What does AEGIS mean? what is its acronym / backronym?

I was doing some research into this today and could not find any answers so I asked for help from Cannon and I feel that there is no official acronym for aegis.

So please add your own suggestions below and if we get loads, I will put it to a vote unless frontier can confirm what the official acronym for aegis is.

I have added the backronym is the discription as it opens up the idea's

Some already suggested are as follows:- A.E.G.I.S

amalgamation of extraterrestrial galactic incident situations
Alliance Engineering and General Information Systems
Alliance Ends Generally In Suffering
Anti-xeno enigmatic growth and intelligence system
Aperto Economia Gente Infrastruttura Societa
Alien Exploding Guns. In Space
Alien Extermination Getting Incredibly Spicy
Another Entirely Genocidal Insectoid Solution
An Excuse to Go Insect Sniping
Alter Ego Genocide In Space
All Earthlings Get Insect Spray
Alien Expectations Got Inflated Spectacularly
Alien Extermination Gits Intergalactic Service
An Exceptional Grind Is Suspected
Alien Entity Galactic Interdiction Squad
All Elite Guys In Solo
Aisling Expects Getting It Sorted

Up to post 28

Last edited:
possibly, but I am looking for the acronym.

You may need to make one up. "Aegis" is a metaphorical shield, protecting humanity from the Thargoid attack. A few other Aegis-related events and locations use Greek names; I suspect this is a consequence of allowing very clever university graduates to build a space game.

You may need to make one up. "Aegis" is a metaphorical shield, protecting humanity from the Thargoid attack. A few other Aegis-related events and locations use Greek names; I suspect this is a consequence of allowing very clever university graduates to build a space game.

that is a strong possibility, but I am hoping the community comes up with some great ones to vote on or fdev can confirm if there is an official one to use.

I was doing some research into this today and could not find any answers so I asked for help from Cannon and I feel that there is no official acronym for aegis.

Hmmmm - Why would you need to take a perfectly obvious name for an organisation and decide to turn it into an acronym for something? Aegis was a shield (sort of) in Greek mythology therefore it is surely a suitable name for an organisation that professes to be a shield against the alien threat.

Do you also make up things to form Ford, Chrysler, Hyundai or Subaru into acronyms?

Top Bottom