What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Started a new franchise zoo, "Up In The Air Aviary", on the South American tropical map (which I haven't used before). The focus will be the birds for next week's community challenge, and I'll also be adding exhibits and birds from the workshop (which I've looked at but haven't actually played with before). Will probably end up adding other habitat animals along the way, to keep the guests happy and keep myself interested and moving through the whole zoo, but am going to try to keep the focus on the aviary theme.

Fixed a Problem with the Mandrill Indoor Enclosure and made the Part of the Hyena Outdoor Enclosure that is visible for the Guests way better looking. I've also remembered how to fix the Bug that caused my Caimans to escape. Maybe I'll plant more Trees later to make the Forest bigger and think about how the Polar Bear House could look better

Worked some more on my Up In The Air Aviary. Currently has flamingos, peafowl and cassowaries as the main attractions, with some "temporary" pens for bongos, tapirs, aardvarks and aldabera tortoises. The idea is for the non-birds to be moved further and further from the entrance as the zoo grows, and their old enclosures get transformed into bird cages for both the in-game birds and some workshop ones. I'm building it on the South American tropical mountain map, so have been playing around with how to use the outside of the mountains too. It will be interesting to see if I can make it work once I'm out of the main plateau.

Started a new franchise zoo, "Up In The Air Aviary", on the South American tropical map (which I haven't used before). The focus will be the birds for next week's community challenge, and I'll also be adding exhibits and birds from the workshop (which I've looked at but haven't actually played with before). Will probably end up adding other habitat animals along the way, to keep the guests happy and keep myself interested and moving through the whole zoo, but am going to try to keep the focus on the aviary theme.

I had a similar idea a while ago but never came through with it. Would love to see some pictures of your project! :)

so! I still owe you pictures from last week.

On sunday i add the Okapi Habitat. Nothing special ;)
20210122195845_1.jpg

And on monday i made the ostrich habitat behind the otter habitat. Again very simple ... but exactly that was the plan.
And i made some custom signs. one for the jags and one for ostrich Steve!

20210122200139_1.jpg
20210122200256_1.jpg

Last couple of days i played the scenarios, so nothing new on Fuhsetal Zoo.

Oh! And the nests are from the Workshop, i like how they look and i think i can't do them better.

I wish you all a really nice weekend :)

so! I still owe you pictures from last week.

On sunday i add the Okapi Habitat. Nothing special ;)

And on monday i made the ostrich habitat behind the otter habitat. Again very simple ... but exactly that was the plan.
And i made some custom signs. one for the jags and one for ostrich Steve!

Last couple of days i played the scenarios, so nothing new on Fuhsetal Zoo.

Oh! And the nests are from the Workshop, i like how they look and i think i can't do them better.

I wish you all a really nice weekend :)
The Text on the Sign is only correct until his white feathered Descendants rule over this Enclosure 😂

The Fence is a interesting Idea. The Shelter is also beautiful

Today in Planet Garden... I mostly focused on placing a lot of foliage. Getting better at placing plants just outside of the habitat, but in a way that looks like it's part of the habitat, so that I don't upset my animals with too many plants.

With help from Heather (thank you!) on when the community challenge started, I went through each of my franchise zoos looking for 3+ star birds. It turns out that I had a lot -- but could only release about 4 or 5 because the rest were all the original generations that I'd bought with cash, so couldn't release to the wild. So tomorrow I'll begin focusing on those second generation birds and aging them up to get their stars up.

Today was also the first time since the aquatic pack came out that I'd been back in my original flagship zoo, and I was pleasantly surprised that I still liked the look of it. There are definitely more things to work on and things I've learned since then, but I was worried that I might think the whole thing looked too basic and just desert it. Thankfully, I haven't progressed as far as I thought I had! LOL!

Got my first King Penguins today in my British Bird Park. I've also planned to get them in my Forest Zoo soon but I can't get the Roof of the Building perfect because one Piece does always move a little bit too much (I want the Building to have a Wave shaped Roof). I assume it will work if I change the Mouse Sensitivity in the Options🤔
They've done a absolutely great Job with those Birds. I love the 3D Model and the Animations. I'm so glad that they don't have such extreme Hitboxes as many other Animals in the Game. It was also Fun to design their Enclosure (just need to become better at designing Stuff with Rocks)

Since I got the game at the end of the summer, I have been playing in different zoos trying to learn as much as possible. I've had an idea for a big project for a while, but I was waiting to have more European and NA animals. However, I finally decided to start this project because I don't know if the animals I want will be added and also because in the future I might not have as much free time as I have now.

This a new zoo for the city of Alicante, a Spanish city with 330 000 inhabitants and located in the Mediterranean sea. The city doesn't have its own zoo because there are other important zoos in near cities. The location of the zoo is next to the city and very close to the sea, in a large area (20 ha) with very good access by road and tramway. The climate is very dry and hot most of the year, so the zoo will have many shadow areas for both visitors and animals.

20210127165440_1.jpg

The first animal we have is the Giant Galapagos Tortoise, housed in a traditional courtyard:

20210127165455_1.jpg

20210127165521_1.jpg

I'll try to keep adding more details as the zoo gets bigger.

Last edited:
Worked in my franchise zoo "Up in the Air Aviary", for this week's community challenge. Played a lot with foliage, terrain and pathing ideas, and built my first ever indoor dome for the penguins. I've only managed to release 24 three-star birds so far, but I have several that I'm waiting until the end of the week, since they have good stats and I'm hoping they'll pass them on before I need to release them for the challenge.

Designed a few small Tanks, created a tropical Pond in the Middle of the Room with the Tanks and found someone in the Workshop who makes absolutely awesome Stuff (even a absolutely great looking Octopus 😍🐙). Now I'm taking a little Break and after that I'll continue with the new Arctic Project (185 King Penguins are living there already)

I opened a new zoo. 9 month + of Unity were great and I will still work on that eventually, but I needed a change. My goal is to open a zoo in every biome on every continent and only have native animals there. All zoos will be part of the Jackson Foundation - still need to come up with a backstory for that Jackson guy :D
First zoo in the series is in the african grassland and is called Tumaini Shelter.

Top Bottom