What enrichment items would you love to see added?

I'll just link my Post from the other Thread here🙃

Necroing this thread because I would really like a water slide for our otters and penguins! 🦦🐧

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po6pap6E0Ok
I would absolutely love to have this in the Game

One enrichment item I would like to see added, because it has the potential to be used by so many different species, is a simple rotting log. It could even serve as either food enrichment or toy enrichment, depending on which animal is using it:

Giant anteaters, aardvarks, Chinese pangolins, meerkats, mandrills and most of the bears (excluding the polar bear and giant panda) could use it as food enrichment, breaking into the log to extract small insects hiding inside it.

The cats could use it as toy enrichment, scratching on the bark to sharpen their claws.

One enrichment item I would like to see added, because it has the potential to be used by so many different species, is a simple rotting log. It could even serve as either food enrichment or toy enrichment, depending on which animal is using it:

Giant anteaters, aardvarks, Chinese pangolins, meerkats, mandrills and most of the bears (excluding the polar bear and giant panda) could use it as food enrichment, breaking into the log to extract small insects hiding inside it.

The cats could use it as toy enrichment, scratching on the bark to sharpen their claws.
I think Elephants might also be able to use it

hi i play again because game no more crash :) and bought new animals so have some new ideas for enrichment:

digging box for foxes and meerkats
7059c29e751ed1fbbfacd20aaae1de40.jpg

pile of leaves where aniamls can jump and play:
natural-enrichment.jpg

what do you think?

Pile of leaves would be super fun and cute! Also very common in zoos. And tbh I was kind of suprised there was no enrichment for digging animals adeed. So the box with sand would be awesome, could also be used by aardvarks. Keepers tend to burry food or incect there so the animals have to dig to get their food.

I would also like some kind of a "scratching rock" as a natural alternative to the rubbing pad. We got the scratching trees as an alternative to the rubbing pillar, so it would be great to have a rock for smaller animals too.

Frontier has done an amazing job with Planet Zoo overall, and I would only like to make some suggestions in reference to enrichment. The current lineup of enrichment items/stations is way above anything ever provided by zoo simulation games. In terms of animal interaction, realism and aesthetics, it is a large improvement from the fictional items provided by past games. However there is significant room for improvement and additional content that has currently being unexplored. After decades planning and designing real life zoo exhibits the world over, I would love to make specific recommendations to Frontier, that could assist in adding realism, as well as improved gameplay to this beloved game. I will provide a list of popular enrichment items/stations found in zoos across the world. The biggest takeaway from what I currently see provided as enrichment in the game, is that is a bit out of scale (food bowls, trays etc) and not very natural or nature oriented for the most part. Having enrichment stations that blend effortless with nature and are paired with natural animal behaviors would be highly beneficial for the look and core message of the game.

Lion (A heated rock kopje that lions would interact with, this station can be placed adjacent to public viewing areas giving visitors and up close look. It is a perfect enrichment item for outdoor temperate zoos that want to keep their big cats comfortable. The lions would interact with this item by climbing it, and laying over it in different natural positions, the animations could include lions laying sideways, with their paws hanging, etc) (A Safari Jeep similar to the current one found in the African building section that the lions would interact with, climb over the hood, roar while doing so, etc)

Hoof stock particularly African Species (This is an area were the game would benefit tremendously by adding natural looking stations and feeders. Artificial fallen logs and branches that act as feeders and can blend with naturalistic environments. A wide variety of designs and textures would be ideal. The interaction of animals with these stations would not have to be very complex, but it would definitely see the animals spending a significant amount of time around it, since that is the case in real life. This would be another great item to attract animals to specific viewing areas.

Giraffe (A feeding genetic and basic feeding station that focuses on the animations of the giraffe while interacting with visitors and staff would be ideal. The station could have two gameplay options, and players would chose either visitor interaction, or a staff feeding demonstration. Its simplistic design and concept would allow for the modular and creative element of the game to kick in as player would have very different ideas of what the station should look like for their parks. )

Cheetahs (This has been mentioned many times in the forum but a Cheetah running station would be amazing, not sure if this would work well as an enrichment item or a standalone station that operates on looping animations. Maybe it would be a great place to introduce a King Cheetah if only for this purpose)

Elephants (The possibilities here are many, but I will narrow it down. The current mud station in the game seems to be one of the most popular enrichment items, as everyone likes to see the animals getting ditty every now and then. The biggest handicap here is that the interaction animations are somewhat limited. Would love a much bigger version of this, a little different in design, that can be used for the Elephants in game. A mud pool that actually interacts with the Elephants, allowing them to go in it, dispense mud around, lay on it and even roll in natural ways as it is often seen in zoos. There are literally hundreds of possibilities with this station, they can step on the mud, play with it. This would be a great opportunity to introduce a feature where keepers use a water hose on the Elephants and clean them after their bath. ) (A log that Asian Elephants can pick up with their trunks would be a great interactive animation, and this enrichment log could ideally be even used in water)

Primates (This is the group of animals that inspired me to create this thread, in particular but not exclusively apes, since they are highly intelligent. The game currently lacks any meaningful and natural occurring interaction for some of this species. I would start with the Orangutan, since it is in many ways the weakest link in Frontier's roster. My believe is that the reason why Orangutans do not behave like their real life counter parts, is because AI animations would have been too taxing on the system and Frontier went the easier direction and just adjusted what they had at the time for the Gorilla. A enrichment interactive station specifically designed for Orangutans would solve for the most part this issue, or at the very least add some credibility to this animal. A station that comprises a climbing platform where the Orangutans interact with it in natural ways by using brachiating behavior. They are the only great ape species that uses this behavior and it is not only an iconic feature to be currently missing from the game, but part of their behavior. The enrichment station could have ropes that they would actually grab. A climbing station that they can swing from and through. ) (Orangutans could get a rope bridge enrichment, where they could either cross it standing on the lower ropes and holding on to the upper ropes, or use their brachiating animation to just swing their way through it. Multiple interactive animations would be great for this station) (A hanging tire or net where Orangutans could climb and interact with it in a playful way, this would also be an ideal place for them to spend some time, rest or simply be inactive. ) (A blanket is one of the most popular and simplistic enrichment items used with Great Apes, not only Orangutans benefit here, but Gorillas, Chimps and Bonobos as well. It is highly surprising that we do not have something like this in the game yet)

ora8.jpg

ora02.jpg

ora04.jpg

ora03.jpg

ora11.jpg

Gorillas/Chimps/Bonobos (So many possibilities here, but let us narrow it down to just one enrichment station that all of this apes would benefit from and would be a crowd pleaser. A lifelike cement structure that resembles one of the many African strangler fig species with aerial roots that all of these species of primates would be able to climb and interact with. If at a latter date Frontier decides to add tropical African small primate species like guenons of a number of species, this would work perfectly as well. Leopards with the exclusion of the Amur Leopard should love this enrichment as well, they could just hang out impressively within its branches, their paws hanging down. Something like this would be the bible for clouded leopards as well, they would use it with discipline, and provide them a realistic enrichment towards their animations. Clouded leopards would ideally spend most of their time up in this enrichment station if players include it in the exhibit. They are extremely shy. I know I said one item, but maybe this fig cement platform/sculpture would come in two variations, one smaller, a stump and single trunk that something as a Gorilla would use, and a second one much larger and complex that smaller and more agile apes and other animals could benefit from.

gori01.jpg

gori02.jpg

gori03.JPG

Lemurs and monkeys (A large number of natural enrichment stations and items would be beneficial for this species in more ways than one. One of the most popular complaints when it comes to what is currently missing in this game are behind the scene items and more broken trees, lifelike tree cement sculptures, branches, etc. Adding them as enrichment opportunities for small primates would kill two birds in one shot. FRONTIER PAY ATTENTION, a simple metal slab with chains that can be hooked to any wall would be an A+ enrichment item that can be use to place food etc, and exactly what players have been screaming about, when they say BEHIND THE SCENES ITEMS. Several variations and sizes should be created, this is one the easiest items you would be creating, and it would go a long way. Small primates and even large ones would interact with by getting on top of it, and a resting animation should be a plus. (Lemurs would highly benefit of branches or tree stumps that would allow them to leap, this animation would be a must if you were to introduce sifakas at a latter time, but even now, they would look great particularly good with the Ring Tailed Lemur. )

Fig102.jpg

Fig835.jpg
I would love to see the reptiles able to use the heating rock as well

Top Bottom