What other games are we all playing?

Honestly.... until I tried TSW, trains were not my thing!! But now....I must say I'm getting "into" them and that game looks cool so many thanks for that! :)

Should try this also again, i bought Derail Valley at EA launch but lack of content put this on hold for me.
But afaik this has gotten a LOT of more content since and there should be new big update "Overhauled" coming in this year, and it includes hazmat cargo and it seems things can go south badly..

43ea6f63ad9606b2208b3b35025cba3206ef1786.gif

Then there's this..

Steam: "Add all DLC to cart"
Me: "Ok, how much?"
Steam: "8000 euros"
Me: "Ok bye"

Then there's this..

Steam: "Add all DLC to cart"
Me: "Ok, how much?"
Steam: "8000 euros"
Me: "Ok bye"

You only buy the ones you like (aka flight sim logic) and all that BUT be aware: some of the addons are no longer supported, many has bugs that publisher ignores, many are very poor quality. I burned myself many times with Dovetail and wont be getting anything from them since then.

What about builder games? You get to design your own vehicles and then fly them. The controls are not up to full-fledged sims but it's your own truck, missile sub, helicopte, firefighting plane whathaveyou. I looked into Stormworks now and while not as good as Space engineers and From the Depths, it's more laid back with "peaceful" setting. Has a bit of an Unturned vibe with the graphics, but the designer is fairly detailed. A bit too detailed with the bloody gearboxes tho. Early access.

Stormworks are great, from similar games there are also Simple Rockets and Simple Planes, both on Steam. Simple Rockets has KSP vibe to it.

Stormworks are great, from similar games there are also Simple Rockets and Simple Planes, both on Steam. Simple Rockets has KSP vibe to it.
I really didn't like Stormworks initially. Then I discovered the different camera control schemes. The default one was terrible. Had to lookup block deletion, too. It really would need a tutorial.

Finished Return of the Obra Dinn on week end. Neat little puzzle game by the guy who did Papers, Please. Has interesting twist with visiting the still scenes of the fates of all the crew and passengers, some must be deduced.

Still playing The Hunter: Call of the Wild.
I think I found my new time sink in this game.
It's a relaxed game which looks incredible with quite the challenge sometimes to get what you're after.
I got about all dlc now except the duck and goose hunting and every map is verry well made with it's own atmosphere and challenges.

If you're into hunting games this is the best out there imho, on Xbox anyway.

Still playing The Hunter: Call of the Wild.
I think I found my new time sink in this game.
It's a relaxed game which looks incredible with quite the challenge sometimes to get what you're after.
I got about all dlc now except the duck and goose hunting and every map is verry well made with it's own atmosphere and challenges.

If you're into hunting games this is the best out there imho, on Xbox anyway.
I played that one for quite a bit. (Only the vanilla when it first came out)
I can agree that it is an incredibly chill and relaxing walking sim with beautiful landscapes. I've never managed to kill anything, though. And not for a lack of trying. I just suck as a hunter, I guess. But I love hiking. :LOL:

I can agree that it is an incredibly chill and relaxing walking sim with beautiful landscapes. I've never managed to kill anything, though. And not for a lack of trying. I just suck as a hunter, I guess. But I love hiking. :LOL:
Hiking....is that like proper walking but where someone keeps putting hills in the way? :D

When I first started I was wondering too where all the animals were, the one deer I saw ran the moment I lifted my rifle.
It's definitely not an arcade shooter and you need to take the time and use stealth to get what you want.
After a while you get the hang of it though, never run and watch the wind direction at all times lest they smell you before you spot them, quite realistic actually, also finding need zones (rest, eat and drinking) is incredibly importand since they tell you when during the day a certain animal is using it.
Once you get some callers things start to get a bit easier.
My lodge is filling up nicely with trophies now and it hardly takes more then ten minutes or so to find something.
I'm realy liking this game, hunting with a buddy in multiplayer is very nice too.

Had dropped Sekiro not long after starting it and hitting a wall in the form of the flaming bull and Lady Butterfly, and put it down as probably beyond me in terms of reflexes and coordination. Decided to get back into it last week and it clicked big time this time round, so am enjoying it a lot. The map is now wide open, I've faced a lot more bosses and minibosses, each one its own mini-puzzle, with a fantastically cinematic fight when it clicks.

Lots of Forza 7 and Horizon 4 last few days, having great fun. Also got Lego Championship for Horizon after debating it for some time thinking that its just silly buuuut... holy hell its fun! It adds plethora of ridiculous activities apart from racing and the full lego made map is a great distraction. I`m still surprised that AAA game can have SO MUCH to do in it and does not attack you with microtransactions and pay to play walls.

Lots of Forza 7 and Horizon 4 last few days, having great fun. Also got Lego Championship for Horizon after debating it for some time thinking that its just silly buuuut... holy hell its fun! It adds plethora of ridiculous activities apart from racing and the full lego made map is a great distraction. I`m still surprised that AAA game can have SO MUCH to do in it and does not attack you with microtransactions and pay to play walls.

Got Forza Horizon 4 myself a few weeks ago, didn't play a driving game since the good old days of Test Drive Unlimited, and holy smokes, the genre has evolved quite a bit since then.... And all those cars...

Also got Ride 3, which is pretty much the same but for motorcycles, unfortunately lacks the open world roaming of Horizon or Test Drive Unlimited, but it's still a great motorbike game.

Also in the genre tried The Crew 2, but it's way too arcadey for my taste.

Meh, got a bigger dock in Stormworks. Spent HOURS designing 1st tanker. It works, yay. Then I get into storm. My first "medium ship" - it's just a fricken tiny speedboat! I've trouble gauging the scale.
Helicopter doesn't work. Autohover does little. It's more a stability assist. HOTAS dont work. Or not as it should. Planning a waterplane to get to places faster without playing yoyo like in helicopter. I need altitude hold. Or something with 2 rotors? I didn't put much work into it, though. Decapitated myself with rotor, too.

Wanted to try tanker, then found out one of my settings made dealing fluids impossible. Then started anew.

Maybe double hull ship? Ooo, something with a diving dindong maybe? But first a waterplane. I hate waterplanes. No, I don't, but I suck designing those. But since the helo failed, maybe planes are easier?

Also in the genre tried The Crew 2, but it's way too arcadey for my taste.

My biggest issue with The Crew games is that they are not totally silly arcade fun like NFS and not enough semi realistic like Forza. Alho I do like to just drive around USA map in the first one. Currently uninstaller both Ubi games as Forza titles are much more in my taste. Also, "story" in Crew was just painful to listen haha.

My biggest issue with The Crew games is that they are not totally silly arcade fun like NFS and not enough semi realistic like Forza. Alho I do like to just drive around USA map in the first one. Currently uninstaller both Ubi games as Forza titles are much more in my taste. Also, "story" in Crew was just painful to listen haha.

I agree. I loved driving around Hawaii in Test Drive Unlimited, so I looked for a similar kind of "open world racing" title, and Forza Horizon 4 delivers. The only things that slightly annoying is, being in the UK, I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, but I got used to it after a while. And the car customization, out of this world.

I just wish Ride 3 had a similar open world structure, I would love cruising around with all those hundreds of motorbikes.

Top Bottom