What other games are we all playing?

k thanks. Will put it on my Steam wish list for the next massive Labor Day/Thanksgiving or Christmas discount. :giggle:
Well worth the buy I'd say having played a few hours of it...well...more than a few hours, 40.7 hours exactly...considering it's only been out since Friday...it's very addictive :D

pQD5w7n.png

There seems to be a lot of the Steam reviews bombing the game due to bugs and crashes...where as I've had one crash and haven't noted any bugs at all. There's a few like me that had very little issue running it and they've given it the thumbs up too.

Last edited:
Well worth the buy I'd say having played a few hours of it...well...more than a few hours, 40.7 hours exactly...considering it's only been out since Friday...it's very addictive :D

pQD5w7n.png

There seems to be a lot of the Steam reviews bombing the game due to bugs and crashes...where as I've had one crash and haven't noted any bugs at all. There's a few like me that had very little issue running it and they've given it the thumbs up too.

In 15 hours of play I had only one crash during a cutscene, but I went back to the game and everything was normal. I had no other problems and the game is running very well here. It's an excellent game, I'm enjoying it.

It's called "maximum attack" (to quote a fellow countryman Ari Vatanen) 😄

S0kZ4jt.jpg

Good thing about Assetto Corsa and all the mods is there's a car for everyone..
xm0JHfQ.jpg
I had a Mini Cooper 'S' back in the early 70's...British racing green with a white roof...looked spookily like that pic. Reg# was BSL 120 D...never forget it. I shoehorned an Austin 1300cc engine into it, took a skim off the top of the block to raise the compression ratio, rebored it to 1340cc, fitted it with twin radiators and an oil cooler and 4 Weber 48mm carburettors on a custom inlet manifold and finished it off by adding a Riley controls 4 speed gearbox with an overdrive switch. I could practically hear the petrol falling into the engine when I hit the loud pedal :)

I wiped it out taking some air over a blind summit in the highlands near Callander...I noticed that as I was coming back down, the road had somehow made a sharp left turn just after the summit. I missed it by a considerable distance and landed in some trees. I was left halfway up a tree sitting in a roll cage with the rest of the Mini spread over the field.... never had the cash at that time to rebuild the Mini and with 3rd party only insurance, I was scuppered and car-less for quite a while.

The joys of youth...how the hell I ever survived to old age I'll never know :D

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Fall Guys?
I was looking forward to it, then seen streams/reviews on it, and instead of the expected ragdoll physics, it appears to have a 'flat', pre-animated fall mechanics/animation. I guess that's the price of having 60 players in session, but still...

Here's what's going to be occupying much of my game time very soon now.

Source: https://youtu.be/eYkJ-J1175k

That very soon will be towards the end of the year for me when the Xbox series X comes out.
I doubt the present One X will be able to use high graphics settings.
I had plans for buying a gaming pc again but I used that money for something else, I'm to accustomed to being a console gamer now anyways.

MSFS 2020 looks incredible, I used to play FS9 and FSX a lot but FS2020 looks so much better.
The whole world looks amazing, we had to buy extra detailed regions in the past, now it's all included.
This sim will definitely gobble up most of my gaming time for sure.

I have to admit this is the most I've ever been excited for a release since the last weeks before Elder Scrolls 5 back in 2011.

Me too, since the release of ED.
I loved the previous FS versions, even made a lot of paints for FS9.
ED or any other game for that matter will drop realy hard on the backburner when I get my hands on FS2020.

I truly hope some WW2 planes will be added by third party devs.

I hope the modding community can and will be as active for FS2020 as it is/was for FS-X. Some excellent aircraft were produced, even if many 'only' had flat (2D) panels - they were a delight to pootle around in. My favourites being the small/smaller cargo planes.

Ugh, I loved those oldies like the Constellation or WW2 planes.
I owned some commercial 3rd party planes too like the B-17 and B-24 and the Cessna Citation X, great stuff.
I hope the Xbox version will have access to user made planes too.

Here's to hope someone ports Elite's ships into MSFS; in scale and all. Would be fun to blast through the cities. Or maybe land an Anaconda to Cape Canaveral.
Might be an overwhelming task to get them flying though, unless you can ignore the model geometry regarding aerodynamics and unless you can give arbitrary values to propulsion system power & fuel efficiency.
That is, IF you can mod the game at all.

Might be an overwhelming task to get them flying though, unless you can ignore the model geometry regarding aerodynamics and unless you can give arbitrary values to propulsion system power & fuel efficiency.
That is, IF you can mod the game at all.
They'd probably have to be some kind of "cheats" and ignore atmosphere, gravity and all that. Assuming modding will even be a thing.

Top Bottom