What other games are we all playing?

See, i find it silly anyone could possibly believe it won't come out on PC.....eventually.
It's too much money to just leave on the table.
If there was a place where i could bet on it, i'd gladly put down a couple of hundred bucks.:)
See, people said the same about the first RDR. :LOL:

Finally got Red Dead Redemption II on sale for my PS4 - holy smoking cow this game is addictive and beautiful. ED is officially now on the back-burner / external drive.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with my PS4 - shadows, lighting, antialiasing, fog, textures, geometry, draw distance, physics - they are freaking amazing in this game! RDR2 puts ED to shame in the graphics department, and it easily matches it if not surpasses it in the audio department as well. I do miss the spaceships on occasion, makes me desperately want a Firefly game - best of both worlds!

ps - no spoilers please, I'm still just in chapter 2. I might be here awhile, as I'm having fun hunting and exploring.
Hey Duck
Please give updates about how your enjoying RDR2.
I've been thinking about getting it. Just need a little push.
Thanks

I think at the time there were some technical limitations, GTA IV too was a poor port to PC as far as I know. However, with GTAV it changed so I'd think a PC port should be in the cards.
The original RDR is still one of the best games I've ever played, acually that is the only game I miss from my old PS3 times.

As about other games, especially as I uninstalled Elite after almost four years. :(

I bought AC Origins, that is the only 2d game that makes use of my 1080ti and... wow, this game is a proper eye candy! Many say Black Flag is the definitive AC, but I hate the sailing mechanics and it feels like a remastered PS3 game, especially compared to Origins. I'm looking forward playing it through, and then picking up Odyssey as well!
I bought American Truck Simulator, but graphics in VR are kindeóa underwhelming. Otherwise it is a nice game unless my trailer gets stuck. :)

Mutant Year Zero is still discounted and heavily contemplating picking it up now.

And yeah, otherwise I'm still playing World of Warships. :)

I think at the time there were some technical limitations, GTA IV too was a poor port to PC as far as I know. However, with GTAV it changed so I'd think a PC port should be in the cards.
The original RDR is still one of the best games I've ever played, acually that is the only game I miss from my old PS3 times.

As about other games, especially as I uninstalled Elite after almost four years. :(

I bought AC Origins, that is the only 2d game that makes use of my 1080ti and... wow, this game is a proper eye candy! Many say Black Flag is the definitive AC, but I hate the sailing mechanics and it feels like a remastered PS3 game, especially compared to Origins. I'm looking forward playing it through, and then picking up Odyssey as well!
I bought American Truck Simulator, but graphics in VR are kindeóa underwhelming. Otherwise it is a nice game unless my trailer gets stuck. :)

Mutant Year Zero is still discounted and heavily contemplating picking it up now.

And yeah, otherwise I'm still playing World of Warships. :)
Heheh, I just installed WoWs, yesterday and played two battles. Got my butt kicked pretty bad.
And if you like graphics in Origins, wait until you try Odyssey!

Hey Duck
Please give updates about how your enjoying RDR2.
I've been thinking about getting it. Just need a little push.
Thanks
This is my first Rockstar game. While the open world of GTA intrigued me, I'm not a fan of the GTA ethos. I didn't pay RDR much mind because I assumed it was a "Grand Theft Horse" version of GTA. When RDR2 was set to release, I researched it and came to the conclusion it's something different than GTA, and my playthrough so far (which is only up through chapter 2) has validated this assessment. I prefer being the "honorable" thief, as much as the story allows, and the game and the gang reminds me alot of Firefly. The world seems much more realistic for the era it portrays than GTA as well. And what a stunningly beautiful world!

It's got lots of micromanagement and "minigames", but I enjoy that. Perhaps after my 100th bath and shave I'll be sick of the micromanagement, but compared to a game like NMS, it feels balanced right now. I enjoy playing a game like this more slowly, taking my time, enjoying off-mission activities like hunting, fishing (though I've yet to get my pole), identifying plants and animals, taking pictures, looking for dinosaur bones, and who knows what else I've yet to unlock. I hear the story is kinda depressing by the end (no spoilers please), so I'm in no rush to "finish" it.

The graphics and sound and environment are freak'n AMAZING! It's likely the best-looking game on my PS4, though some of that opinion is based on my preference of environments. For example, Spider-Man also has amazing graphics, but I'm a country boy who prefers the wilderness and plains to the busy streets of NYC. Graphics-wise, it definitely makes puts ED to shame on my console, though many games do LOL.

It also shows that single-player games are far from dead. RDR2's world feels more "alive and populated" as a single-player game than many multiplayer games. NPCs in RDR2 feel like actual characters living real lives in their era. Many multiplayer / MMO games just feel like a bunch of people playing a video game together, especially when players do things totally out-of-context like jumping around like a deranged moron. I find the former way more immersive. The latter often turns the game into a theme park or "The Amazing Race". That said, I just started experimenting with RDR2 Online, and I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I do like creating my own characters, so we'll see.

Anyway, this is turning into a wall of text, so let me know if you have any specific questions. I'm playing on 'humble' PS4 Slim and am super impressed!

Heheh, I just installed WoWs, yesterday and played two battles. Got my butt kicked pretty bad.
And if you like graphics in Origins, wait until you try Odyssey!

Yeah WOWs is the that game you need to be in the flow. I had my ups and downs to the extreme, the matchmaking in this game is definitely driven by strange 'player experience' algos, and I hate it for this. :)

AC for me is always a strange offering. On one hand it has extremely good details in the open world with loads of content, but the gameplay is clunky comared to Rockstar games (I guess the dev cycle is too short, especially compard to R*). However, Origins made a way better impression than Black Flag so far.

If you haven't already, get the Assassin Origins Curse of the Pharaohs DLC - its easily 20-30h of new content on the completely new map. For the current price its a steal.

If you haven't already, get the Assassin Origins Curse of the Pharaohs DLC - its easily 20-30h of new content on the completely new map. For the current price its a steal.

Thanks for the heads-up! I will see how fast I'll progress and will definitely consider it. Odyssey is getting cheap too - so much content, so little time (with three kids)!

Thanks for the heads-up! I will see how fast I'll progress and will definitely consider it. Odyssey is getting cheap too - so much content, so little time (with three kids)!
Well, Odyssey when it came out took me 150 hours to beat, second (100%) playthrough even more and I now have 50+ hours in its two DLCs (the second one is just the first chapter, though but is bloody massive. :D
If you decide to stick with the series, you may as well file for a divorce. :p

Fair enough, but at that time (9 years ago) it wasn't nearly as hot a piece of property as it is now.
Admitted, i'm not following the game or Rockstar's stance on a PC version in detail.
It's just that from a commercial point of view and from my general observations of the games industry i can't see it not happening.
Pure opinion that of course, and i'm not looking for an argument. I'm not invested in RDR in any way, shape or form.
I'll certainly have a closer look at it though if/when it hits PC.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but at that time (9 years ago) it wasn't nearly as hot a piece of property as it is now.
Admitted, i'm not following the game or Rockstar's stance on a PC version in detail.
It's just that from a commercial point of view and from my general observations of the games industry i can't see it not happen.
Perhaps Rockstar sees that PC gaming is dead and that consoles (and someday streaming services) are the future 😜

Perhaps Rockstar sees that PC gaming is dead and that consoles (and someday streaming services) are the future 😜

Yes, perhaps.
And given how often PC gaming has been declared dead by now, perhaps they should get themselves a more reliable crystal ball.:)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Well, that's because Chris Roberts hasn't saved PC gaming yet. Just give him time!
Well, he certainly opened the eyes of many PC gamers when comes to monetization. :LOL:
Suddenly things like a simple DLC season pass, which was something I really hated the idea of, just a couple years ago, doesn't look that bad, any more.

So he's helping. I'm just not sure whom.

Top Bottom