What other games are we all playing?

Far Cry 4 and GTA V are both amazing on a high end PC.

WarThunder is a great free to play game that WILL trick you into spending a hundred bucks especially if you've been drinking.

I still like the most recent SimCity, online mode with a small group of about 4 from our TS server. It's a great way to sit and spend a bottle of wine.

Not impressed with Star Citizen arena commander.

Wargame RedDragon is fun as long as you have a buddy or 2 to do a co-op against the AI.

Fallout New Vegas was IMO the best single player game ever made (especially story wise). And it has so many decent mods that you can replay it again, years later, for a really different experience.

EDIT: Here is our TS Server info:
T301.DARKSTARLLC.COM:2343

All are welcome. We have a small mix of euro and US gamers. We would like more people on. So pop buy and jump in a channel if youd like.

Last edited:
XCOM - the new one isn't half bad
You might like this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223830/

I've been playing Battlefield 4. It's become my guilty pleasure. Picked up the premium edition for $35 when it was on sale (which is a good deal). Put myself through the campaign once because I just felt like I had to (I don't recommend it, it's just sad), but mostly been playing MP of course. i feel like I can't do -all in jets because everyone is level 100+ with everything unlocked and all I have is the default kit which is apparently not that great at all when it comes to not dying. Or maybe I keep forgetting to use the IR flares...

Still hate the modern FPS unlock system of having to unlock attachments for every single gun individually. It's also really weird that the default gun for the classes seems to be better than everything else.

I rarely put as many hours into a game as I have put into ED.
ED is not the only game in the world though. I never limit myself to one single game.
I always play several games at the 'same' time.

Currently I play ED, Crysis 3, GTA V (just released on PC) and several other games.

I got short on free time and Elite was demanding more than I had for the time thus on the break. So I decided to try Dragonage: Inquisition. Big mistake, never again. Will pass on the GTA5 since I'm positive it's another trap :) For now it's just a quick runs in Killing Floor 1/2 where I can leave whenever I want/need.

I got short on free time and Elite was demanding more than I had for the time thus on the break. So I decided to try Dragonage: Inquisition. Big mistake, never again. Will pass on the GTA5 since I'm positive it's another trap :) For now it's just a quick runs in Killing Floor 1/2 where I can leave whenever I want/need.
You should try Race the Sun. Perfect for small windows of time.

Last edited:
I logged in to check for updates and discovered there is now a new Bata option. Loaded than and had a look.

Start for the begining, with two ships. 100,000 credits.

New ships cost 100Cr. I bought an Anaconda.

Bit of a surf around the stars, then crash. Error message says my computer doesn't meed hardware minimums.

Nice!

There's this fascinating little game I found on the Google Play store. Amongst all the clones, wallet vampires, and garbage I found Does Not Commute.

You have to drive a little car from A to B. Sounds simple, right? Well once you do that, time rewinds and you have to do it again with a different car. The catch? The first car you drove is still there and will still travel the path you drove the first time around. You do this 13-ish times before moving on the the next level. Oh and you have a minute to do all 13 (but you can collect time boosters). The game is free but in order to use checkpoints between levels you have to buy the full version. So basically, the Harcore version is free and Normal mode costs money. Each care also comes with a couple of sentences of story. Like the schoolbus driver who thinks the best part about driving a bus full of noisy kids is that "nobody can hear you cry".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediocre.commute&hl=en

Elite has utterly dominated my gaming since last November. That said, when I'm on my commuter train, and when I'm not reading E: D stuff that I've downloaded to my iPad, I play Monument Valley, Osmos, Asphalt and Bastion. Oh, and Silverpoint which is an Absolut vodka / Punchdrunk theatre collaborative puzzle game thing.

Playing Rocksmith 2014 a lot.

My problem with ED is this.
1 it's MMO, scraped SP part.
2 flight model very unreal, well I am more hardcore. So full Newtonian with a forever drift until you counter that force.

But will try it someday.

Maybe in another year.... I'll try stardrive 2 :)
I really enjoyed the first, and was really looking forward to 2 ... Then I discovered ED, now that's all that will grace my screen:D

6 months in and it's only getting better :)

Last edited:
So does it solve yank the stick to turn your speed Vector is reverse like a drift backwards.
I honestly don't remember. I haven't touched ED since January.

But from memory it makes your spaceship act like an actual spaceship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom