What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Chuuuw, long weekend on planet zoo for me.

I'm not happy with the Tiger Temple. It looks so ... meh. I must think about it... (the empty space must be filled with plants)
20201220163121_1.jpg
20201220163214_1.jpg
20201220163241_1.jpg

With the frustration about the Tiger Temple, i began with the Tropical Area ... and holy this makes so fun! all the plants and the rocks and the water! i'm in love. Maybe, when i finished it ... i resume work on the temple.
20201220162930_1.jpg
20201220163033_1.jpg
20201220160150_1.jpg
20201220160419_1.jpg
20201220161348_1.jpg
(I know, i know ... there are no poles unter the path ... it's a magical path :D)

Now ... i think, i must connect all the Areas :unsure:
20201220162201_1.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not happy with the Tiger Temple. It looks so ... meh. I must think about it... (the empty space must be filled with plants)

With the frustration about the Tiger Temple, i began with the Tropical Area ... and holy this makes so fun! all the plants and the rocks and the water! i'm in love. Maybe, when i finished it ... i resume work on the temple.
(I know, i know ... there is no poles unter the path ... it's a magical path :D)

I love this Tapir Enclosure. Also that Picture of the Capuchin Monkey is great. Is there no Possibility for it to just jump on the Path?
I wish you Luck with connecting the Areas in a good looking Way

I kind of want to start a new zoo. 😅

I'm a bit annoyed actually because the floating platform I had in my penguin habitat all of a sudden hasn't got enough depth beneath it. It worked fine prior to 1.4.2. So now my penguins are down an enrichment item, because there's no way I'm going to try and replace the water in their habitat. On top of that, I'm not entirely happy with the way my African section is shaping up, and I've gotten slack with my buildings, too, which makes me want to start over.

I kind of want to start a new zoo. 😅

I'm a bit annoyed actually because the floating platform I had in my penguin habitat all of a sudden hasn't got enough depth beneath it. It worked fine prior to 1.4.2. So now my penguins are down an enrichment item, because there's no way I'm going to try and replace the water in their habitat. On top of that, I'm not entirely happy with the way my African section is shaping up, and I've gotten slack with my buildings, too, which makes me want to start over.

I have not even once seen this platform being used. As it seems, it needs a whole ocean to function.

I'm kind of confused what to do as well. I made some progress with the habitat design for the competition, but now I've become tired of decorating. My other zoo keeps lagging, so I can't really continue playing there either. And since I leave for the holidays tomorrow, I don't feel like starting anything new.

I have not even once seen this platform being used. As it seems, it needs a whole ocean to function.

I'm kind of confused what to do as well. I made some progress with the habitat design for the competition, but now I've become tired of decorating. My other zoo keeps lagging, so I can't really continue playing there either. And since I leave for the holidays tomorrow, I don't feel like starting anything new.

According to the platform itself, it was used 12 times before update 1.4.2 dropped and changed its depth requirement. I never witnessed it but I'll take its word for it. 😅

I can totally respect being burnt out. This is the most Planet Zoo I've played in months (even after the Australia Pack dropped I barely touched it). Of course, as is usual for me, once I start getting into it and I remember how everything works and how to make stuff look good, I predictably look at what I'm building and think, "Eh, I can do better". By that point though I'm too far gone to just refurbish the place.

According to the platform itself, it was used 12 times before update 1.4.2 dropped and changed its depth requirement. I never witnessed it but I'll take its word for it. 😅

I can totally respect being burnt out. This is the most Planet Zoo I've played in months (even after the Australia Pack dropped I barely touched it). Of course, as is usual for me, once I start getting into it and I remember how everything works and how to make stuff look good, I predictably look at what I'm building and think, "Eh, I can do better". By that point though I'm too far gone to just refurbish the place.

Well, I guess my animals have to live without that enrichment option for the time being :geek:

Yes, it happens to me with all games, it comes in waves. Last year at that time, I was so hyped that I even dragged my whole desktop PC to my parent's home and played for two weeks straight. I was thinking to do it again ("thanks" to Covid, there won't be any social events anyway), but now I believe it is better to give it a break and start afresh in January. Not being able to play will most likely fuel the motivation again! And I have really played a lot in the past three weeks and really enjoyed it. It was super stressful at work and it helped me to relax facing the current lockdown-ish situation. So the DLC came to the absolutely right time, I just kind of need to reload my creativity :cool:

And guess what, I've just returned to placing rocks around the aquatic habitat. A bit repetitive, but also relaxing!

Still trying to release enough Animals for the Community Challenge to get the highest Rank

You should enter as well now - you must . . .(y):unsure:😁🌊
Just had another Idea for the Competition that I would most likely find easier to build, so I'll try again to build something for the Competition. I just need to find some Pictures first because it isn't something I've came up with myself but a Recreation of something from a Show which I will most likely also modify a bit to fit better into the Game

The last two days I have been busy in the desert, but now I am also starting to hit a wall. Both because of lack of creative ideas and fear for doing something that ends up badly.

The concept of the park is inspired by The Living Desert in California, but it is in no way a try to do a recreation of it.
You will mainly find animals that live in or used to be found in deserts and semi-desert areas.
So sadly I don't have a lot of animals to go with. (Wouldn't mind a desert DLC the next time)

When it comes to animals, I so far only got a more or less done pronghorn enclosure (to the left) - The remaining plans for North America is jaguars (to educate about the jaguars in the Sonoran Desert), timber wolves (will try to see them as Mexican Grey Wolves (Canis lupus baileyi), if my head will allow it) and a bison enclosure which might also hold a bachelor group of pronghorns.

Besides from that the plans is an African area and perhaps a small Australian area.

The Dry Lands street NA.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS

Debating moving zoos again, tbh

27k negative, keeps going down and down and down

Unfortunately, I busted almost all my cc on a wolf before realizing she was 13 :/

Most likely gonna hang out in my african grasslands zoo until I have enough cc to start a new zoo

And guess what, I've just returned to placing rocks around the aquatic habitat. A bit repetitive, but also relaxing!

Yes! Putting down rocks can be repetitive, but very relaxing. I really love to put them down with "align to surface" on because then you can create these odd and beautiful shapes. It really makes for some interesting rock wall creations. :)

Debating moving zoos again, tbh

27k negative, keeps going down and down and down

Unfortunately, I busted almost all my cc on a wolf before realizing she was 13 :/

Most likely gonna hang out in my african grasslands zoo until I have enough cc to start a new zoo

If you are short on CC, may I suggest breeding Nile monitors? They are very easy to keep and if they have good or great stats they can have up to 8/9 babies. Once you breed gold-rated monitors you can release them for 100CC each. Last time I checked they are also pretty cheap on the market.

Hope this helps and good luck with your zoo. :)

Got a bit of a late start due to personal matters (adulting is hard!), and then ended early because I ran into the scheduled franchise server maintenance. In between, I mostly worked on my hippo waterfall. I've added pools above/behind it, but still need to work on rocks and foliage. Probably should have gone with something a bit smaller for y first time and scaled up, but I'm just going to keep working at it until it looks nice.

Off to watch some PZ on Youtube now....

(I know, i know ... there are no poles unter the path ... it's a magical path :D)

Looks really good overall. But yep I agree some more plants would do some good to the tiger temple, also on the walls.
The organic feel of the tapir habitat really caught my eye.

If you are short on CC, may I suggest breeding Nile monitors? They are very easy to keep and if they have good or great stats they can have up to 8/9 babies. Once you breed gold-rated monitors you can release them for 100CC each. Last time I checked they are also pretty cheap on the market.

Hope this helps and good luck with your zoo. :)

Thank you for the advoce! I’ll definitely try that once my other zoo’s turning an okay profit :)

My grasslands zoo’s at 32-ish right now, with peafowl, ostriches, warthogs, monitors, and snakes

Picked up a ton of albinos from trading as well!

Planning to quick trade babies from my grasslands zoo in my taiga zoo to get out of the red

Continued working on my Hippo Falls habitat. Tried to post a picture on the Steam screenshot page, but it came out red and blurry (not how I see it in game). May have to look into what that is, but tried it at the end of my session, so didn't have time to explore that today.

Realizing that most of my current zoos would probably look better if I had more empty nature spaces in between habitats, especially now that I'm (starting to) get better with rocks and foliage and terrain differences. My only concern is not knowing how far guests will go in franchise mode where I currently play. (I know that wouldn't need to be a consideration in sandbox). So I'll have to experiment with that a bit the next time I open a new zoo.

A relaxing day of mostly foliage for me today. Everyone seems happy with their new plants except my crocodiles, who say they have too much. (I did go a little crazy with their underwater plants). But nothing bad ever happened by making a crocodile angry, so I'm not too worried. :D

Also released nearly 4k in conservation credits worth of penguins. Still had 628 even after the release, but lots of those are babies so I am under the 500 adult limit. Since I imagine I'll have penguins in a lot of my future zoos, I'm letting them go wild for now, and will gradually transport some over to the new zoos instead of adopting new ones.

I have been working on my crocodilia area, pretty happy with the direction I went

Attachments

• 20201223205306_1.jpg
    20201223205306_1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20201223205318_1.jpg
    20201223205318_1.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 20201223205325_1.jpg
    20201223205325_1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 20201223205810_1.jpg
    20201223205810_1.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 20201223205832_1.jpg
    20201223205832_1.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 20201223205838_1.jpg
    20201223205838_1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 20201223205844_1.jpg
    20201223205844_1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20201223205859_1.jpg
    20201223205859_1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 20201223205905_1.jpg
    20201223205905_1.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 168
Had the day off work, so spent the day setting up a much needed overflow zoo for when my breeding programs breed faster than my trading center can handle. Not sure how successful I'll be at actually using it, since I tend to worry too much about "virtual animal welfare" to really make a go of it, but I'm glad I have the option at least for those crunch moments. Also started setting up a zoo for next week's community challenge. Only have the first few habitats in at the moment, but there's time before that starts and I have the rest of the weekend to play.

Top Bottom