What other games are we all playing?

Instead of E:D? That's easy. Are you interested in MMORPGs? If yes, you can totally be looking forward to WoW TBC Classic. Burning Crusade Classic, which launches June 1, aims to be a little less faithful by design; Blizzard is actively tinkering with the experience. It’s a new approach that’s aptly called “some changes,” and it should make Burning Crusade more viable to play long-term.

Those changes include better matchmaking for the new Arena mode, which has 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 competitive matches to get TBC Gold. The raids, like Tempest Keep and Sunwell Plateau, are also going to be a little tougher. Bosses will be at their pre-nerf difficulty, and it remains to be seen whether players will burn through these challenges in minutes.

Advice needed, Project cars 2. OK. My ego, has had me reduce traction control and ABS to about 10%. However: When I play on-line, I see other players, braking in much less space and pulling away from corners, much earlier and faster. So. Should I ignore my ego and just put both up to 100%?
GIT GUD!!!11111 ;-))))))

btw. had the same humiliating experience in PC or Assetto Corsa and decided that smart people who put thought into how these systems work were much smarter than me. Fun fact, had a real life 306HP car, never ever ever ever had I turned off traction control on it - and it was always reliable and pulling through corners effortlessly :) And it makes sense, as it could brake each individual wheel separately based on separate sensors, a feat that humans simply can't do using just one foot and a backside 😂. All what was left was pure joy of driving (yes it was a BMW :D)

Loving it.

Also the kingdom management part i didn't think i would like, but its actually ok, although i turned down the difficulty of that to effortless because the last thing i want is the fate of my kingdom depending on dice rolls (which can happen as some events are resolved via "cards" where you assign one of your advisors to deal with and there is a DC check roll for it). Others you go out and resolve yourself, like finding a missing child that has been taken by a witch.

There is the main story, which has time limits on it (many things do) but for the main story you can just focus on that and then worry about some of the bigger kingdom stuff later as you get months or even years between the acts which allows you plenty of time for adventuring and dealing with developing your kingdom.

Or you can just change the kingdom stuff to automatic and you can forget about it... although i've heard that bad things (tm) can happen on automatic.

Funnily enough, I started Kingmaker yesterday. Looking forward to it, the kingdom management should give it its distinct personality amongst the rest of Infinity Engine style rpgs.

Played Pathfinder Kingmaker over my lunch hour.
Did a quick start game using a template melee dude.
20 mins in, no idea what I'm doing at all, which is fine.

The current CG is such, that I re-installed World Of Warships, for some cheap BangBang stress relief. Stay at Tier 1, and life is fun. :)

I saw this a few pages back and ... I'm in the same boat with WoWs. I haven't played in about a year but I miss the sound of seagulls and waves crashing against the hull. Space games can get old.

I've told myself to not get irritated if somebody says I suk. ... cause I do ... but, its still fun.

So does nobody in this forum play Eve Online?

I'm surprised at the no responce because I assumed (?) a lot of ED players also played Eve at least a little bit. I DL'd it and tried it for a few hours way back when it first hit the streets, then abandoned it. I was more into PvP armored combat at the time which ate up all my game time.

So does nobody in this forum play Eve Online?
I did, years ago, but it looks like you are looking for someone playing it now.

They do like to 'Ballance ships', which is out of order. I spent a good couple of years and a lot of isk, on training for the Rattlesnake. Missile range of 260k, drone range of close to 200k and skilled up, for the micro-jump drive. I could orbit well out of most things range and take them apart and then they nurffed it. Cut the drone bay, by close to half and reduced everything else, including removing a missile slot. I quit the same day and sold my membership. Agreed, I had a meta ship and up-set some players, but I put a lot of thought, isk and work into it.

I'm surprised at the no responce because I assumed (?) a lot of ED players also played Eve at least a little bit. I DL'd it and tried it for a few hours way back when it first hit the streets, then abandoned it. I was more into PvP armored combat at the time which ate up all my game time.
It was a bit rough sometimes, especially at the start of playing the game. Pay to play, could be expensive, until you learn how to earn and I learned that the only thing, that was not profitable, was combat. Everything else, worked the right way, made isk. Plus I joined a good corp. if they didn't do the balance thing, I would probably still be playing.

Subnautica Below Zero

I loved the first game, the mix of base building, excellent exploration, atmosphere, easy yet interesting gameplay and enigmatic story presentation all hooked me and was helped massively by it's beauty.

The second game is all of the above again except you are now a voiced character playing along a more fleshed out story. You are Robin a sister of another character who has suspiciously fallen foul of the mega Corp Alterra on the same planet as the first game except this time in the frozen ocean. Of course none of this starts smoothly and you have to drag yourself to survive a familiar disaster from the first moments.

The game is astoundingly beautiful on my setup with the usual graphical bells and whistles you'd expect. It plays nearly identical to the first game but with a few lateral differences mainly due to having much more to do on land this round.

I have only scratched the surface but it's easy for me to heartily recommend this to the forum, if you played and enjoyed the first one you will find comfort here also with more to like.

It helps with backstory a little if you've played the first game but it's not required as so far it stands alone from the previous title.

League of Legends, Shinobi Striker, Everspace 2 and Endless Space are some of the games I've been playing when I get tired of the ED grind. Madden 21 as well.

I played from when the servers went online, for about 10 years. I wanted a modern Elite, and this was the nearest thing at the time other than X. Plus, it worked over dialup (yes, I'm that old and so is the game).

A few things eventually stopped me playing. I'm not a social player at all - prefer games on my computer to be games on my computer and not reliant on an external server or other people to play. So I always played solo in EVE, but that's not how CCP want you to play the game... and they started putting in little things that would be gated behind being in a large corporation. Cumulatively, they became annoying to the point that I came to the conclusion that CCP didn't want me in their game.

Also, once I got a full set of +5 implants, it was too risky to do anything... because if you die (and that could happen in an instant) you'd lose everything. I didn't have the time or game income to replace them. So I started to find that I was simply only logging in to change skill training, and then logging off. Sometimes for over a month. For a game that cost £15 a month, that wasn't really worth it.

Finally, and my memory of the details may be shaky here, but there was a guy who was (for some reason) hounded and persecuted within the game by other players / corps. The game is all about PVP and so this is encouraged - BUT, the poor guy eventually got so upset by it all that he committed (or at least attempted) suicide. This was bad enough, but what got me and turned me off the game completely in the end was that at the following EVE Fest, the bullies & CCP themselves seemingly celebrated this on stage as a selling point of the game. They thought it was great that the meta of EVE had such a profound effect on someone.

So I thought nah. And cancelled my sub. 🤷‍♀️

I made a meme for Pathfinder Kingmaker

ase9r5axd8z61.jpg

Third Age mod on Medieval II, Lord Elrond is having neighbourly disputes with some orcsses.

Ooooh, i've played the hell out of that over the years. Are you playing with or without DaC? Pros and cons to that i've found.

Played the high elves a couple of times. Can be hard to get started but if you can get out of Rivendell quickly you can become a real power (albeit a slowly developing one due to slow recruitment).

Cheesiest game i had was with Mordor. All ringwraiths in the same army. Charge enemy and just before you hit activate fear on all of them. Watch an army twice your size rout and flee while you smash into their backs. (don't recommend doing this if you want a challenging game, you should never lose a fight doing this).

Top Bottom