What other games are we all playing?

I stole a black Arabian horse in Saint Denis. Later I read that one of the updates from R* removed that possibility.

You should definitely take your time with everything. It's totally worth every minute you spend.

I think that was what I read, about the Arabian horse.
If Rockstar removed it then that's okay with me, there are enough horses to go around.

I'm actually stunned by the sheer beauty of this game, in 4k and hdr support it looks absolutely fantastic.
Quite often I just stop my horse and enjoy the view.
Plus up untill now I haven't encountered a single bug, they're most likely there but so far I had a very smooth playthrough.

The white Arabian is up near where you start...in the snow along the west side of Lake Isabella...if you can catch it, it's kinda skittish.

For anyone who doesn't mind a few spoilers on where to find things, this is a great tool for RDR2...it doesn't affect the story in any way, isn't a cheat...just a great tool.

Don't go using it then blaming me for spoilers :rolleyes: ...I'm on my 4th playthrough and it comes in very handy.

Red Dead Redemption 2 interactive map

Very nice map, it's very usefull for when you think you cleared an area and want to know if you missed something.
I rather find stuff on my own though, just riding around and camp overnight etc. you stumble on all kinds of events and people.

Lord of Midnight? been a while since i played that one, but once in a while i still play Master of Magic :)

Lords of Midnight was the only speccy game I completed in my youth.....save system was bunk (my cassette player clearly not good enough!), so one day I started playing early in the morning (must have been a weekend or school holidays) played it ALL day and begged my parents to let me stay up late and defeat Doomdark. MANY good memories of that game. :)

Never beat Doomdark's Revenge on Spectrum, but a year or so ago I got the updated version on PC and finally did it.

I never played Master of Magic, but I try to get as many updated "old" games as I possibly can.....recently got "Beneath a Steel Sky" Amiga classic.....Still play XWing and TIE fighter games too.

It's a crime that RDR2 hasn't moved to PC also. :(

Agreed. Just think about the amazing possibilities it would have on PC! I mean the graphics are great but most textures are really low res and trees could go with slightly denser foliage. Little things that could improve the experience even more on PC.

Same as the first. Though maybe they pull a GTA5 and it does come around in a year or two.

This is what I'm hoping, bought GTAV on PS3 and really enjoyed it (despite losing a LOT of the fun mini game stuff from San Andreas), rebought it on PC a while back and really enjoyed it again...in fact IIRC I bought it as a tester to see if RDR2 would run on my PC. Bring the Cowboys to PC R*!!

Aye. Console exclusivity periods aside i don't see why they would turn down the extra revenue. Little bit baffling. I'm no expert in the field but I can only think there are some tech difficulties that prevent this.
They updated the engine from GTAV so I can't really see any issues...RDR1 had spaghetti code which prevented it being ported to PC (or so I've read) but RDR2? No idea why Rockstar seem intent to limit the market on the best game of the decade...I suspect they'll be anticipating double dipping from Xbox/PS4 owners also buying it on PC like GTAV after the year delay it took to come over to PC.

EDIT: So I'm bored of E:D after playing less hours of it then almost any other game I've bought in the last two years. I find myself going back to older games and reliving the excitements.

So what are ya'll playing to hold you over? What are you waiting for that will bring you back to E:D?

Me: Coh2, Sim city 5, a little bf4 and some Heroes and Generals

You get a like from me for mentioning BF4 and not those other two followup failures. :D

Often i can't decide what to play, i kinda have a general tiredness of gaming but i can't quite put my finger on it.
I like VR games, but often i can't be bothered with using the HMD.

They updated the engine from GTAV so I can't really see any issues...RDR1 had spaghetti code which prevented it being ported to PC (or so I've read) but RDR2? No idea why Rockstar seem intent to limit the market on the best game of the decade...I suspect they'll be anticipating double dipping from Xbox/PS4 owners also buying it on PC like GTAV after the year delay it took to come over to PC.

They are gonna do the same as they did with GTA V.

While BF4 got a beating for the 360-->XBone double release (they first released the 360 version, and a month later the XBone version, causing everyone to buy both, even though they first said it would come as a free update to owners, which it didn'T)

Rockstar had the timing on spot, not giving them a backlash for the same strategy.

RDR2 will come either in the Fall or next Spring, i'm pretty certain.

Last edited:
I loved RDR on my XB360, how much better (aside from graphics obviously) is RDR2?
I loved RDR too on the 360...even on the Xbone since it has backward compat....I played it after my first run through RDR2 and found it a bit difficult having to revert back. RDR 2 is pretty phenomenal...even by comparison to RDR.

I run it on an X one X but still in 1080p...I'm only sat a couple of feet away from my bottom 4K monitor so I don't really feel 4K does anything special on the monitor compared to a TV display... I just fired the Xbox through an HDMi splitter with auto switch. Fire up the Xbox and all the PC stuff flicks onto the top monitor and flips back to a double monitor desktop once I close the Xbox down....saves evicting the missus from in front of the TV then ;)

Last edited:
I loved RDR on my XB360, how much better (aside from graphics obviously) is RDR2?

You cant really compare them. Apart from the plot, RDR2 is a whole other experience. Playing RDR1 today makes me realise how far the industry has evolved. RDR2 is just light years ahead of its predecessor.

I loved RDR too on the 360...even on the Xbone since it has backward compat....I played it after my first run through RDR2 and found it a bit difficult having to revert back. RDR 2 is pretty phenomenal...even by comparison to RDR.

I run it on an X one X but still in 1080p...I'm only sat a couple of feet away from my bottom 4K monitor so I don't really feel 4K does anything special on the monitor compared to a TV display... I just fired the Xbox through an HDMi splitter with auto switch. Fire up the Xbox and all the PC stuff flicks onto the top monitor and flips back to a double monitor desktop once I close the Xbox down....saves evicting the missus from in front of the TV then ;)

One of the things that stands out when playing RDR on my 360 is the horrendous aliasing. I can imagine 4k on the X looks a lot smoother.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Saw GTA VC on steam for £5.99 decided to have a bit of an nostalgia blast.

Spent the next few hours happily wallowing in nostalgic fun as what a great game it was and still is.

I've been replaying the 'Uncharted' series on my PS4. I'm now half-way through 'Uncharted 3'.

I'd had it in my head that I disliked 'Uncharted 2' quite a lot, but replaying it has made me think it might be my favourite of the series. Nepal is gorgeous.

I've always liked the Uncharted series - the stories are bobbins but the banter is top-notch.

You cant really compare them. Apart from the plot, RDR2 is a whole other experience. Playing RDR1 today makes me realise how far the industry has evolved. RDR2 is just light years ahead of its predecessor.

One of the things that stands out when playing RDR on my 360 is the horrendous aliasing. I can imagine 4k on the X looks a lot smoother.

What always fascinated me the most about RDR was the superb environment design, no matter how jagged the pixels were,
it still looked awesome no matter what "biome" you went to. I'm still having to wait to play RDR2. Even though i own a Day-One XBone it wouldn't really live up to it.
And honestly, in 360 times i bought like 3 consoles over the con-gen's lifespan because they all broke down. Not gonna ever get either a S or X XBone, fool me once.. :)
So gotta play the waiting game even if it proves much harder than i thought it would. I feel like a n00b while everyone talks about it, and me being a RDR first day fan,
not being able to join in on the talk. Sad Panda Face

I surely hope RDR2 comes to pc too, this is a to good of a game and I think as many people as possible should be able to enjoy it.
I run it on my Xbox One X in 4k on a good 4k tv with hdr support and it looks fantastic.
The gameplay is second to none with tons of content and no micro transactions, everything is available right there.
I wish there were more devs out there producing these kind of quality games.

Once I make it back from Beagle Point in a day or two, I'm probably going to fire up Fallout 4 for another run through. I'm also quite into Derail Valley (train driving/commerce game).

Top Bottom