What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I did something stupid today. I bought an expensive African elephant with good stats for about 5000 cc (there were no cheaper ones anyway) just to immediately realise she was 85.5 years old. She died une minute after sending her to the habitat 😭. I knew elephants live long, but not that long 😱.

20210212180522_1.jpg

I've researched Plants to make a Borneo Filter. Later I'll make some big Changes to the Breeding Center on Borneo (of course I'll also remove Plants that don't fit into the Environment). I think I will try if it works better if I stop to keep the Orangutans in big Groups and build more smaller Enclosures with 1 male and 1-2 females

I build a giraffe habitat in unity. Was a pretty spontanous idea. Saw a space a dead space I could easily use and just went for it. Put my newer project on hold for a while again. I can't build in a hot grassland biome when there is snow outside where I live :D

I haven't played PZ in like 3 weeks. :confused: I want to play, but I feel so uninspired and a little burnt out with the game. I'll see a video or a screenshot and I'll get all hyped and inspired for a quick second and then I'm like "nah".

I kind of want to build a habitat for the caimans, but then again, don't want to start a whole new franchise just because of one habitat. And I see no point building just one habitat if you're not going to build a zoo. Not really a fan of one-time builds.

I don't know. Does that even make sense? Eh.

I do love to come to this thread and see all the screenshots.

I did something stupid today. I bought an expensive African elephant with good stats for about 5000 cc (there were no cheaper ones anyway) just to immediately realise she was 85.5 years old. She died une minute after sending her to the habitat 😭. I knew elephants live long, but not that long 😱.

Happened to a lot of us. :D Judging from your total amount of CC, that was a very expensive one.

Decided that I'll build a completely new Orangutan Breeding Center. There's just too much to change in the current one and most of my Orangutans are already in the Trade Center anyways. It'll be so great now that I've researched which Plants in the Game are actually growing on Borneo and also found out that the Bamboo Pieces in the Building Menu are now climbable (I'm pretty sure they weren't always climbable). If we would also finally get a Fix for Orangutans and Gorillas being unable to use the Ropes and also get some additional bornean Animals, it would be perfect

I built a nice yard and barn today for a group of llamas. The front of the exhibit that faces the public is a ditch lined with rocks (and the null barrier). Moved the llamas in and checked the habitat map to make sure there were no escape points. Everything looked good. And then the llamas had their first offspring. So cute! I watched the young llama running around the yard. Then it ran right up to the ditch and leaped right over! Checked the habitat map for the young llama and there were a number of escape points along the ditch. Not for the adults, just for the young one. I would not have expected the offspring to have a better leaping ability than the adults!

And for a tropical water loving animal like the tapir, you would think they would tolerate the rain. But every time it rains they head right into the shelter I made for them. Every time!

I built a nice yard and barn today for a group of llamas. The front of the exhibit that faces the public is a ditch lined with rocks (and the null barrier). Moved the llamas in and checked the habitat map to make sure there were no escape points. Everything looked good. And then the llamas had their first offspring. So cute! I watched the young llama running around the yard. Then it ran right up to the ditch and leaped right over! Checked the habitat map for the young llama and there were a number of escape points along the ditch. Not for the adults, just for the young one. I would not have expected the offspring to have a better leaping ability than the adults!

And for a tropical water loving animal like the tapir, you would think they would tolerate the rain. But every time it rains they head right into the shelter I made for them. Every time!
Would like to see a few Screenshots of that Llama Enclosure. The Escape Problem does also exist for Bongos

Got up to 240 on the pangolin community challenge. Admittedly allowed some other things to go haywire to speed up time near the end, so tomorrow I'll be on clean up duty!

Had a bit of a nightmare this weekend with the paths in the Alhambra project. I managed to do some progress at the other side of the entrance-tower. I have to say that, other than the paths, the building tools and possibilities in this game are amazing.
20210213112522_1.jpg

Meanwhile I am also continuing with my smaller side project. Finished a buffalo enclosure with an old barn as shelter.
20210105190600_1.jpg

Last edited:
Got my pangolins and penguins sorted out -- I'd let them run amok from the last two community challenges, so it took some time to figure out which ones to keep and which ones to trade, release, or swap into another zoo in my franchise. After that, I spent quite a bit of time digital gardening, which can be quite relaxing.
Steam tells me that I've now surpassed 1500 hours in game, so I may need an intervention once this quarantine is over!

I've used the backside of the rocks in my seal habitat to make a habitat for Alpine ibex (Dall sheep to the rescue!). The underwater viewing area is below the rocks. Maybe I should move them to other habitat with more elevation differences, but then I don't know what animal could fit in this habitat.

20210217230440_1.jpg

I've used the backside of the rocks in my seal habitat to make a habitat for Alpine ibex (Dall sheep to the rescue!). The underwater viewing area is below the rocks. Maybe I should move them to other habitat with more elevation differences, but then I don't know what animal could fit in this habitat.

View attachment 208982
Looks good even though it looks a bit flat in most Places for a Ibex Enclosure. It's great that you've also built one because I think if many People build Ibex Enclosures it might be more likely to get them in the Game someday 🐐

Top Bottom