What other games are we all playing?

Wait. HTH did you accomplish this???
salvage8.jpg
salvage7.jpg

Played through BG3 EA a couple of times again.

Once with a party of rangers (good actions). Once with a mixed party of Githyanki (evil actions)

However, due to the vagaries of dice rolls, my good rangers ended up destroying the Druid grove and my evil Gith preserved it.

Still, doesn't look like it will be out of EA this year, so still limited to Act 1 only :(
Glad i restrained my self from buying it back in 2020. The wait would have killed me inside. But popularity of this game is crazy, tempting me to try before release.

Its different. Its very much a Larian game with a D&D skin on top. But that's not a bad thing per se, i enjoyed Divinity 2 a lot.

Its certainly the prettiest of the current crop of D&D based RPGs and has some interesting mechanics. Good story so far (will have to see how it develops). Its very open world in terms of how you approach quests and go through the main quest. Which is good for those who enjoy that, bad for those who want to be told where to go and what to do.

Its been a good couple of years for D&D based RPGs though, with Kingmaker, Solasta, and BG3. I haven't tried Wrath of the Righteous because it goes into silly Epic levels and has Paragon paths and stuff, and i kind of got tired of that silliness many years ago.
Oh you should really give Wraith of the Righteous a try when you have the time. So many classes + sub-classes it's crazy how much time you can spend just brainstorming different builds and party set ups. And the story is mind blowing ( specialy Minagho voice actress ).

Picked up Everspace 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverence during Summer Sale on Steam. The last one was super cheap even including all DLC's. Very good games.

Half Life: Alyx on the Quest 2.

Yes, I know I'm late to the party... but still. Wow. No idea what I'm doing (feels like I'm spending half my time figuring out the controls), but it's amazingly atmospheric.

Tried playing sitting down (my default), but I think this is one that really demands you stand up with a Guardian area (I normally have that turned off) to get the best out of it.

Oh you should really give Wraith of the Righteous a try when you have the time. So many classes + sub-classes it's crazy how much time you can spend just brainstorming different builds and party set ups.

I probably will do eventually. Its just with the first one i spent more time theorycrafting builds and restarting the damn game than i did actually playing it.

Dyson Sphere Project's Black holes are quite pretty. I approched from an angle where the accretion disk was kinda invisible and the warped flows around the event horizon looked weird and good. No entrance tho - only achievement for trying. I believe it was a quote from 2001 for the caption.

Failed to pick a new planet, we hates them. No system matched my criteria. We hates all the cluster! sigh I could make forgeworld, meltaworld, mineworld and that. And then logist it all through space.
The effort tho... why can't I have everything in one system under a blue sun with planets that are tidally locked, record-breaking ore reserves, special feature planets and most rare special ressources the game has to offer?!

Yes, I know I'm late to the party... but still. Wow. No idea what I'm doing (feels like I'm spending half my time figuring out the controls), but it's amazingly atmospheric.

Tried playing sitting down (my default), but I think this is one that really demands you stand up with a Guardian area (I normally have that turned off) to get the best out of it.
My favorite emergent gameplay innovation in Alyx was when I found a wastebasket and started filling it with grenades to get around the grenade carry limit. Then I'd wander around the levels with my basket-o-grenades in one hand, and initiate most combat encounters with explosives. Of course every now and then the basket would get knocked out of my hands and my precious cargo would scatter everywhere.

My favorite emergent gameplay innovation in Alyx was when I found a wastebasket and started filling it with grenades to get around the grenade carry limit. Then I'd wander around the levels with my basket-o-grenades in one hand, and initiate most combat encounters with explosives. Of course every now and then the basket would get knocked out of my hands and my precious cargo would scatter everywhere.
That reminds me of a character I played in pen and paper rpg. After DM complained we pull too many guns from hammerspace he made us track how we store the gear and instead of getting rid of my arsenal I bought a wheeled golf bag.

Assetto Corsa Competizione...it was cheap on Steam. Loving the career mode so far. I also grabbed F1 2022 from EA Play pro since it was a freebie with the sub, liking that too :)

I'd bought the game a while back but was waiting for GPU prices to fall so I could play it with a shiny new card. When I saw that was never gonna happen, I thought I might as well try it with my slightly tired system

It played okay. I did get warnings that my graphics card wasn't really up to the task, but I just clicked them away. Now that prices are dropping a little, I might be able to upgrade if I can survive the raise in the cost of living

A few months of huddling around a candle for warmth and eating Tesco's own brand gruel I might be able to afford one, and then I'll have another playthru of Alyx... this time trying Kaocraft's basket trick

I'd bought the game a while back but was waiting for GPU prices to fall so I could play it with a shiny new card. When I saw that was never gonna happen, I thought I might as well try it with my slightly tired system

It played okay. I did get warnings that my graphics card wasn't really up to the task, but I just clicked them away. Now that prices are dropping a little, I might be able to upgrade if I can survive the raise in the cost of living

A few months of huddling around a candle for warmth and eating Tesco's own brand gruel I might be able to afford one, and then I'll have another playthru of Alyx... this time trying Kaocraft's basket trick
Having just updated the major bits of my machine, I can empathise. I have a feeling that this winter and it's bills will be cruel :censored:

World of Warships is running a double XP weekend for the 4th of July. Discounts on US tech tree ships, discounted modules, 35 free XP per gold instead of 25.

They also have a bounty hunting event going.

Wonder if Elite would ever have a double ARX weekend, or Kill A Dev Weekend?

WoWs may make it back on my rig soon. I needed to uninstall wows a few months ago and I substituted it with Armored Warfare to get my combat fix when not flying through space in my magnificent space ships.
I've also been considering a go at Eve lately. WoWs will be an easier decision to make. I am well equipped to play WoWs and AW (and WoT's also but I'll probably never go back to wot).

After months of not being able to play MSFS, I was finally able to get it reinstalled and working on my computer again. Giving it a another try now. Some of the graphics details (in particular, clouds) seem to have been nerfed considerably since I last played.

EDIT / UPDATE

Something wasn't right, as my laptop was running way too cool for flight sim, so I restarted the sim and everything now is much better. MUCH. Tree draw distance is much improved since I last played, and while clouds still feel slightly nerfed, they are still pretty good. But most importantly, Bing Maps has been updated for my rural neck of the woods (wasn't expecting that), so the scenery is much, much better! My only immediate complaint is everything still has this green tint to it, which I don't understand.

Last edited:
Mini Motorways, an old school puzzle game of linking up journey sources and destinations.

Also old school in that it's a game you are bound to lose eventually, but hopefully with an improved score over your previous game. Good for filling that short gaming time that can pop up.

So undemanding, even my 2013 iMac can handle it easily :)

I backed ED game and paid upfront for the founders edition. The issue know is the travel time sink since going to Hutton orbital' is no longer funny

That and the fact the some Fleet carrier owners are selling low cost goods for cash plus the usual Eula breaking that goes on.

I backed ED game and paid upfront for the founders edition. The issue know is the travel time sink since going to Hutton orbital' is no longer funny

That and the fact the some Fleet carrier owners are selling low cost goods for cash plus the usual Eula breaking that goes on.

Wrong thread?

But i've got the perfect prescription for you. A good long trip to Hutton Orbital. That will help you unwind.

Top Bottom