What Early Bird Version do I need to buy?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I would like access to the private forum the coaster club in the forums I think it's called but also would like to pre-order the game too? Is there a package I can buy that includes both?

Yes I'm new :) sorry if this is in the wrong spot!

There's no package for both, unfortunately [downcast]

You have to buy the Coaster Head and Early Bird separately.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
It depends on your budget and whether or not you want to play the Alpha in March or wait until Q4 2016 for the main game release.

There are 2 versions of the Coaster Head in store:

EwMezlt.png

The cheapest option doesn't come with a pre-order, the more expensive option does but the pre-order won't ship to Q4 2016.

If you're thinking of buying in to the Alpha which starts in March 2016 then you should go with the cheaper of the two and add on the Early Bird Pass:

Bkwmepg.png

Personally I went for the standalone Coaster Head Club option and I'll be getting the Early Bird Pass a little closer to it's intended release in March 2016.

Last edited:
That was my thought at first too, but then I saw how awesome the development team was and decided to buy both the CHC and Alpha. I think all my money is well spent on this team, they deserve it.

I'm with you. But I don't have the early bird pass. I just waiting. I think about to refund my RCTW pre order and buy this one here. But there's a little bit hope for RCTW even if they don't have that potential like planet coaster has

It depends on your budget and whether or not you want to play the Alpha in March or wait until Q4 2016 for the main game release.

There are 2 versions of the Coaster Head in store:

http://i.imgur.com/EwMezlt.png

The cheapest option doesn't come with a pre-order, the more expensive option does but the pre-order won't ship to Q4 2016.

If you're thinking of buying in to the Alpha which starts in March 2016 then you should go with the cheaper of the two and add on the Early Bird Pass:

http://i.imgur.com/Bkwmepg.png

Personally I went for the standalone Coaster Head Club option and I'll be getting the Early Bird Pass a little closer to it's intended release in March 2016.

I think im going to do this too.
I would love if they made a pack of both with a cheaper option.

That was my thought at first too, but then I saw how awesome the development team was and decided to buy both the CHC and Alpha. I think all my money is well spent on this team, they deserve it.
Oh believe me !!! I 'd love to have access to the Club Head Coaster. I just cant spend 102,99 € [sad]

So if you pay for the early access stuff, and get access to the alpha, does that mean you can also get into the beta if there is one? Or will the beta be more open?

So if you pay for the early access stuff, and get access to the alpha, does that mean you can also get into the beta if there is one? Or will the beta be more open?

The Early Bird was originally only access to the beta but it was upgraded to alpha, so I think we will get into the beta too. It gives you access to the final game also.

Personally i think its a bit weird to have the private club thing all seperate. Would make a lot more sense if those were included in the early bird and Coaster Head edition.

Adding to this as well, for its hefty price its a bit ridiculous that the Coaster Head gets no alpha/beta access.

Last edited:
Personally i think its a bit weird to have the private club thing all seperate. Would make a lot more sense if those were included in the early bird and Coaster Head edition.

Adding to this as well, for its hefty price its a bit ridiculous that the Coaster Head gets no alpha/beta access.

+2000

I really want both, but is super expensive right now. If the coaster head club (the one with the preordered) also got the alpha, I would have ordered months ago without a doubt.

I kinda like having the private club separate. I know everyone wants to join it but I'm sure they may make some kinda pack later on down the road, but I like it being separate.

It took me a long time, but finally made a decission yesterday. I bought standard PC version months ago, but i am now gonna save and put money aside for the early access (hopefully i can upgrade my standard version). Still have time to save.
I wanted to get Coaster club, but didn't do it. I always had a thing that a t-shirt and such i bought online just didn't fit well. Only part i am interested in is the inside news and forum VIP access, but i am also happy with all the updates for the "regular" people :p

Btw, i bought the expansion Horizons for Elite Dangerous so in a way i am still supporting Frontier a little bit, but when PC is released i already know my ships will stay in the hangars for a lot of time.

Last edited:
I kinda like having the private club separate. I know everyone wants to join it but I'm sure they may make some kinda pack later on down the road, but I like it being separate.

In case you were referring to my post, i am okay with the separation of those two but i am more disgruntled about that the Coaster Head edition has no Alpha/Beta access. This probably the first game i know that offers a LE/SE of a game that does not include alpha/beta access and sells it loosely.
Alpha/Beta is meant for us users to test the software before its released, limiting that behind a big paywall is a bit counter-productive unless the developers forgot the meaning of alpha/beta and think it purely means that people can play the game early and need to handle it as complete game.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Most of the £25 cost of the Coaster Head Club is covering the cost of the physical merchandise so I don't agree that it should grant access to the Alpha/Beta stages.

I was however of the belief that it would have been cool if the Early Bird version offered access to the secret forum section without including any of the merchandise. It was in fact one of my first posts on this very forum.

It's definitely prohibitively expensive to be considering both options, I eventually caved and bought into the Coaster Head Club even though I really don't care about the merchandise. I merely wanted forum access.

Frontier are definitely missing a trick by not offering access to that forum for perhaps £5-£10 without any merchandise included. It's a zero cost item and people will feel a little more comfortable with an upgrade if they're primarily considering splashing out £50 on the Early Bird package.

Last edited:
Most of the £25 cost of the Coaster Head Club is covering the cost of the physical merchandise so I don't agree that it should grant access to the Alpha/Beta stages.

I was however of the belief that it would have been cool if the Early Bird version offered access to the secret forum section without including any of the merchandise. It was in fact one of my first posts on this very forum.

It's definitely prohibitively expensive to be considering both options, I eventually caved and bought into the Coaster Head Club even though I really don't care about the merchandise. I merely wanted forum access.

Frontier are definitely missing a trick by not offering access to that forum for perhaps £5-£10 without any merchandise included. It's a zero cost item and people will feel a little more comfortable with an upgrade if they're primarily considering splashing out £50 on the Early Bird package.
This is why i agree with that Coaster Head need alpha/beta access !

I dont care about the merchandise.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom