What other games are we all playing?

Finished my first complete Ck2 game (142 hours), it will go down as one of the most glorious and memorable gaming experiences in my entire life.

Bought all the dlc and get to relearn most of the game again.

First playthrough of Rim-World. This is my best colony so far:

RLKzCKp.jpg

Finally I managed that my geothermal powerplant and the heat exhaust from my cooling units are effectively heating my living-quarters and recreation rooms. I think I'll have to extend my Muffalo barn with outdoor meadow next, before I go and conquer the neighborhood.

Unfortunatly my best negotiator died to malaria, and it seems quit hard to train social skills for my untalented lot. But hey, maybe the next escaped prisoners will be good at social skills. Or one of the next bandits attacking my camp. Injured bandits always have been the best recruits for me after some harsh treatment in my luxury cell.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Still playing ESO daily. Have hit 27k dps now. I'm starting to see that I am capable of gitting gud at MMO.

Downloaded Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday and I'm pretty impressed.
Can't beat a bit of stealthy :)
It's an incredibly impressive game to actually play, and it has a phenomenally cohesive sense of art design (though snarkier people might reduce that down to 'everything's coloured black or gold'... ), but I think it's a fairly terrible Deus Ex. The story and themes are simplistic and reductive compared to where the series headed (re the timeline).

Still, aside from ultimately being the low-IQ sibling in the Deus Ex family, it's a really well made game, and Adam Jensen's an endearingly goofy badass lead - a mash-up of Clint Eastwood (for the voice, of course), The Matrix's Neo, and a neo-cyberpunk Wolverine...

Adam's voice actor (Elias Toufexis) appears in The Expanse, too.
Been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey, have to say I'm enjoying it so far.
It's a great game, but some can take against it if they 'play it wrong', which for Odyssey generally means either shotgunning the story, or simply treating it like a true open-worlder, i.e. just wandering in whatever direction you like.

Odyssey's a colossal game, and to play it at its own pace means letting the story lead you through the map, from region to region, whilst polishing off various sidequests and tasks (by no means 100% each area, mind) before moving on. Played like that, as 'intended', it seems, and the game has a really nice, steady pace to it, and after a certain point the whole world begins to open up, and you can start to pick and choose.

Ubisoft have supported it remarkably well, too, just recently adding a bare-bones mission/story editor.

I hated the Loot system in that game. I remember the point I pretty much gave up on it. I'd had an enormous struggle of some sort and gotten to meet my father who gave me his sword of amazing and utterly profoundness it was a proud moment. Not 5 mins after that I've found some scrub bandit with a better one handing my backside to me.

Enough.

I hated the Loot system in that game. I remember the point I pretty much gave up on it. I'd had an enormous struggle of some sort and gotten to meet my father who gave me his sword of amazing and utterly profoundness it was a proud moment. Not 5 mins after that I've found some scrub bandit with a better one handing my backside to me.
Firstly; spoilers?

Secondly; I'm still using that very sword at level--- er, 62 or something.

On one hand Odyssey's upgrades economy is fundamentally broken... (or was. they may've tweaked it via updates) It's a game about accruing lots of loot, but you're punished for acquiring lots of it because you then can't afford to maintain their levels. Unlock a certain merc perk, and the cost's radically drop, but that's a hefty investment of time and effort (I think. I played it very slow, so I'm sure others could speed the merc progression up).

Nothing matters but Legendary sets, so once you've built - or simply bought - one or two to a handful of favoured sets, you're more or less set for the entire game. Treating the acquisition of loot in Odyssey as an acquisition of weapon and gear skins is more helpful; get Legendary sets, and then tweak the visuals as you see fit.

They also added a loadouts quick-select, so you can effortlessly switch between combinations of gear. You have to pay [in-game] coin to unlock them, because of course you do... but it's not too hard to unlock three (one per role; Warrior/Hunter/Assassin), and then you don't need the extra two slots.

As a quasi-A/RPG, Odyssey is a fairly fumbled, well-meaning attempt. But I think the incredible world design, pretty good writing (for an AC), engaging lead (at least with Kassandra), and solid story/stories easily carries it.

Yeah probably should've spoilered that it's been out ages now and sorta assumed the populace here would've played it by now if inclined.

It's still a poor loot system as least in my opinion.

"this land is my land" is out!
https://www.thislandmyland.com/

well, it's been more than 3 weeks already but i just got wind yesterday. i've been waiting for this like a kid before christmas for over a year, yay!

note this is unfinished, an early build, work in progress, tons of bugs, but it's already playable and testable. and it's looking damn good, imo.
just giving notice in case there is another sleepy nut like me around who might miss this :)

well, it's been more than 3 weeks already but i just got wind yesterday. i've been waiting for this like a kid before christmas for over a year, yay!

note this is unfinished, an early build, work in progress, tons of bugs, but it's already playable and testable. and it's looking damn good, imo.
just giving notice in case there is another sleepy nut like me around who might miss this :)

Had never heard of that game, it sounds awesome. Will definitively give it a try.

Last edited:

Can you play as a settler to keep it fair and balanced, or is this just a "kill whitey" simulator?

Can you play as a settler to keep it fair and balanced, or is this just a "kill whitey" simulator?

you can only play a (male) native. there have been voices asking for females, but i don't think gamelabs will indulge.

the game saves are called 'resistances' and track the days you survive and the % of land you manage to "take back". i've only played a bit so i have no idea if it's possible to get to 100%, but i wouldn't be surprised if the ultimate ending is always the full land grab and destruction of your way of life by the "whitey", so a few generations down the road can talk about fairness on the internet, dunno if that counts :D but imo that's how fair as it gets in such an historically themed game (with its many licenses, no doubt).

Last edited:
you can only play a (male) native. there have been voices asking for females, but i don't think gamelabs will indulge.

the game saves are called 'resistances' and track the days you survive and the % of land you manage to "take back". i've only played a bit so i have no idea if it's possible to get to 100%, but i wouldn't be surprised if the ultimate ending is always the full land grab and destruction of your way of life by the "whitey", so a few generations down the road can talk about fairness on the internet, dunno if that counts :D but imo that's how fair as it gets in such an historically themed game (with its many licenses, no doubt).
Honestly, the idea seems pretty dodgy to put it mildly. Would people be all right with a game about the settlers wiping out indigenous people? I think we all know the answer to that one. The weird part is that it's all the rage right now bashing CDProject Red for their handling of race & gender issues in a dystopian futuristic game world that was created for just that purpose of making people uncomfortable, while this game seems to be flying right under the radar because "whitey finally gets his" or sentiment to that effect. Rather disgusting imo.

Top Bottom