What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

*yawns

last coulpe of days i worked on the "Steve Irwin House" for the reptiles. There is currently no roof on the building, I think I'll build that tomorrow.
The building houses ... ... 6 enclosures for the Galapagos turtles, caimans, crocodiles, Komodo dragons and two for Nile monitors (try to get a pair of albinos) ... 5 exihits for diamondback turtles, yellow anacondas, the two different lizards and boa constrictors.
Now, i'm very tired. Oh... and happy new year for you all *throws confetti

This Building and the Enclosures look absolutely great. I'm excited to see it when it has a Roof

This Building and the Enclosures look absolutely great. I'm excited to see it when it has a Roof
Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

Jesus!
The roof was a nightmare... a really bad and scary nightmare.
Everything started so well yesterday... i add a concrete piece here and a little bit glas there... zoom out and think: "Holy cow, this looks like a piece of s***... no no no, that don't work for me". After a break i look it again ... and delete the whole thing and do it again. (yeah, 2h for the trashcan! Love it ... not!)
The problem was the many different levels. The caiman enclosure is the highest point of the building. I bagan here with the green shrub piece from the aquatic pack and worked my way through the different areas.
I think it looks ok (a little too fancy for not wanting to make it fancy o_O), but i make my peace with it. Maybe! I work later on it again.

20210104175043_1.jpg
20210104175107_1.jpg

Next step is the Flamingo Habitat. But i think i need a break and restart fresh on sunday :)

Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

Jesus!
The roof was a nightmare... a really bad and scary nightmare.
Everything started so well yesterday... i add a concrete piece here and a little bit glas there... zoom out and think: "Holy cow, this looks like a piece of s***... no no no, that don't work for me". After a break i look it again ... and delete the whole thing and do it again. (yeah, 2h for the trashcan! Love it ... not!)
The problem was the many different levels. The caiman enclosure is the highest point of the building. I bagan here with the green shrub piece from the aquatic pack and worked my way through the different areas.
I think it looks ok (a little too fancy for not wanting to make it fancy o_O), but i make my peace with it. Maybe! I work later on it again.

Next step is the Flamingo Habitat. But i think i need a break and restart fresh on sunday :)
I think it looks good. I wish we would get the Plants that are included in some Objects also as normal Plants. It would be great to place a Chlorophytum comosum which seems to be one of the Plants in that Object you've used, in a Rainforest Enclosure or a Guest Area without needing to place the whole Object

I am making a new franchise Zoo. So far I am just earning cash enough to start building proper buildings etc. It will be themed around Central America.

Just before entering the African area in my zoo, I squeezed in some birds of prey ('rapaces') cages which are adjacent to the actual show area on top. I'm thinking of adding an animal talk stand but not sure if it will end up looking realistic.
Hope to finish the buffalo encosure tomorrow too.
20210105190405_1.jpg
20210105190436_1.jpg
20210105190448_1.jpg

I think it looks good. I wish we would get the Plants that are included in some Objects also as normal Plants. It would be great to place a Chlorophytum comosum which seems to be one of the Plants in that Object you've used, in a Rainforest Enclosure or a Guest Area without needing to place the whole Object
Thanks Urufu ☺
You are right! I think there are a lot of plants missing in the game. Personally for me tropical plants are enough for the moment. I like to see more shrubs, herbs and grass types.
The high grass tarrain brush for example, no high grass in the world looks like this! It's a thorn in my eye.
But there are many other things that I miss: mesh grid pieces or a log/plank barrier or a grid option for the barriers. (and many more 😁)
In Germany we would say "the game stucks in the children shoes". I will wait and see, what Frontier will add in the next years.

Just before entering the African area in my zoo, I squeezed in some birds of prey ('rapaces') cages which are adjacent to the actual show area on top. I'm thinking of adding an animal talk stand but not sure if it will end up looking realistic.
Hope to finish the buffalo encosure tomorrow too.
I like it!
but ... the poor birds in this little boxes 😢

I wasn't feeling very creative today, so I switched from franchise to sandbox and just spent some time downloading items off the workshop to look at. There's some great stuff on there!

There sure is. I have started to make alot of stuff from the ground myself.. But it is so time consuming. But it will be worth it.. But the workshop sure has some crazy stuff from some people, the detail some people put into their creations are... just amazing.

There sure is. I have started to make alot of stuff from the ground myself.. But it is so time consuming. But it will be worth it.. But the workshop sure has some crazy stuff from some people, the detail some people put into their creations are... just amazing.

Sometimes I use them to place directly in, and sometimes I basically take them apart to get ideas about how they're made. ... and sometimes I go in thinking I'll do the first, and end up doing the second!

Started a new "Deep Jungle" Zoo, in sandbox mode this time (my first sandbox zoo). The reason is that I want it to be really really lush and overgrown, and I think that both the costs of placing that many plants, and the complaints about too many plants for animal welfare, might make it difficult in franchise. I'm putting all staff buildings deep underground with only cave openings for the staff path to enter, and for guest paths themselves I'm using one of the natural paths that allows for terrain painting the paths with a combination of rock, dirt, and short and long grass. A bit unrealistic, but I really want an unkempt natural feel for it.

Even though I'm still working on my main zoo which I've shown here before, some days ago I started a new project in which I will try to recreate the Alhambra (Spain) or at least it will be heavily influenced by it. I'm still not sure whether I will even put a zoo there or if it'll be just building the palaces, gardens and surroundings.
So far I've only done the main pedestrian entrance from the city, it took me ages to make the small old mansion next to the arch.
20210109205657_1.jpg
20210109205756_1.jpg

Today I finished my Gorilla and Orangutan stabling with rehabilitation pen + Staff facilities.

Attachments

• 20210110221951_1.jpg
    20210110221951_1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210110221955_1.jpg
    20210110221955_1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210110222003_1.jpg
    20210110222003_1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210110222009_1.jpg
    20210110222009_1.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210110222020_1.jpg
    20210110222020_1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20210110222027_1.jpg
    20210110222027_1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210110222034_1.jpg
    20210110222034_1.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210110222043_1.jpg
    20210110222043_1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210110222057_1.jpg
    20210110222057_1.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210110222113_1.jpg
    20210110222113_1.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 119
I am currently working on 2 projects - one is a franchise zoo with a mix of classical European and more modern architecture. It's sort of like an old European city zoo with a mix of old/new habitats and buildings. Nothing too big or extravagant, the zoo is simple. The other one is a North American sandbox zoo with a modern look, but very bland. It's a newer zoo, but since they are just starting they don't have enough funds yet to build big. Everything is on the smaller side.

Finally got my Dwarf Caiman habitat finished!
I don´t know what my next project will be yet. For now I will play the game abit and enjoy, I need to put some animal´s on the market.. the Otter´s mass breed.

I'm thinking about finally getting back into the game again, today or tomorrow. Still don't feel an urge, but to be honest, I want to force it a bit t make progress and maybe finally get new ideas that bring the joy back I had with PZ. Not giving up on this hobby.

Top Bottom