, mostly just finished fencing and some trees, but it looks quite nicly. Do you guys have idears how i can keep the open and a bit empty look, without having it looks super unfinished, or do you think it can stay this way?

View attachment 263205

View attachment 263207

View from the (food?) plaza with the greek tortoise, banded mongoose, nyala and reindeer. To the right some meerkats are planned and to the left another smallish animal/habitat. If we had them, i would love to put some coatis there.
View attachment 263208
I'm afraid I don't have feedback, but good luck on your exam!

Sigh...I had a nice paragraph typed out and a bunch of pictures in the text, and of course the last picture I was adding flipped out. Anyways, not going to do the whole thing over.

I've been working on my Jamestown Zoo and have added in some big name African animals like the Lion and Giraffe, getting ready to add in the elephant next. I've worked on beautifying a bit, particularly my Asia and Australia section, and more working on some more projects with it. Holding off on North America for now until we get a DLC announcement, so it's just the wolf and grizzly at this point. Love this zoo because it's flourishing, it's definitely my favorite one I've started in the last year. I'm even branching and out and designing some simple little things here and there- also the buildings with no shell, just pretend they look decent, as I'm going to work on some design shells for those.

But I worry, at 13 habitats, including the upcoming elephant, it's already at the halfway point where it's going to be too large but I have so many animals I want to put in.

Anyways enjoy my photos, sorry they're probably all a mess in order now since I redid this a second time. I also played with camera effects and took some greyscale pictures, to give it an old timey look. I guess because it takes out some of the vibrancy the game has colorwise, they look more realistic than the in color pictures.

20210919183935_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210919184132_1.jpg
    20210919184132_1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210919184151_1.jpg
    20210919184151_1.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210919184056_1.jpg
    20210919184056_1.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210917204539_1.jpg
    20210917204539_1.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210917204639_1.jpg
    20210917204639_1.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210909213344_1.jpg
    20210909213344_1.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210919185450_1.jpg
    20210919185450_1.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210919185517_1.jpg
    20210919185517_1.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210919183946_1.jpg
    20210919183946_1.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Says nothing special, builds something better then most of us could. Great job, dont be that modest, your great! Give yourself a pat on the shoulder from time to time and say proudly "Another job well done". Im sure it will help the motivation :)
Thank you bud!
It's a disease that I'm never really satisfied with my work. 😅

(I also noticed yesterday that I should slowly work on the "tasks" ... 4599/50.000 CC only)

View attachment 263205

View attachment 263207

View attachment 263208
I think a stone wall would fit in there, built from the rectangular fake stones from the Aquatic Pack. You can stack them well on top of each other.
Edit: Here is a picture
20210621163006_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh...I had a nice paragraph typed out and a bunch of pictures in the text, and of course the last picture I was adding flipped out. Anyways, not going to do the whole thing over.

I've been working on my Jamestown Zoo and have added in some big name African animals like the Lion and Giraffe, getting ready to add in the elephant next. I've worked on beautifying a bit, particularly my Asia and Australia section, and more working on some more projects with it. Holding off on North America for now until we get a DLC announcement, so it's just the wolf and grizzly at this point. Love this zoo because it's flourishing, it's definitely my favorite one I've started in the last year. I'm even branching and out and designing some simple little things here and there- also the buildings with no shell, just pretend they look decent, as I'm going to work on some design shells for those.

But I worry, at 13 habitats, including the upcoming elephant, it's already at the halfway point where it's going to be too large but I have so many animals I want to put in.

Anyways enjoy my photos, sorry they're probably all a mess in order now since I redid this a second time. I also played with camera effects and took some greyscale pictures, to give it an old timey look. I guess because it takes out some of the vibrancy the game has colorwise, they look more realistic than the in color pictures.

View attachment 263306
I like that Elephant Sign.

I think a stone wall would fit in there, built from the rectangular fake stones from the Aquatic Pack. You can stack them well on top of each other.
I did this for the Seal Enclosure in my Marine Park. It looks really nice if you use different Colors for them

I'd really like to have realitsic work zones (so some keepers are specialized in birds, others in hoovstock, the next in´predators etc.) But I don't want to line these habitats one after another.

Really love this idea. I've mostly made my keepers focus on a plot of land, but it seems like they might be able to specialize without too much trouble. I'd focus on making sure they have dedicated keeper paths (that are their shortest or only method of going from one habitat to another, so they aren't slowed down by guests), and of course having keeper huts and staff rooms really close to each habitat (or the appropriate vet buildings if you're doing vets). Will be interesting to hear how far apart you're able to get them to work before they stop.

Will be interesting to hear how far apart you're able to get them to work before they stop.
My goal is to have the habitats very close together from a backstage point of view while not grouped from a guest point of view. So the guest shall see a bird, an antilope, a canine a cat but the keepers walk from bird to bird to bird in the shortest possible time. Some people who know a lot about IRL zoos told me that's what they usually do in zoos. Definitely a challenge in planning :)

So, believe it or not... the moment I decided not to care about accessability with my penguin habitat and wanted to make stairs down, the game created the perfect path.
At the end the habitat (still in progress) doesn't look exactly like I wanted it, but I decided to just go with it.
The zoo also has a name now: Zoo Wingburg. Because I'm just winging it.

Didn't do anything in the Game because I still need to wait for the new SSD to arrive but I planned something. I want to build a small Zoo in a very small Country that probably almost no one knows. Just don't know if it is even possible in the Game due to it being a small Island. Would love to have domesticated Goats for that Project and Wallabys would also be nice 🙁

Top Bottom