What other games are we all playing?

I've heard of problems with the game such as you describe. Getting a bounty for no apparent reason. Even getting a bounty for bumping into an NPC while walking around. Also for defending yourself in town when someone picks a fight with you.
I was hoping these problems were fixed by now. Oh well, it still is a good game on the flip side.
Again, thanks for the update.
It's an amazing game, and now that I know what to look for, I can manually save before entering a potential "situation" like this. It's also still a relatively new game, and I'm more forgiving of bugs in new games than older games.

It's an amazing game, and now that I know what to look for, I can manually save before entering a potential "situation" like this. It's also still a relatively new game, and I'm more forgiving of bugs in new games than older games.

Now that you mention it, a sheriff turned hostile on me too when I collected a bounty.
All of a sudden I was the hunted....

Still, considering the scope of the game I'm quite content with how smooth it runs.

Now that you mention it, a sheriff turned hostile on me too when I collected a bounty.
All of a sudden I was the hunted....
I think there's a "no loitering" mechanism that kicks in way too quickly and doesn't recognize when an NPC is actually saying something useful. Another time when I went into the Sheriff's Office, it didn't take long for the deputy to tell me to get lost. I suspect if I hung out 2 seconds longer, he'd turn hostile too.

For now on I'll be saving before collecting my bounties!

Mutant year Zero has popped up in Origin Access now also. That'll be getting played this week by me.

To follow up on this above. Started playing yesterday. Lovely little game this that plays very similar to XCOM, the setting being post apocalyptic in repair is nice. The characters are mostly enjoyable and nicely voice acted. There is real time stealth which is fun and allows you to position your team for maximum effect or to just loot areas way above your level for much needed items.

But...

The difficulty curve in the early game is brutal. I'm playing on the mid setting and all was fine until I got to where I am now, it's just gone through the roof. There are some particularly annoying robotic tanky enemies that have massive range of movement which can revive dead enemies you've worked hard to down.

I'll bump it down a notch to low and see if it's more manageable.

Overall though it's a nice little game they nailed the story telling through environmental clues nicely.

I think GTA III and GTA IV had superb picks of tracks. And I mean music tracks. How is that doing in GTA V? Haven't looked at it.

I can't think of any GTA that hasn't got superb tracks! Try Radio Mirror Park for GTA V. :)

To follow up on this above. Started playing yesterday. Lovely little game this that plays very similar to XCOM, the setting being post apocalyptic in repair is nice. The characters are mostly enjoyable and nicely voice acted. There is real time stealth which is fun and allows you to position your team for maximum effect or to just loot areas way above your level for much needed items.

But...

The difficulty curve in the early game is brutal. I'm playing on the mid setting and all was fine until I got to where I am now, it's just gone through the roof. There are some particularly annoying robotic tanky enemies that have massive range of movement which can revive dead enemies you've worked hard to down.

Overall though it's a nice little game they nailed the story telling through environmental clues nicely.

I also picked it up, but haven't tried it so far. Unless you get those fancy 90+% shots that miss, it can't be worse than XCOM. :)

Last edited:

But...

Some fights you can't win by brute-forcing your way through.
Try sneaking around, picking up the enemies separately if possible.

Some fights you can't win by brute-forcing your way through.
Try sneaking around, picking up the enemies separately if possible.

Yeah that's a nice touch in the game that I like. But in the early game after about 2 hours you come across Medbots that I referred to above and also others called shamans which bring in more reinforcements. Both of these are very well tanked and have large range of movement. So on the one hand you have a thing that picks up those you've killed and another thing that spawns in 3 more things each time it uses the ability..

I thought XCOM could be harsh ... but wow. :)

Is it just about driving a truck around or is there more to it?
Possibly a stupid question, but I really would like to know.
Thanks

Thats pretty much it, you are driving a 18 wheeler from a to b :D
More seriously yes, you take jobs to transport various stuff, ern money and upgrade/buy/sell trucks. You can also manage your fleet, hire drivers and run a basic business.

Thats pretty much it, you are driving a 18 wheeler from a to b :D
More seriously yes, you take jobs to transport various stuff, ern money and upgrade/buy/sell trucks. You can also manage your fleet, hire drivers and run a basic business.
Thanks Vasea
I was hoping there was more to it. Like what, I'm not sure.
The graphics sure look good though.
Thanks again.

Ditto that! I remember lugging my huge gaming PC to a friend's house where we'd play Command & Conqueror Generals all day long. He'd make the rest of us pizza, and while we were eating it he'd launch his attack. Sneaky dog!

And then there was 4-way split-screen COD as we all squinted at TV and yelled at each other, "No screen peeking!" Ah, them were the days 🤗

Oooh, similar here. Except it was usually curries, not pizza, and we'd mix up C&C with AoE and other games.

Top Bottom