What dinosaurs did you save in Claire's Sanctuary DLC?

Just curious about which dinosaurs everyone saved in the DLC, sense you can only rescue 8, when there's over 60 on the island. :( But, because Claire advised to rescue different species, I ended up getting one of each species, those being;

Brachiosaurus (I am NOT leaving you behind again)
Apatosaurus
Albertosaurus (Because I thought rescue some carnivores while I was at it)
Carnotaurus
Galliminus
Parasaurolophus (my favorite hadrosaur)
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops

I let the Gallimimus die - and their Struthiomimus brethren as well. (I think there were Struthiomimus... Either way, they're dead).

After going for that achievement where you had to manually cure them, I was DONE with those species.

I still don't feel guilty.

Last edited:
Saved Brachiosaurus, Albertosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Sinoceratops, Stegosaurus, Gallimimus, Ankylosaurus and Parasaurolophus

Baryonyx, Albertosaurus, Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, and 2 Struthiomimus. I meant to save 1 Struthy and 1 Gallimimus, but I goofed and accidentally chose a second Struthy.

I saved Brachiosaurus (obviously), Albertosaurus, Baryonyx, Gallimimus for the first batch. After that I saved Parasaurolophus (my favourite dinosaur), Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Stegosaurus. While having more species makes the second island more fun, it also kinda makes it harder.

I saved my money after reading the reviews of the DLC on Steam...
That's people whining for the most part. It's not the greatest DLC ever, sure. But I think it's worth it mainly due to the extra stuff it adds to play with. The truck tour, new dinosaurs and maps are all pretty great. The palaeobotany is also a pretty fun extra management mechanic.
Honestly, if you're still on the fence. Perhaps wait for a discount and then I think it will definitely be worth it.

I went with;

1. two Brachisaurus,
  2. two Sinoceratops,
  3. two Ankylosaurus,
  4. one Triceratops and
  5. one Albertosaurus.
I wondered if it was possible to get one of each eight chosen dinosaurs but that seemed a tough challenge.
Especially when counting for social and population limits. :')

I have not yet played through that part of the campaign, only up to where you have to get four dinosaurs into an enclosure. (Though I do plan to do some more this weekend.)

I already know how Isla Nublar North goes after watching some videos, so I do kinda know what happens when you rescue certain species. So, what I plan to choose are:

1. Gallimimus (only because it's more recognizable in the Jurassic Park series than struthiomimus, and I like its sounds in the films)
2. Parasaurolophus (I want a devise of species that carnivores can easily take on in my roster, so a medium herbivore was a better choice than an armored herbivore. Plus, it's probably more iconic of the hadrosaurs in the world than corythosaurus because of the name, head, and sounds)
3. Triceratops (only because it's a more iconic dinosaur to the world than sinoceratops. The other is one of my newest favorite dinosaurs since Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom because it's so unique from the more recognizable dinosaurs in the film. But, I wanted a more iconic dinosaur for my rescued species roster choice.)
4. Stegosaurus (same as the triceratops, to fill in a more iconic roster of rescued dinosaurs to have a second chance)
5. Brachiosaurus (not only is it a very iconic worldwide dinosaur by name and shape, it has some of my favorite sounds in the entire Jurassic Park series. And due to it sounding off in the Claire's Sanctuary trailer, I thought, "Why not?")
6. Stygimoloch (it became one of my most favorite dinosaurs since Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, plus I love its sounds)
7. Albertosaurus (it is a new exclusive dinosaur you can unlock via playing Claire's Sanctuary. So why not give it a second chance where you can have it forever on Sanctuary?)
8. Carnotaurus (only because it's my top most favorite dinosaur in the world, mostly due to the many media portrayals I've seen where their characteristics are extremely diverse from each other)

Last edited:
On first attempt i saved a Baryonix, Stego, Stygimoloch, Sinoceratops, Galli, Struthi and two others, each species one. And it failed near the end caus the baryonix always died of old age when i had to build the Jurassic Tour.
So the next try i saved 5 Sinoceratops and 3 Triceratops, i was faster caus i didnt have to breed so many dinos in order to have big enough herds, and i succeded, though i had money problems in the beginnig, when i had only the Sinoceratops, but i breeded a T-Rex and then i had enough income. At the end only one Sinoceratops survived, with a estimated Age of 80 and a real age of 96, all others died of old age, so it was close, but i made it, since i guess if the last sinoceratops would have died too, the whole mission would fail again.

Last edited:
Quick (and probably stupid) question for anyone who knows; You still unlock the Albertosaurus in your main Campaign if you don't rescue it from Nublar North right? I'd personally much rather rescue Baryonyx and Carnotaurus since they were actually in Fallen Kingdom and they won't be royal pains during storms. Assuming you don't have to rescue Albertosaurus, I plan on rescuing Baryonyx, Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus, Gallimimus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and either Stegosaurus or Stygimoloch. I can't decide between the two of them though... :unsure:

Quick (and probably stupid) question for anyone who knows; You still unlock the Albertosaurus in your main Campaign if you don't rescue it from Nublar North right? I'd personally much rather rescue Baryonyx and Carnotaurus since they were actually in Fallen Kingdom and they won't be royal pains during storms. Assuming you don't have to rescue Albertosaurus, I plan on rescuing Baryonyx, Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus, Gallimimus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and either Stegosaurus or Stygimoloch. I can't decide between the two of them though... :unsure:
Yes, i got Albertosaurus in my main campaign, although i did't rescue it in Claires Sanctuary.

I saved:

Brachiosaurus (I am NOT leaving you behind)
Apatosaurus (5 *)
Albertosaurus (New teeth)
Carnotaurus (fallen Kingdom)
Bary (Fallen Kingdom)
Stgymoloch (fallen Kingdom)
Sino (fallen Kingdom)
Stego (go with Kentro on sanctuary) but if swapped out I would go with Ankylosaur.

Brachiosaurus
Gallimimus
Parasaurolophus
Apatosaurus
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Albertosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Usually I would save an ankylosaurus as I love the armored dinosaurs, but since the euoplocephalus is part of the DLC I went with the stegosaurus instead.

3 Brachiosaurus 2 Sinoceratops 1 carnotaurus 1Albertosaurus 1 Baryonyx

In all respect I say this that your selection is a waste if you want to maximize the amount of species you get on island, go for 8 different because once you get 50% of genome of selected Dinos like sino create enough companions to appease them. Sanctuary was pretty easy to beat once on island. Had brachi, Bary, Carno, & Albert as my first 4 delivered. Then dig for sino right away to get companion as well as stygy. Stegosaurus was hardest to get companions so had to tranq for awhile.

Dinos saved: Brachi, Carno, Albert, Bary, Sino, Stygy, Stegosaurus, & Apatosaurus

I saved my money after reading the reviews of the DLC on Steam...

If I had to pick one, and only one dlc for this game the claire dearing dlc is easily my top pick simply for the jurassic tour. Besides that the maps are actually really nice and it easily has the best "story" mission in the game. Having to pick and choose what dinos you are going to rescue really makes you appreciate what you end up with.

Top Bottom