What other games are we all playing?

I've never managed to get into the Expanse, although everyone tells me it's great. Being a big BSG, B5 and Trek fan I should love it. 🤷‍♀️

Going to wait until the final season (the next one I believe) is done, and then binge watch the lot.

The wife and I love The Expanse. We've watched seasons 1-4 ~3x through. I've watched season 5, episodes 1-3 twice and will watch #4 a second time before episode 5 hits the airwaves. It has some very nice special effects. The only thing its missing imho, are robots. You'll see robotic shuttles, tugs, etc. in the show but no walking talking robots (I Robot - like) UNTIL the Red Spider marches out with the last known pro.... OOPS, sorry that could be a Spoiler so I'll leave it there. Happy Watching

PS: We also just started watching The Mandalorian (S1, E1), a couple of days ago. Why did I wait so long, go figure ... and I stood in lines wrapped around the cinema building, 3 times in '77 the first week the first (aka 4th) Star Wars came out.

Last edited:
Getting to the end of Assassin's Creed Origins. Quite enjoying it; huge map, lots of areas of interest to explore/ransack; good graphics; pretty polished game all in all.
I finished A.C. Odyssey sometime last year - and after playing Origins, while enjoying them both, I can't help but think that Odyssey was just a re-skin of Origins - with some minor changes to things.
Not sure if that's because they were set in similar time period and location, or if that is just how the A.C. games are (I've not played any of the others).
So with Valhalla out now, I was wondering what other people thought about how that compares to Odyssey - does Valhalla seem like a different game, or is it another re-skin with tweaks ?

I'm a sucker for any AC game and liked most of them, except the first one and AC3 so I might be a bit biased.
Personally I think Origins was way better then Odyssey, Odyssey was to long and became a chore in the end imho, even without the dlc.
Valhalla is a pretty long game too but it plays differently, there are several stories, each one covering a part of the map but they also cling to eachother in your main quest killing the order of the ancients aka early templars.

Also your map doesn't get littered with side quests but you run into world events which mostly take up only a short time but are quite fun.
You don't gather tons of swords, bows, armor, etc. either but aquire only a couple that you can improve, I love this aspect, it's much better then swapping your stuff al the time.

The game looks fantastic and I realy like the male protagonist, haven't played the female yet though.
You can also let the game choose what gender you are but I rather pick one myself.

I like Valhalla better then Odyssey, a lot better in fact, AC has turned into a real open world rpg and I definitely don't mind that although I do miss the more stealthier approach you had with Ezio a bit.

Really enjoying the latest update to Kerbal Space Program. I’ve reached the stage where I start building my Kerbin Station, and it’s such a relief to be able to reinforce the various modules using struts in the vanilla game. I also got paid twice for one of my rescue missions: once for the rescue, and once for bringing up a docking port for the stranded engineer to attach to his pod, so I could knock off that particular mission. ;)

I also learned two new things, despite having played this game over 1200 hours:
  • When aligning the orbital planes for a rendezvous, aligning the ascending/descending node with the closest approach makes for a much more precise final approach burn
  • Adding a maneuver node right before you impact the ground, and planning the burn so the apoapsis also touches the ground, allows for a perfect suicide burn... assuming you’re not late activating the engine. :)

Really enjoying the latest update to Kerbal Space Program. I’ve reached the stage where I start building my Kerbin Station, and it’s such a relief to be able to reinforce the various modules using struts in the vanilla game. I also got paid twice for one of my rescue missions: once for the rescue, and once for bringing up a docking port for the stranded engineer to attach to his pod, so I could knock off that particular mission. ;)

I also learned two new things, despite having played this game over 1200 hours:
  • When aligning the orbital planes for a rendezvous, aligning the ascending/descending node with the closest approach makes for a much more precise final approach burn
  • Adding a maneuver node right before you impact the ground, and planning the burn so the apoapsis also touches the ground, allows for a perfect suicide burn... assuming you’re not late activating the engine. :)
Welcome to Space X. :)

Holy guacamole, just played the prologue in Death Stranding and sweet baby Jesus THAT'S how you pull the target audience into your world. Utterly hooked.

Really recommend taking advantage of the online promo before the Feb 15th deadline.
It's a beautiful game, but these AFKers are ruining competitive team play events. On average 50-80% of my team is AFK gold farmers, every single time. Rewards should be based on performance, not participation. Is Rockstar an Oprah Winfrey company? 🤦

Not fun, and I'm glad I only paid $5 for it.

Train Sim World 2.
Run 8 - another (indie) train sim.
MSFS - The new one.
I also fired up X3 Albion Prelude as despite owning it for ages never touched it, only played Terran Conflict. Apart from having to run at 1920 x 1080 on my 4K monitor to avoid the perpetual problem of too small onscreen UI/font (affects quite a few semi-old games) it's a nice change of pace from ED, particularly starting out as an Argon Trader.

After experiencing this crushing emotional pile up in game

Jackie dies :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNgzyNOb18

Please give Jackie the respect he deserves. Pick the option to send him to his family and not the ripper doc. This is the only outcome that will allow you hold a wake and attend his funeral. You get to visit Jackie's apartment, collect precious mementos and either keep or present them at his funeral. Then talk to the family members (who by default of childhood also happens to be V's as well). I #LoveHate CDPR for making me have V fall in love with Jackie. Only to be ripped from him so violently at that point. Sheer and complete genius in their story writing and plot execution. They even acurately captured the moment Jackie's life faded from his eyes in my playthrough and in the video. :eek: Youo could feel V's initial jubilation transform into sheer horror then ultimate misery. It made for such a chilling and emotionally scaring experience

After that, I couldn't hold back anymore. :cry:

I HAD to know the future. And it left me utterly mind blown o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Up to that point, I was playing the game 100% wrong--even based on my fastidious RP choice and related decision making. In my complete ignorance of the several game endings, I was going to miss out on SO much rich lore, character relationships, and game play detail. And that's from an immersion gamer who always plays at a snail's pace since I keep getting side tracked crafting, looting, exploring everything. Taking time to smell all the cyber flowers, while helping/hindering the typically sociopathic denizens of Night City based on V's backstory. So now I'm literally going to do a restart to redesign and replay my V in order to get the unique/secret (and IMO the theoretically best/optimum) ending. Then STILL be stuck having to agonize over the choice I'll be forced to make even with that ending o_O

WARNING: MASSIVE plot spoilers ahead

The optimum/best ending in complete painful detail. And the mind blowing choice you're still going to have to make as result :cry:
Your relationship with Johnny has to be at 100%. Meaning every interaction and decision V makes by interacting or acting as Johnny needs to increase V's relationship with him. This will be an extreme challenge if V is a corpo background since Johnny is a Nomad.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2iqJCe5jA

All the endings explained (best video on YT to date)

All bugs aside, CP 2077 is GOTY 2021. It's going to take A LOT for another AAA dev to achieve the level of depth, NPC/PC character development, and complexity that CDPR accomplished with this unforgettable RP title. I've never been so emotionally drained from just watching the outcomes of a game title.

After experiencing this crushing emotional pile up in game

Jackie dies :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNgzyNOb18

Please give Jackie the respect he deserves. Pick the option to send him to his family and not the ripper doc. This is the only outcome that will allow you hold a wake and attend his funeral. You get to visit Jackie's apartment, collect precious mementos and either keep or present them at his funeral. Then talk to the family members (who by default of childhood also happens to be V's as well). I #LoveHate CDPR for making me have V fall in love with Jackie. Only to be ripped from him so violently at that point. Sheer and complete genius in their story writing and plot execution. They even acurately captured the moment Jackie's life faded from his eyes in my playthrough and in the video. :eek: Youo could feel V's initial jubilation transform into sheer horror then ultimate misery. It made for such a chilling and emotionally scaring experience

After that, I couldn't hold back anymore. :cry:

I HAD to know the future. And it left me utterly mind blown o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Up to that point, I was playing the game 100% wrong--even based on my fastidious RP choice and related decision making. In my complete ignorance of the several game endings, I was going to miss out on SO much rich lore, character relationships, and game play detail. And that's from an immersion gamer who always plays at a snail's pace since I keep getting side tracked crafting, looting, exploring everything. Taking time to smell all the cyber flowers, while helping/hindering the typically sociopathic denizens of Night City based on V's backstory. So now I'm literally going to do a restart to redesign and replay my V in order to get the unique/secret (and IMO the theoretically best/optimum) ending. Then STILL be stuck having to agonize over the choice I'll be forced to make even with that ending o_O

WARNING: MASSIVE plot spoilers ahead

The optimum/best ending in complete painful detail. And the mind blowing choice you're still going to have to make as result :cry:
Your relationship with Johnny has to be at 100%. Meaning every interaction and decision V makes by interacting or acting as Johnny needs to increase V's relationship with him. This will be an extreme challenge if V is a corpo background since Johnny is a Nomad.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2iqJCe5jA

All the endings explained (best video on YT to date)

All bugs aside, CP 2077 is GOTY 2021. It's going to take A LOT for another AAA dev to achieve the level of depth, NPC/PC character development, and complexity that CDPR accomplished with this unforgettable RP title. I've never been so emotionally drained from just watching the outcomes of a game title.

I agree with CP2077 story, if it wasn't for the story it would have been a dumpster fire, Panam was my girl very good story, but boy the bugs and really bad AI was a huge disappointment.

Oh Wow!
There is a massive Easter Egg related to the iconic cyberpsycho moxe supermodel we first saw in the CP 2077 teaser trailer back in 2013. I She was the woman with the mantis blades who had been cornered by MaxTac and was kneeling in the street. I always wondered what happened to her, since she apparently was never executed by SWAT. Turns out you get to meet her again through an actual quest in the game! Credit for this awesome Easter Egg goes to meanmememom on reddit. :cool:

ESO covers this in detail here:

and original reddit post is here

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/kg4vhn

Been playing Hades.

The only slight annoyance is the limited level design, but as it's all hand-crafted that's obviously a design decision.

Otherwise it's really rather good. Amazing art direction, and so much dialogue it's ridiculous.I've not had too much success with ranged weapons although this could be because I play with m+kb.

Would recommend.

Been playing a fair amount of Doom Eternal as it was £16 on sale. Didn't think I'd play it much but it's brilliant. Hard but not impossible, and the secrets aren't nearly as obscure as Doom 2016.

Still can't beat the Brutal Doom mod though (plus a heavy dose of nostalgia from my teens playing the old games).

Top Bottom