What other games are we all playing?

Aye, I remember this:

W0_SVxFukb0CfKS4LrzcbEJUIDcr8vwpc7Hpi6JCuhg.jpg

Sadly I no longer have my boxed version of Falcon. I also had Janes sims (F-15/F/A-18) all with book like printed manuals.

I recently started playing the BGS, which is an entirely different game than the ED I've been playing the last two years. I'm quite enjoying it!

Aye, I remember this:

W0_SVxFukb0CfKS4LrzcbEJUIDcr8vwpc7Hpi6JCuhg.jpg

Sadly I no longer have my boxed version of Falcon. I also had Janes sims (F-15/F/A-18) all with book like printed manuals.

Ugh, Janes flight sims were good!
I remember the Apache Longbow sim, loved switching to thermal and blow up enemy tanks at night with Maverick missiles.

Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS. The one with the thruster control too, but without the pedals.

It's not top of the line by any means, but for a first HOTAS system it feels quite nice. There's buttons, toggles and axis for everything I will ever need (that's why I skipped the pedals).

FCS is a good buy for the price. My stick lasted for 2½ years and over 2000 hours, just bought a new one. Throttle is still going strong.
The problem with the stick was the yaw potentiometer, which did act funny for some time before eventually giving up completely. It seems that the potentiometer is a common problem with the FCS, but they should still last quite a while, depending on your playstyle and hours of course. :)

FCS is a good buy for the price. My stick lasted for 2½ years and over 2000 hours, just bought a new one. Throttle is still going strong.
The problem with the stick was the yaw potentiometer, which did act funny for some time before eventually giving up completely. It seems that the potentiometer is a common problem with the FCS, but they should still last quite a while, depending on your playstyle and hours of course. :)

If I may ask, what new stick did you buy? Just curious as I just entered the brand new world of HOTAS :D

As for the FCS, 2 years longevity is not that bad, if I need to replace the stick, the stick alone without throttle or pedals is just around 70$. I also read the throttle movement tends to become somewhat sticky after some time, did it happen to yours?

My only gripe at the moment is remembering what have I mapped to all the buttons (especially across different games), but I guess that happens with any HOTAS :D On the other hand, it's like a whole new experience.

If I may ask, what new stick did you buy? Just curious as I just entered the brand new world of HOTAS :D

As for the FCS, 2 years longevity is not that bad, if I need to replace the stick, the stick alone without throttle or pedals is just around 70$. I also read the throttle movement tends to become somewhat sticky after some time, did it happen to yours?

My only gripe at the moment is remembering what have I mapped to all the buttons (especially across different games), but I guess that happens with any HOTAS :D On the other hand, it's like a whole new experience.

New FCS stick of course. :)
Best stick for the price. (78 euros in Finland)

Yup, the throttle needs some greasing time to time, i have used silicone based oils, for example RC car shock oils are good.
A small drop of oil to the tip of the finger, insert finger down the slide hole and you can feel the metal slide bars both sides inside.

Mappings you will learn fast, just needs repeating them and they will get to your backbone soon. :)

I'm still completely hooked on SLAY THE SPIRE, which may be the most addictively replayable game I've ever owned. The first time you play it you think "why have I bought this well-reviewed rubbish" but then you find yourself going back to it every day. An extraordinary piece of game design.

I played IL-2 and LOMAC a lot several years ago and really enjoyed flying and doing aerial combat but never reloaded them after a computer change. I discovered a couple weeks ago I have IL-2 on gog and plan on DL it soon.

GL HF

I played IL-2 and LOMAC a lot several years ago and really enjoyed flying and doing aerial combat but never reloaded them after a computer change. I discovered a couple weeks ago I have IL-2 on gog and plan on DL it soon.

GL HF

IL-2 is simply fantastic. in my opinion, the best flight sim experiences are:

Civilian Aviation: X-Plane 11 (it just has no real competition these days, let's see when Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 comes out)
Military - World War 1: Rise of Flight
Military - World War 2: IL-2 Sturmovik
Military - Modern: DCS World

Any of these 4 games is brilliant as a flight sim.

Aside from Apex Legends and BFV theres really not much to play for me at the moment. Cyberpunk, BG3 and a few others cannot come quick enough at all.

Starting to spend more time with Hearts of Iron IV. The learning curve is brutal, but the game itself is rewarding and absolutely good fix for my strategy needs, now that Civ has fallen out as a respectable franchise (for me, for now).

Elsewhere, my progress in AC Odyssey has slowed down, partly because it is less beautiful than Origins, and partly because it seems poorly optimized.

World of Warships is still serving as my primary game...

After half a year without Elite, I sometimes feel the urge to fly a spaceship, but not strong enough yet to bother with reinstalling the game. NMS Beyond looks nice, but I was put off by those bug reports and it seems VR optimization is lacking.

Anyway, my gaming time is nicely filled up and at the moment there are no new titles I am looking forward to.
Edit: with the exception of MS Flight Sim, that looks stunning, I just hope it will get VR support.

After half a year without Elite, I sometimes feel the urge to fly a spaceship, but not strong enough yet to bother with reinstalling the game. NMS Beyond looks nice, but I was put off by those bug reports and it seems VR optimization is lacking.
Try Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.
Flies like a space ship, gets all the things right that we are missing in Elite - It's not a waiting simulator! you have an autopilot for the long trips and you can even cancel the cut scene.
If you loved Privateer, you'll be right at home.

Try Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.
Flies like a space ship, gets all the things right that we are missing in Elite - It's not a waiting simulator! you have an autopilot for the long trips and you can even cancel the cut scene.
If you loved Privateer, you'll be right at home.

Sounds promising, but how big is RG world?

Top Bottom