What other games are we all playing?

You can load up on the easy AI. They are quite docile and still offer quests for in between. They even ask permission to settle new island. :D Hardest threats would be the pirates then. Or you mix in a medium AI, which will work to contain the pirates, but sprawl quite.

Biggest innovations I should mention is:

-Replacing buildings, just grab and drag them to new location. It's amazing. Such a great idea for the OCD syndromed. Can be tweaked in difficulty about cost and such.

-workforce is a ressource, maybe biggest innovation along with economy - each house delivers workforce. Need a steelworks? make sure to have 100 workers in you settlement.

-citizens dont give flat tax income, like in "Tropico" you milk them by selling their needs to them, that's right - food and clothing not only cost upkeep, it'll earn you money. make them happy to have them spend even more, there is royal tax to prevent steamrolling with tier 1 spamming

-there is nother "currency" influence which seems to target steamrolling but it dint impede me much, workforce can be major roadblock to deal with
Those sound like amazing changes
The income in particular. Much better than a simple ratio between population and industry numbers :)

It fluctuates with goods provided.
Also there is electricity to unlock. This will totally transform your city. Visually, too. Such love to detail.
Okay, you can stop, now. I'm buying it.
I was going to give Ubisoft some money anyway and was deciding between Division 2 (which I would probably never play) and 1800 (of which I was afraid it will be too old-school)
Now I'm pretty much sure I'm going to like it. Supply "chains" were fun to manage in 2205 as well and the new economy model sounds interesting. :)

I was never big into flight sims but I used to play Falcon 4.0 back in the day (still have the 1in thick manual) so I decided to give DCS a try. The DLC is on sale right now so I picked up the Flamming Cliffs 3 pack for $25. Most people say that's the pack to get if you're a beginner like myself. The F/A-18 and F-14 packs look amazing but I couldn't see spending $60 or $80 on something I might not even play. Maybe when the summer sale comes around and if I'm still into it then I might pick up the F/A-18 pack.

Also after all this time I've finally gotten around to trying FO4 survival mode. It really feels like a different game. I like it. (y)

Iz playing Anno 1800, electrifying all der things. Then:

tenor.png

Any of you folks like Everspace? I know it isn't Elite Dangerous, but is it fun?
I played it briefly, being lured in by Obsidian Ant's videos. It took me about three hours to get frustrated and never playing it again since.
It's rogue-like, which apparently isn't the right style for me and it is very arcade-y and turrets-in-space-y.
I guess if you want a loot'n'shooter with "spaceships" it can be entertaining and it looks kind of nice and flashy, but personally? Nah. Not fun.

Any of you folks like Everspace? I know it isn't Elite Dangerous, but is it fun?

Love it. It's basically Descent but in open space instead of mineshafts. The game is designed around many multiple runs too, as for a start, after each death you use all the money you collected to upgrade your ship(s) and pilot. So failing early is sort of the point, don't feel bad about it. The expansion adds a lot of variety to the game too with plenty of new zones/foes, as well as NPCs giving you quests that you end up doing again across multiple runs. It's a very nice little shooter.

Last edited:
Am jealous.
It's got three printed pics of the main loading screen artwork. Nice but no big thing. Plus a CD with the soundtrack - I can say that the soundtrack is quite a thing. Especially during events like fire, strikes and diseases. The disease theme really knocked on my door. I love it when they put choirs and vocals in the soundtrack.

Love it. It's basically Descent but in open space instead of mineshafts. The game is designed around many multiple runs too, as for a start, after each death you use all the money you collected to upgrade your ship(s) and pilot. So failing early is sort of the point, don't feel bad about it. The expansion adds a lot of variety to the game too with plenty of new zones/foes, as well as NPCs giving you quests that you end up doing again across multiple runs. It's a very nice little shooter.
I loved Descent back in the day - does Everspace have 6DOF, or at the very least the ability to hover and move laterally? Also, can you detail what you mean by losing the pilot on death.

Oh, and I'm a cockpit flyer vs. 3rd person flyer, so how's that cockpit view? Is there a headlook feature?

I was never big into flight sims but I used to play Falcon 4.0 back in the day (still have the 1in thick manual) so I decided to give DCS a try. The DLC is on sale right now so I picked up the Flamming Cliffs 3 pack for $25. Most people say that's the pack to get if you're a beginner like myself. The F/A-18 and F-14 packs look amazing but I couldn't see spending $60 or $80 on something I might not even play. Maybe when the summer sale comes around and if I'm still into it then I might pick up the F/A-18 pack.

Also after all this time I've finally gotten around to trying FO4 survival mode. It really feels like a different game. I like it. (y)

Oopse, what happened with this post?
Anyway, the difference is the level of simulation. I recommend going with the SU ground attack simple sim plane that comes free to find out if the model is to your liking. From there I can only recommend the detailed modules which take DCS to a whole nother level of sim and immersion.

Last edited:
Is it released or early access? How far you went? Or do you frequently restart?

Its released in early access last month. :)
Game will have content updates at the end of April and next time month later, etc. They have said that Satisfactory is in early acces approx for a year.
Have to say, very good early access, havent found any bugs and gameplay is very smooth.
Currently you can play until Tier 6 and i have restarted once as the first try grew impossible to continue because i began building at bad location. Made also some poor decisions in the planning and it would have been enormous task to rearrange all the conveyor lines. :D
Wanted to start again also after i learned the mechanics and how stuff works and planning was way easier at the second time.

https://www.satisfactorygame.com/

Its released in early access last month. :)
Game will have content updates at the end of April and next time month later, etc. They have said that Satisfactory is in early acces approx for a year.
Have to say, very good early access, havent found any bugs and gameplay is very smooth.
Currently you can play until Tier 6 and i have restarted once as the first try grew impossible to continue because i began building at bad location. Made also some poor decisions in the planning and it would have been enormous task to rearrange all the conveyor lines. :D
Wanted to start again also after i learned the mechanics and how stuff works and planning was way easier at the second time.

https://www.satisfactorygame.com/
Ye, I've played Factorio and that is a huge investment in trimming the whole system to a working whole. I can only imagine it taking extra time in 3D. But it has some attraction to it - I like the puzzle aspect to figure out space and time constraints for building. I also like to explore non-documented features of the physics. Like gravity guns in Space Engineers e.g.

Ye, I've played Factorio and that is a huge investment in trimming the whole system to a working whole. I can only imagine it taking extra time in 3D. But it has some attraction to it - I like the puzzle aspect to figure out space and time constraints for building. I also like to explore non-documented features of the physics. Like gravity guns in Space Engineers e.g.

I havent played Factorio because of the graphical style, but i'm guessing that if you like Factorio, you will love this. Easily worth the $30, if Epic Store exclusive isnt a problem.

I havent played Factorio because of the graphical style, but i'm guessing that if you like Factorio, you will love this. Easily worth the $30, if Epic Store exclusive isnt a problem.
Not per se, but when I registered at the Epic store it dint really bolster my confidence in it. For now I'm not putting in any payment credentials and wait until they improved their store. I hadn't bought any physical copies for 2 years now, but for Anno 1800 I made exception since I dint want to bother about online payments in UPlay or Epic store.

Oopse, what happened with this post?
Anyway, the difference is the level of simulation. I recommend going with the SU ground attack simple sim plane that comes free to find out if the model is to your liking. From there I can only recommend the detailed modules which take DCS to a whole nother level of sim and immersion.

I went a head and got the A-10C pack last night since it was only $30. I've only done cold start up and take off so far but I'm liking the level of detail with the better module. Honestly I got the FC3 pack for the F15 and aircraft variety.

Not per se, but when I registered at the Epic store it dint really bolster my confidence in it. For now I'm not putting in any payment credentials and wait until they improved their store. I hadn't bought any physical copies for 2 years now, but for Anno 1800 I made exception since I dint want to bother about online payments in UPlay or Epic store.

I use Paypal for everything so no probs there. :)

Top Bottom