What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Started working on a larger 4x4 safari park, might work on a boat section that can cross around it at times. Using the vehicles for transportation with smaller areas at stops that are built up, each also being a transition point for environments (and the hubs each requiring their own worker areas as well).

Trying to have each section of it use sightlines to hide anything but the moving enrichment stuff after rewatching parts of an old documentary on how Disney's Animal Kingdom was laid out. It's a lot harder to do than the real life zoos that use the strategies.

Started working on a larger 4x4 safari park, might work on a boat section that can cross around it at times. Using the vehicles for transportation with smaller areas at stops that are built up, each also being a transition point for environments (and the hubs each requiring their own worker areas as well).

Trying to have each section of it use sightlines to hide anything but the moving enrichment stuff after rewatching parts of an old documentary on how Disney's Animal Kingdom was laid out. It's a lot harder to do than the real life zoos that use the strategies.

Is this on Disney Plus? Would love to see it. Maybe worth the free month ;)

Part of building is deleting... At least that's what Mike says. Don't worry, the bamboo building is saved somewhere, but this is going to be a major improvement to Tharmachati for sure 😏
Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.10.16_-_17.38.48.37.png

Part of building is deleting... At least that's what Mike says. Don't worry, the bamboo building is saved somewhere, but this is going to be a major improvement to Tharmachati for sure 😏
Wait....what? That's like half of what you built! :eek:
I really liked that area and the rhino habitat. But oh well I hope the change will bring something even better.

Love your series btw!

Don't forget to sleep in between and cough twice in the next video, if you are held captive by Mike!

Also: I don't think Tharmachati can be even better, but you proved us wrong many times, so...

Except for the lower right coner, your zoo looks very covid-19 prepared :D

AWESOME AND GRAND - WISH WE HAD HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS IN GAME.

Wait....what? That's like half of what you built! :eek:
I really liked that area and the rhino habitat. But oh well I hope the change will bring something even better.

Love your series btw!

Hahaha yes, I had to though. The whole entrance area to Heart of India was very cramped and whatever I did I couldn't make it work with the provided space; so I had to go in and make some hard decisions. But I'm pretty sure the new version will be much better ^^

Big thanks :D

Don't forget to sleep in between and cough twice in the next video, if you are held captive by Mike!

Also: I don't think Tharmachati can be even better, but you proved us wrong many times, so...
Hahahaha I get enough sleep between helping Mike and building my own stuff, don't you worry :D I really hope this area will be better, the rhinos will get an old elephant yard as their paddock, and the two houses will be connected to form one big pachyderm spot!.

Except for the lower right coner, your zoo looks very covid-19 prepared :D

Ahahahahaha, let's say I'm not thinking about COVID in my parks 😂

Hahahaha I get enough sleep between helping Mike and building my own stuff, don't you worry :D I really hope this area will be better, the rhinos will get an old elephant yard as their paddock, and the two houses will be connected to form one big pachyderm spot!

That indeed sounds like something I will absolutely love and will make me want to crawl into my TV to let me live in Tharmachati.... And I need to get some good insect spray, to not get bitten by the "Oh my god, I'll never be that good, why even bother" bug :D Looking forward!

It's half past 4 am. Yes, I should get some sleep. Finished detailing The world of color (upper left of the zoo). You can tell by the screenshot how much I still have to do in the two other sections.

Now with guests in the zoo, I really need to change a lot of my plans and my map. The snow leopard and the red pandas could not handle all the visitors. They are currently moved to the trade center unitil I find the time to change and rebuild their habitat. Sooner or later I also need to changethe Japan Maquaque habitta. I hate the square look of it.

I reached 8000 guests today with 28 species and 171 animals in the zoo and my PC just shrugged :) Seems like Unity will easily handle whatever animals I want to add with the next two DLCs.

Did just small detailing and a bit animal management up until now for today. Dou you know this: You want to play Planet Zoo, but sometimes your current project feels overwhelming, because there is so much to do?

Yesterday I stayed home sick, so I finally had some time to play Planet Zoo again.
I finished the oldest construction site in my Zoo: the outside part of the entrance. I had it half done for MONTHS but could never find an idea of how to finish it.
I started moving around the basic staff buildings from first opening the Zoo and decided to place a restaurant in their location instead, because I wanted to work on something non-tropical. (I have so far built exclusively southern hemisphere stuff in this Zoo.) I added in a little Australian art exhibition in there since I hadn't used any of that DLC yet. And then this just started connecting to the unfinished entrance part and it finally all came together.

Yesterday I stayed home sick, so I finally had some time to play Planet Zoo again.
I finished the oldest construction site in my Zoo: the outside part of the entrance. I had it half done for MONTHS but could never find an idea of how to finish it.
I started moving around the basic staff buildings from first opening the Zoo and decided to place a restaurant in their location instead, because I wanted to work on something non-tropical. (I have so far built exclusively southern hemisphere stuff in this Zoo.) I added in a little Australian art exhibition in there since I hadn't used any of that DLC yet. And then this just started connecting to the unfinished entrance part and it finally all came together.

That really sounds like solving a long term problem. Congrats! You really got me curious on the Australian Art Exhibit and your Zoo in general.

Thanks! One reason why I have not made a thread about it yet (aside from being too lazy to take screenshots :p ) is that it is a common problem of mine, that I start something, lose interest or run out of ideas halfway through and start something else. So the majority of my Zoo is in this half-finished state. ^^ And I don't really like showing unfinished builds. But maybe I can start with showing the entrance now? :D

Thanks! One reason why I have not made a thread about it yet (aside from being too lazy to take screenshots :p ) is that it is a common problem of mine, that I start something, lose interest or run out of ideas halfway through and start something else. So the majority of my Zoo is in this half-finished state. ^^ And I don't really like showing unfinished builds. But maybe I can start with showing the entrance now? :D

A dozen YouTubers make a whole YouTube series and then abondon their zoos :D Don't worry about finishing, if you want to show something. I'd love to see the entrance.

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.10.20_-_20.05.58.02.png

More deleting 👀 The final bones have been broken, but for the better. The Samson House walls have been reduced from 21K to 12K pieces, which is a feat in its own hahaha! Now I'm locked out of the file by Mike because otherwise "I'll keep deleting stuff" :rolleyes:

Now I'm locked out of the file by Mike because otherwise "I'll keep deleting stuff" :rolleyes:

Tell Mike I love him ;)
I know sometimes deleting and redoing can be so freeing and is most of the time for the better. But boy, this girl here needs her Tharmachati-Fix. Deleting stuff won't make an episode :sneaky:

Top Bottom