What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Thank you for the ideas! They are great. I might steal them. Let me just start a new zoo... ;) Oh, wait, no, I have about 4 habitats I have yet to build in my current one.

Your zoos (I only know "Königsfreuden") are great, by the way, and far, far better than anything I can come up with. But you'll see, in some years time....

Aww, thank you and you're welcome! 🌷
If you or others are interested and instagram isn't really for you, I could make a thread dedicated to Unity. I didn't really set Königsfreuden to "finish". It's still a project I want to work on whenever I have ideas for a good cause to highlight.

If you or others are interested and instagram isn't really for you, I could make a thread dedicated to Unity.

Please do! I follow your instagram, but I'm usually browsing it on the phone and thus I don't see many details in the pictures (and I don't always have enough time for a closer look).

What I did today: I took some pictures of a finished area in my zoo, witnessed some animals being born (Aardvark baby!) and continued to build my desert dome. I made a little garden with rocks, desert plants and some desert exhibits.

Today I had a half day at work so I was able to spend some time working on opening my Australian located zoo. It's still just very rough stages, one exhibit and one habitat, but Ive been trying to do a zoo that is themed or at leaste mostly themed around each of the 6 inhabited continents. Sometimes, due to slim pickings I've had to add extra animals in and I haven't worked on a South American Themed zoo due to lack of capybaras :cry::ROFLMAO: but I'm digging in down under with, Outback Oasis.

Thanks for the kind words, you all. I made a thread here. :)

My depressions are a bit annyoing today, so I can't really concentrate very good. I switch between writing and gaming today and tried to do some smaller things in PZ for now. Scenery and such. Nothing big, just details here and there. I hope to be back to normal soon and continue with my PZ high ;)

I won't be playing today either, a friend is coming over. I hope I can squeeze in some hours tomorrow, because I'm super hyped again at the moment. Probably because there is a lot more important stuff demanding my time :D

But I'm really excited to watch the new Koali Zoo episode after the break, it was announced for today and I think I'm gonna enjoy it before bed. I really love the vibe of the series.

Edit: Wohoo, the episode already aired! But I'm afraid my friend will arrive on time. Any other Koali fans out there?

Last edited:
Edit: Wohoo, the episode already aired! But I'm afraid my friend will arrive on time. Any other Koali fans out there?

Not a Koali Fan in general, but a @Iben Fan ;) So I mostly watch because of him, if he's in the episodes. Everything he does in this game is mind blowing awesome and he still is down to earth. Love it.

Funny enough, my "game with no plan" and writing in between turns out to be a good idea - at least for today. I do a lot of landscaping, foliage and smaller projects.

The past few days I've done quite a bit. I've gotten gorillas and Siberian tigers. I think I prefer them to Bengals. More robust, and I like designing snowy habitats. I also made my Bengals a temple, and my bongos a waterfall. I really enjoy the results of both projects. My first builds I'm truly proud of. I think I need to add things like those to my old habitats. The temple ended up being less ruined than I had in mind, I couldn't get it to look damaged in a natural way. Still enjoy it.

Built a Combination of a Gorilla Statue and a Clock in Front of the Ape House I'm still working on. I call him the mighty Ape of Time :D
That sounds cool! Would love to see it, when you are ready.
It's 4 AM now here... I had too much coke. Time to go to bed for me, but I started to re-build the World of Plants in unity and the first habitats for the Nyalas. Not too sure if it's ready already or if I need to rebuild. The animals seem soooo small in the large habitat.

Just doing design research for habitats, maybe i can finding new design direction from it...

The Null barrier + Scenery works perfectly and the animals wont escape away from the habitat, and the keeper hut connected to it is also functional, may later i can use this method to build another beautiful habitat for my next zoo, but it will take some time since i am playing mobile game forced by my friend

*They dont feel my love of the Planet Zoo and tell me not to play it, what a sad story

Planet_Zoo_009.jpg

Planet_Zoo_010.jpg

And the breeding Program is just as usual, still working hard on Giraffe but other animals seems going better than the main focus, wired......

Planet_Zoo_012.jpg

Planet_Zoo_011.jpg
Planet_Zoo_013.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after a 2-hour work, a new habitat for my Lions are done, however there are still a lot space to improve next time.

20200906185605_1.jpg
20200906185617_1.jpg
20200906185654_1.jpg
20200906190108_1.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds cool! Would love to see it, when you are ready.
It's 4 AM now here... I had too much coke. Time to go to bed for me, but I started to re-build the World of Plants in unity and the first habitats for the Nyalas. Not too sure if it's ready already or if I need to rebuild. The animals seem soooo small in the large habitat.
Zeitgorilla2.jpg

I also gave him little Friends☺️
The Ape House behind him isn't very impressive (it's my first Building where I try to almost completely build with the classic Theme

I am just taking it slowly, watching the animals and do some management today while I'm waiting for the vets to complete the research for my desert exhibit animals. My rule of thumb is to complete the research first before adding a new species. There will be a desert habitat with camels in the dome, but the guests are already allowed to enter and enjoy the garden and the food court.

20200906204246_1.jpg

In the meantime, I've made another viewing platform for the warthog and aardvark enclosure, but people are still crowding on the bridge. I hope they'll spread more evenly once there are more animals around.

20200906202613_1.jpg

I also got a cute pair of jaguar cubs, and my giant anteater is expecting as well.

I attempted to build one of those beautiful "tropical halls" but just couldn't get it right. Instead I downscaled to a simpler reptile house. I had to do a ton of work on the saltwater crocodile (took me a while to find a male with a maximum size gene as well) because their hitbox seems to be much, much larger than almost any other animal. That was a pain. I had initially wanted to do both Nile monitors and Komodo dragons as well but ran out of space, so I resolved to just do the monitors and fill in some of the gaps with exhibits.

Then I spent forty minutes trying to get myself an albino boa constrictor. Finally found one, but I've now run out of time to do any more work on it for the morning.

I've finished the Work on my Ape House (except the Bonobo Indoor Enclosure) and wanted to start the Changes in my Main Zoo but for some Reason it's lagging now even though it didn't lagg last Time when I was in that Zoo (before the Release of the Australia Pack). I hope I will find a Solution. It would be great if I could set a Guest Limit which would also lead to a smaller Need for Shops and Trash Cans but I fear that the Money won't be enough after that. I don't really want to restart the Zoo again 😟

Anyone here do a lot of "natural" climbing habitats? What I mean is, how many of you will try and incorporate trees into your climbing structures?

I tend to build more "low budget" primate habitats using ropes, the climbing equipment, and the broken trees, with very little natural plantlife, but I did want to incorporate capuchins into some kind of tropical area in the future. Every time I've ever tried it, however, I find it exceedingly difficult to balance 'natural trees' with 'unnatural climbing equipment'. Using the vines certainly helps but even then I'm never sure where I should connect them to the tree branches.

Top Bottom