What other games are we all playing?

Just started Torchlight 2, no depth whatsoever and the story, uhm, the story..... whatever.
It's just a fun hack and slash arpg with a crazy amount of loot and fun special moves.
I like it way better then Diablo though.

Very nice that they finally brought this to consoles.

Can you say why it's called "Red Dead Redemption"? (non-native here)
From Wiki...

Why is the game called Red Dead Redemption?
Well the Red in the title was named after Red Harlow, the original protagonist in the series in Red Dead Revolver for PS2. Dead is in the title because of Dead Eye...Redemption is in the title because the character is trying to become a better person and leaving their life of crime in the past.

However... I think the game was so named due to a previous title from Rockstar, Red Dead Revolver. The Red Dead title was carried over to Red Dead Redemption...the original player character from Red Dead revolver had the surname Harlow...he had a burned hand appearing all red, hence his nickname, Red.

No doubt it's something a lot less complicated than that...but that's my guess. I'd hazard a wild guess that it's merely a thematic title of games set in the same historical era by the same publisher.

Last edited:
Just started Torchlight 2, no depth whatsoever and the story, uhm, the story..... whatever.
It's just a fun hack and slash arpg with a crazy amount of loot and fun special moves.
I like it way better then Diablo though.

Very nice that they finally brought this to consoles.
Jesus Christ, I hated it. It was yet ANOTHER diablo clone where archers target you from outside the screen while you (obviously can't) - but the worst was that there was no chest to be seen anywhere and I HATE dumping loot without a choice.

Jesus Christ, I hated it. It was yet ANOTHER diablo clone where archers target you from outside the screen while you (obviously can't) - but the worst was that there was no chest to be seen anywhere and I HATE dumping loot without a choice.

You never dump loot, you just send your pet to sell it in town while you keep happily mowing down mobs. That said, even though my fist berserker amused me a bit, I got bored and never finished the final map. Credits for involving less stupid clicking than Diablo, but meh, didn't find it particularly catchy either. In that genre, Titan Quest is probably the one I liked most, I guess the theme did that. Still not a game I'd rave about, but it was okay.

I had the bright idea of building a lava moat around my lovely little log cottage in Minecraft. After looking day and night for a handy and accessible source of the hot orange material, I painstakingly crafted a bunch of buckets with the last of my precious iron ingots and collected a large quantity of it and finally got my moat all filled up. Seeing that I still had about 90 seconds of daylight left, I grabbed a bunch of wheat, carrots and seeds and raced off to feed all of my penned animals. As dark descended and chores finished I raced back to my beautiful cottage with a tune on my lips and a feeling of real accomplishment in a day well spent. As I skipped up the steps to my home intent only on a well reserved nights rest, I noticed in sudden shocked horror that the entire structure was ablaze, every wooden block of the structure burning, only my bed and a few stacked chests sticking up out of the inferno. I raced to put it out, but it was much too late. I succeeded only in lighting myself on fire like a blocky human torch, and as I stumbled back in the direction of the nearby lake watching as my hearts began to shake and disappear intent upon flinging myself into the life saving water I ran into the gyrating form of a creeper. The last thing I saw as the death screen descended was a combination of all my iron buckets spinning in front of me.....and the fence for my pigs, cows and chickens burning where I had rubbed up against them and all of my farm stock stampeding away into that uncaring blocky night...

Minecraft can really be Hell.

Last edited:
lots and lots and lots of gta

7QuIlJ4.png

ZfK11wo.png

some flight sim

VrZmNIy.png

cX3vivM.png

and more elite of course :)

mHnVdWv.png

When I'm not playing Elite, it's likely going to be one of these:

ATS/ETS2
Rocket League
Borderlands of some vintage
NMS
Destiny 2

My current list:
Elite (but that doesn't count in this thread I guess)
Anno 1800 (Can't get enough of that one, only wish there were more ships and ship-stuff to do)
AC Odyssey (only occasionally now that I finished it for the third time. :LOL:)
World of Warships (Because I hate myself and feel the need to suffer, sometimes)
Empires of the Undergrowth (ants are awesome)
Phantom Doctrine (XCOM, but with better story and combat)
Wolf Quest (because I'm weird)
No Man's Sky (again)
Planetbase (laptop business trip game)
Anthem (It's starting to be objectively good)

I'm checking out wow classic atm, fun enough for a while i guess (i 've lost interest in retail wow for a couple of expansions now)..

NMS
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
PC Building Simulator (I'm a geek)
House Flipper
Recently started Greedfall, which is quite a fun indie CRPG.

Elite comes and goes for me. Recently got to Elite in a week on PS4, and now parked up at Jameson Memorial with no real incentive to log back in again.

Also the magma pump I devised in Dwarf Fortress was super efficient. I honestly don't know what this is about. I'm gonna harvest and utilise lava power in me current ONI playthrough too. Somehow. We'll see what happens...

Top Bottom