What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

Talking about Far Cry Primal...I just had to go off and start it all over again. Loving my new best mate, the sabretooth tiger :)
Man, I'm going to need ot replay that one as well, once I get un-hooked from Odyssey. I loved Primal. I never really "felt" the main line of Far Cry games, but Primal was fun. And the pet mechanic there is awesome. I was so disappointed that in Odyssey you only can tame animals temporarily.

I went back in to modded Arma 3 with newest version of ACE mod - cant believe that some things that are in it are still not integral part of vanilla game. Like choosing the grande trajectory or more realistic medical system.
At one hand its amazing what community are doing to make this game even better, but on the other you can tell that Bohemia can be literally sloppy with their content because "mods will fix it".
The modded carrier is still ten times better than what normal Arma can offer, and its just a tip of the iceberg. Also i nthe last QandA BI said that there is no work on anything like Arma 4. I strongly believe that they will rather make their own "survival/life Altis" game as sadly for hardcore mil sim guys those are most popular game modes for A3.
But I`m looking forward to the new Contact DLC that will have some sort of biochemical warfare that its new to the series.

I've actually been sucked back into ED... I am enjoying myself digging into a lot of the things that have changed over the past couple years that i never really dug into. The past week I haven't even thought about anything else. I hope this keeps up because its really been enjoyable tackling the things I always shyed away from.

Rimworld looks interesting, but killer bunnies and llamas?
I like the megasloth. You can even train it to haul, and it gives a lot of wool.

Resting my Rim World colony for the moment though, since I acquired Battletech in SteamSummerSale. Really love this game, but no wonder, I liked the Shadowrun games from HareBrainedSchemes a lot too. With Battletech they have done everything right for me, so far. Feels very much authentic, the Battletech universe comes to life and I feel very much immersed. :D

Last edited:
Just because I jumped the Battletech / Mechwarrior hypetrain:

Has anyone here been playing MechWarrior: Living Legends? Seems to be a pretty awesome indy-title and maybe way better them MechWarrior online and also free, like really free, pure fan-product.

Installed it and it works, graphics are lookin pretty old, idk maybe there are player on at primetime.

Edit: I had a good time with this game and its community yesterday. It's not easy to learn. What's good imho, there is no artificial skill-tree or such, it all comes down to personal tactics and skills. I liked it.

Last edited:
Played through Rebel Galaxy since it was given away for free on Epic's store. Good fun, but once you run out of campaign there's nothing left worth doing. But broadside-based combat is really satisfying. :)

Played through Rebel Galaxy since it was given away for free on Epic's store. Good fun, but once you run out of campaign there's nothing left worth doing. But broadside-based combat is really satisfying. :)
I spent one whole summer playing the RG. Such a gem of a game. Not really an open world or something one would spend the time on after finishing the story, but the story itself is fun and grinding through the ships feels great and the whole broadsiding system is genius!
I love the Mercenary guild ships and then of course the dreadnoughts. They feel sublime. :)

Just because I jumped the Battletech / Mechwarrior hypetrain:

Has anyone here been playing MechWarrior: Living Legends? Seems to be a pretty awesome indy-title and maybe way better them MechWarrior online and also free, like really free, pure fan-product.

Installed it and it works, graphics are lookin pretty old, idk maybe there are player on at primetime.

Edit: I had a good time with this game and its community yesterday. It's not easy to learn. What's good imho, there is no artificial skill-tree or such, it all comes down to personal tactics and skills. I liked it.
I'm into the battletech and mech warrior myself.
400 some weeks into my latest modded Battletech campaign, only half way thru.
Mech Warrior 4, Mercs, and Black Knight reinstalled for another play thru.
Did the MW online thing a hundred years ago.
I stay away from mmo's anymore.

I'm into the battletech and mech warrior myself.
400 some weeks into my latest modded Battletech campaign, only half way thru.
Mech Warrior 4, Mercs, and Black Knight reinstalled for another play thru.
Did the MW online thing a hundred years ago.
I stay away from mmo's anymore.
I have had somewhat forgotten about battletech. I used to play a littel bit of the tabletop ages ago, played Mechwarrior 2 and "The Crescend Hawks revenge" back in the 90s and read some of the books back then.

The good thing is, Mechwarrior Living Legend is not your classical MMO, it's more a fan-made multiplayer mech-combat arena with mechs, battle-armor, tanks and airplanes. There is absolutly no leveling up except your own player skill. Also it's absolutly free, no microtransactions, no real money involved. It's pure fan made fun. I enjoy quite a bit at the moment. Playerbase is fairly small at the moment but evening hours are usually populated enough for one server going through the whole night.

And yes, it's a good year for battletech enthusaits :D

Also I have forgotten how well the Battletech lore blends in with Elite Dangerous.

Last edited:
Bought xcom2. I played the xcom demo, never liked it, but 2 seems ok. Have no idea what I'm doing. Ran through the tutorial, not sure I'm going to enjoy the game.

Kingdom Come Deliverance (amazing so far, resonating with me more than a video game should, really) and lots and lots of D&D with my kids. I started them on 5th Edition beginner stuff about a year ago, and they've since graduated and are in the middle of Curse of Strahd now, the updated version of the penultimate horror rpg Ravenloft. Whether I'm actually playing with them, or just working to organize the adventure and prepare for new sessions, it's a total blast. My brother's and I were little D&D nerds, it's pretty cool to see my kids turning out to be nerds, too😂

Bought xcom2. I played the xcom demo, never liked it, but 2 seems ok. Have no idea what I'm doing. Ran through the tutorial, not sure I'm going to enjoy the game.
One of my all-time favorite franchises, I'm actually doing a re-run myself of X-Com 2.

I love tactical turn-based combat games, unfortunately there's so few of them (at least good ones), but IMO both X-COM and X-COM 2 nailed it.

Thanks to a post in the SC thread i got... no, not Star Citizen, but Endless Space 2. Fantastic turn based space strategy game. Highly addictive.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Vanilla Xcom 2 is another game sitting in my library unplayed. How much do the dlc add to the enjoyment of it?
XCOM 2 War of the Chosen DLC, (much like Enemy Within DLC for XCOM 1) can be shortly defined as "XCOM 2 with loads more good stuff in it". :) I couldn't go back to vanilla now. But being absolutely honest, vanilla XCOM 2 is a great game on it's own, the DLC only makes it even better.

No other games make me feel a heavy heart when I lose a good squad member like the XCOM games, i have sometimes called retreat and bolted mid-mission just because some soldier which had already grown to become a walking death machine got hit and was bleeding out, and I'd rather fail the mission than lose him/her. You do get attached to your soldiers that much :)

If you have never played XCOM games before, I think the best would be to give it a go on vanilla first, as you may find you don't actually enjoy it (or the genre) that much after all. But if you do enjoy it, the War of the Chosen DLC is worth every penny.

Top Bottom