What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

Going full-time on Yakuza Kiwami 2, loving the new engine. This is such a great series, Sega are killing it with the pc port release timing so far.

I had Battle Brothers wishlisted since it hit the scene, I grabbed it and the dlc up on the 50% off sale the other day. My new favorite game.

Warsong, Kings Bounty, Darkest Dungeon, Panzer General esq hex turn based strategy. A drop of Rimworlds emergent story telling chaos and just enough wiggle room to head your own storys and goals. The art, the music and the gameplay. I am in love.

I had Battle Brothers wishlisted since it hit the scene, I grabbed it and the dlc up on the 50% off sale the other day. My new favorite game.

Warsong, Kings Bounty, Darkest Dungeon, Panzer General esq hex turn based strategy. A drop of Rimworlds emergent story telling chaos and just enough wiggle room to head your own storys and goals. The art, the music and the gameplay. I am in love.
lol
Darkest dungeon. My heart rate doubles only by reading that name. One of the most stressful games I've ever played. :LOL:

Pillars of Eternity was kind of an eye-opening experience for me. When they first came out I was stoked, played it, enjoyed the story a lot and then... stopped playing it. It was a moment I realized how old and lazy I got. Too slow, too much reading of small text,... it's too slow and too hard for me, now. Same with Baldur's gate - my all time favourite game.
I'm ashamed of myself. 😒
I'll admit to playing it on "easy" difficulty haha. At least for the first playthrough. I love the world and characters/classes. I haven't played a lot of these style of games, Divinity Original Sin is the only other one i can think of off the top of my head, so I'm absolutely rubbish at it. Wicked fun, though. I have all the dlc for it, as well as the sequel which I imagine I'll plough through next.

I'll admit to playing it on "easy" difficulty haha. At least for the first playthrough. I love the world and characters/classes. I haven't played a lot of these style of games, Divinity Original Sin is the only other one i can think of off the top of my head, so I'm absolutely rubbish at it. Wicked fun, though. I have all the dlc for it, as well as the sequel which I imagine I'll plough through next.
Yes, Divinity OS is actually a good mix of the old and new and that one I was able to play. Though it is really hard, too, especially at the beginning where the lack of the right skills (yours as well as characters' :LOL:) and equipment can really screw you over. So I recommend NOT choosingg an undead mage on the first playthough.

Fextralife is a good source of guides for DOS2 I'm actually replaying it right now. Such a great game. I was baffled by it initially and a few guides really made things click for me.

Stellaris, it had a free weekend over on steam, and 75% off so I picked up th ebase game and a few dlc's and being as its now 3 years old I got a few mods along the way. Oh and playing the new content for Grim Dawn with the other half.

I got Rage 2 today, game is nothing to write home about as far as "story" is concerned, but it is a great SP pew pew stress reliever. It feels and looks like Borderlands mix with DooM, very smooth and enjoyable combat.

Fextralife is a good source of guides for DOS2 I'm actually replaying it right now. Such a great game. I was baffled by it initially and a few guides really made things click for me.
I stopped at some point at some island. There is temple where I expect some sort of Ascension or so takes place, but I had some sort of ghosts there and the thing kinda dragged on. Do you know how far I'd have to go still in DoS2? I enjoyed start and first map after starter location, but jungle island kinda sapped my motivation.

So I bought Pathfinder Kingmaker...its almost incomprehensible to me and much too punishing. Not much in the way of help guides either which is disappointing. Oh well.

But.....

To scratch the itch I'm restarting Divinity Original Sin 2, such a truly great game with an excellent story brilliantly voice acted. Very fun combat and loads of depth. This should be a must play for anyone that likes gaming full stop.

I stopped at some point at some island. There is temple where I expect some sort of Ascension or so takes place, but I had some sort of ghosts there and the thing kinda dragged on. Do you know how far I'd have to go still in DoS2? I enjoyed start and first map after starter location, but jungle island kinda sapped my motivation.
Sounds like you are describing The Nameless Isle. Theres still a fair bit to go there. It also sounds like you might be struggling with party composition, have a wander over Fextralife for some great guides and advice. If its been awhile since you played it could be well worth having a fresh start in it.

Sounds like you are describing The Nameless Isle. Theres still a fair bit to go there. It also sounds like you might be struggling with party composition, have a wander over Fextralife for some great guides and advice. If its been awhile since you played it could be well worth having a fresh start in it.
I ran with Summoner as player char, Enchantress and two physical guys I think. Red Prince and Undead as rogue. Power leveled the Summon early on but I kinda had impression it's better to concentrate on either physical or magic damage.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2yYJf35KJI

Pillars of Eternity was kind of an eye-opening experience for me. When they first came out I was stoked, played it, enjoyed the story a lot and then... stopped playing it. It was a moment I realized how old and lazy I got. Too slow, too much reading of small text,... it's too slow and too hard for me, now. Same with Baldur's gate - my all time favourite game.
I'm ashamed of myself. 😒
Pillars of Eternity annoyed me. I was hoping for and expecting a 'spiritual successor' to the Infinity Engine games, and this checked some boxes, but right from the get go there were warning signs I wouldn't like it and things snowballed from there.

I remember reading the manual while I was installing it and noticing that there were exactly zero non-combat spells on the list. Getting into the game, everything felt extremely samish as all the classes had abilities that ultimately did the same stuff, just in slightly different ways, and again, were entirely combat focused. In the end, the combat wasn't even that good because the combat/non-combat mode distinction and the ultra short duration of status effects essentially nullified any attempts at preparation, and most battle locations were designed to force head-on confrontations which further limited tactical options.

The story was vaguely interesting, but it wasn't enough to keep me playing. Didn't feel like I really had much agency and the main mechanism through which agency was actualized (combat) was crap.

I was afraid to get this game because of mixed reviews, but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it.
I'm afraid of games that get universally good reviews.

Still having heaps of fun with Red Dead Redemption 2.
Something I totaly missed is that RDR1 is backward compatible now and on Xbox One X it has gotten a patch so it will be in native 4k!!!!!
Since RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1 I'm gonna go for another playthrough of RDR1 as soon as I'm done with RDR2.

Loving these games!!

Top Bottom