What other games are we all playing?

Bought xcom2. I played the xcom demo, never liked it, but 2 seems ok. Have no idea what I'm doing. Ran through the tutorial, not sure I'm going to enjoy the game.

Kingdom Come Deliverance (amazing so far, resonating with me more than a video game should, really) and lots and lots of D&D with my kids. I started them on 5th Edition beginner stuff about a year ago, and they've since graduated and are in the middle of Curse of Strahd now, the updated version of the penultimate horror rpg Ravenloft. Whether I'm actually playing with them, or just working to organize the adventure and prepare for new sessions, it's a total blast. My brother's and I were little D&D nerds, it's pretty cool to see my kids turning out to be nerds, too😂

Bought xcom2. I played the xcom demo, never liked it, but 2 seems ok. Have no idea what I'm doing. Ran through the tutorial, not sure I'm going to enjoy the game.

One of my all-time favorite franchises, I'm actually doing a re-run myself of X-Com 2.

I love tactical turn-based combat games, unfortunately there's so few of them (at least good ones), but IMO both X-COM and X-COM 2 nailed it.

Thanks to a post in the SC thread i got... no, not Star Citizen, but Endless Space 2. Fantastic turn based space strategy game. Highly addictive.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Vanilla Xcom 2 is another game sitting in my library unplayed. How much do the dlc add to the enjoyment of it?

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen DLC, (much like Enemy Within DLC for XCOM 1) can be shortly defined as "XCOM 2 with loads more good stuff in it". :) I couldn't go back to vanilla now. But being absolutely honest, vanilla XCOM 2 is a great game on it's own, the DLC only makes it even better.

No other games make me feel a heavy heart when I lose a good squad member like the XCOM games, i have sometimes called retreat and bolted mid-mission just because some soldier which had already grown to become a walking death machine got hit and was bleeding out, and I'd rather fail the mission than lose him/her. You do get attached to your soldiers that much :)

If you have never played XCOM games before, I think the best would be to give it a go on vanilla first, as you may find you don't actually enjoy it (or the genre) that much after all. But if you do enjoy it, the War of the Chosen DLC is worth every penny.

some very good suggestions there!

i would highly recommend another gem from the "endless" guys, "dungeon of the endless".

it's an interesting mix of roguelike and tower defense, actually quite hard but with loads of good humor, can be played in short stints and is a lot of fun in coop.

Decided it's too hot at the moment to play ED and after the two trade CG's seems to have gone very quiet on that front.

So I've fired up Farming Simulator 17, dusted off one of the UK maps (Oakfield Farm) I was working on. With Seasons and a few other mods installed the whole thing is strangely compelling, who would have thought mowing a field, tedding the hay then baling it would be cracking entertainment. Or planning where to put your tomato and lettuce greenhouses then realising you haven't left enough room to manoeuvre the water tanker or manure scoop to service the plants. At the moment with Seasons there's an element of Fast Forward simulator waiting for the summer months to arrive so I can start harvesting my crops, but there's always tree cutting and logging to keep me occupied.

I really need to try FS19 at some point, but when it first came out was quite buggy and seemed the developer had dropped the ball on a few aspects. However it's been out a few months now, some mods and maps are starting to emerge so probably worth another look.

Since summer vacation started over here my son and I picked up Ark Survival Evolved again after a long time.
We bought Aberration and Extinction and made a fresh start.
Aberration is hard, I mean realy hard, this whole place is out to kill you but it's incredible fun when you learn to take the right measures.
There are great new tools to counter this harsh world, glider wings, bio hazard suits, and some very nice new dinos to tame too.
Ark already was a great survival game but if you like a real challenge I can highly recommend Aberrration.

I think Wildcard made a good design choice by making it split screen on console, Ark is one of the best couch co-op games out there imho.

Since summer vacation started over here my son and I picked up Ark Survival Evolved again after a long time.
We bought Aberration and Extinction and made a fresh start.
Aberration is hard, I mean realy hard, this whole place is out to kill you but it's incredible fun when you learn to take the right measures.
There are great new tools to counter this harsh world, glider wings, bio hazard suits, and some very nice new dinos to tame too.
Ark already was a great survival game but if you like a real challenge I can highly recommend Aberrration.

I think Wildcard made a good design choice by making it split screen on console, Ark is one of the best couch co-op games out there imho.

Yeah, abberation is evil. Even the plants are out to kill you!

I made a mistake and headed downward looking for resources. Found myself in a very nasty place with lots of powerful hostile creatures and got turned around and lost. I was running and climbing for ages, with nasties chasing me all over the place. Finally got out thanks to the use of climbing hooks, but it was like 30 minutes of pure panic.

Still dusting off my Steam library and went back to building crazy rockets in KSP and similar game Simple Rockets. I also have Children of the Dead Earth and noticed that due to some big update most of my library got broke so need to re design my fleet there as well - the part of my brain responsible for creativity is happy again :D

Yeah, abberation is evil. Even the plants are out to kill you!

I made a mistake and headed downward looking for resources. Found myself in a very nasty place with lots of powerful hostile creatures and got turned around and lost. I was running and climbing for ages, with nasties chasing me all over the place. Finally got out thanks to the use of climbing hooks, but it was like 30 minutes of pure panic.

Lol yeah, we went into the blue zone, so unprepared!!!!!
It took about ten minutes untill we got crowded by nameless creatures and while running away the freezing spores took care of us both.
It was a mess but we had a good laugh.

I am back to loving the hell out of Pathfinder: Kingmaker with that absolutely BRILLIANT turn-based mod. Holy cow, is that one clever modder.

Well worth checking out on Nexus, assigning a hotkey to it to turn it on and off -- PERFECT.

Top Bottom