What do you want to create for PlanCo in Blender?

Hi all.
I am very interesting about your Stuff that you want to create with the toolkit.

By myself I created a few models of characters, full animated and all around 2100 faces.
Shurly wild west styled.
Also there will created by myself some animated crashing and splitting Rocks.

And then we will see what is the next.
I Show you a little Video later.

Yeah , it looks like your western women in RCT3 .......It's a good start !....And i'm very found of western themes and stuffs ........[up][up]

Yes. I want to see a Western Band in the Game. Ans when it works I try to do a complete Orchestra Theme.
Also in planning is cracking Rocks for darkrides. Nur by now... step by step.

Yes. I want to see a Western Band in the Game. Ans when it works I try to do a complete Orchestra Theme.
Also in planning is cracking Rocks for darkrides. Nur by now... step by step.

I like the idea of a western band, but the lady looks not like a Planco Character. The boots are also more Superhero as Country. It's just my very personal opinion. But maybe you'll see it as positive suggestions.

I know what you mean. This Time the main model is a little bit higher than 2100 faces. And the texture is 128x128 with a second 128x128px alphatexture like in RCT3. I waiting about the Limits for Content and rework my models for it. Than will be some adds at the model intersected.
I try to make human models like the PlanCo style, I mean a main modeltype which could be styled and retextured and giv e them all an other Animation.
But all this are no promises, because I have not much Time for creating as in RCT3 times.

If you are doing western how about a recolorable horse? eh?

My blender skills aren't great so I am just going to be making some small detail pieces at first like a place setting sized to fit on the big table. Some mugs and goblets. Bottles for bars and my alchemist shops. Stuff like that. Unless someone beats me too it and that would be fine by me actually.

If you are doing western how about a recolorable horse? eh?

I'm working on a cow:

6Ak6Uce.jpg

Not sure what to do about the eyes -- between guest eyes, the shark eye, and the croc eyes, I'd say the croc eyes are the best to emulate for this. I'd love a good look at the topology!

Last edited:
Very nice.
Why don't you intersect the eyes in the model by modeling the head. So you need just a few faces more. If it should be animated you can do it with deform Mesh.

Animals are very difficult to create. For PlanCo more than for RCT3.
I don't know if I create a Horse.

Cows are cool but goats are the best.

and chickens

Once I get the cow done (or as done as feasable if we don't have more data by then) I'll work on a goat and maybe some chickens and a horse -- I'll also make my blend files for these available in case somebody wants to use some for their own models, no sense reinventing the wheel.

When I think of the objects you first showed us (half spheres), you've made really great progress in Blender.

Thanks, but that wasn't because that's the best I can do in Blender -- close, but no. That (IMHO) best demonstrated the question I was asking, so that's what I made to do it.

For this I'm working from the parts I need of an old tutorial series CGCookie recently put up on YouTube on how to make a stylized dragon that looked kinda PlanCo-ish. It has some issues (his topology has 6-poles between the horns and ears, I got it down to 5 by putting the ears a row lower). But when I started it to make a dragon there was a spot where he said the dragon head looked more like a cow's head -- you can imagine the lightbulb turning on above my head. [shocked]

Very nice.
Why don't you intersect the eyes in the model by modeling the head. So you need just a few faces more . . .

Thanks -- that's what he did in the tutorial, but I doubt PlanCo supports it. Looking at how PlanCo handles eyes (guests/staff, sharks, crocs) it's hard to figure out what to do here.

. . . If it should be animated you can do it with deform Mesh.

Animals are very difficult to create. For PlanCo more than for RCT3.
I don't know if I create a Horse.

This tutorial might help, it's kind-of in PlanCo's style, but I can't say it's suitable for a beginner -- he doesn't use Screencast Keys and he does a lot of stuff with only a cursory explanation on how. And we've been told we'll be able to import animation with the TToolkit, but not what's required -- probably rigging, but we don't know what PlanCo will accept yet.

Last edited:
That is what I am Thinking.
We can create "maintypes" of models, but if it all be possible to animate with Bones, armatures or empties couldn't say now.
My knowledge of animations in Blender is ok (I think)
The first Exports with the fbx Bundle was ok.

The most eyes in PlanCo seems to be easy meshes which got a own animation. Not deform Mesh.

A Option for your eyes could be a own mesh which rotate like a little flat ball .
But I think, the head and legs are important to animate. Because you see the eyes only if sou look it from a distance of 5-10 meters.

Nice work, KickAir8p! [happy]
Very nice indeed. Can't wait for the finished version, keep up the good work![up]

Thanks! Got some more done on it -- this includes one of the reference images I'm using:

CFaBUIs.jpg

. . . I think, the head and legs are important to animate. Because you see the eyes only if sou look it from a distance of 5-10 meters.

Yep, that's why I'm reasonably confident leaving the eyes till last -- they might even be texture/normalmap only. I'm decent (if slow) at modeling, pretty good at UV unwrapping & texture, but bad (so far) at rigging & animation.

What I want this for is mainly a static grazing cow, head down in the grass. If feasable I'd like an animated version that looks up/around once in a while, maybe flicks its tail. I'm hoping this pose is neutral enough to rig effectively, but I'm a bit worried about the neck -- and this all depends on how PlanCo handles animatronics, not to mention if it'll accept animated imports from Blender.

Thanks! Got some more done on it -- this includes one of the reference images I'm using:

https://i.imgur.com/CFaBUIs.jpg

Yep, that's why I'm reasonably confident leaving the eyes till last -- they might even be texture/normalmap only. I'm decent (if slow) at modeling, pretty good at UV unwrapping & texture, but bad (so far) at rigging & animation.

What I want this for is mainly a static grazing cow, head down in the grass. If feasable I'd like an animated version that looks up/around once in a while, maybe flicks its tail. I'm hoping this pose is neutral enough to rig effectively, but I'm a bit worried about the neck -- and this all depends on how PlanCo handles animatronics, not to mention if it'll accept animated imports from Blender.

Great work still!!! [up][up]

If you need help for animate with deform meshes, Maybe I can help.
The neck and head aren't difficult to animate with deform meshes.

Actually I try to upscale my Character-main-model-types to intersect knees and elbows for more realistic Animation.

Got legs & tail:

jacuhh3.jpg

QV7Rmev.jpg

If you need help for animate with deform meshes, Maybe I can help.
The neck and head aren't difficult to animate with deform meshes.

Actually I try to upscale my Character-main-model-types to intersect knees and elbows for more realistic Animation.

Thanks, I might take you up on that later.

Top Bottom