What other games are we all playing?

I finally got around to getting Everspace.

So far, I'm enjoying it quite a lot. What took me so long? :) Easy to recommend for space sim or 6DOF flight fans. It's exactly what it says on the tin: Descent and FTL had a baby, and raised it on a steady diet of Rogue Legacy.

My only real complaint is that the joystick support is pretty awful. I eventually managed to get something workable, but it required downloading some joystick curves software to compensate for the over-sensitivity, and even then there's some weird jerky movement going on at times. It's perfectly playable with KBMouse, but I enjoy using my sticks too much so I'll put up with the rough edges.

Meanwhile, the rest of the game is gorgeous and fun. The "Normal" difficulty feels like it may end up being on the easy side once I've leveled up some perks, but I figure I'll let that happen until I finish the story and then switch to Hardcore instead. In the meantime, Elite is likely going to stay shelved unless a particularly compelling event comes along.

Finally got around to giving Skyrim VR a proper go... it's been in my library since launch

15 hours over two days later :eek:o_O:sneaky:
I haven't played Skyrim VR, but I did spend quite some time with the Fallout VR. It's quite something.
We can moan about Bethesda all we want but the truth is that Elite aside, the Skyrim and Fallout are some of the very few REAL games for VR.

I haven't played Skyrim VR, but I did spend quite some time with the Fallout VR. It's quite something.
We can moan about Bethesda all we want but the truth is that Elite aside, the Skyrim and Fallout are some of the very few REAL games for VR.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I took a quick peek at F4 and Skyrim VR when they came out and I found Both a bit clunky at the time. I thought they were both cool in concept, but that's about it. I've since upgraded my PC, the games have been updated, I assume, and the experience has been improved.

Skyrim VR runs like a dream now, with everything on high and super sampling %200+ with mods.

You've reminded me, I must go back and try F4 VR again

Aside of World of Warships and AC Origins, with the family away, I started sinking time into Hearts of Iron IV... it is like Civ used to be for me, last time I fired it up I played till 1 AM... Great game, finally a Paradox grand strategy I managed to get around to actually start learning the basics.

Angry Birds VR is fun, and Oculus actually suprised me to be plug&play months and updates later.

I still haven't tried others I picked up during Summer Sale, that is: Pavlov VR and AC Odyssey (will finish AC Origins Hidden Ones first, the main campiagn is done). :)

Finally got around to giving Skyrim VR a proper go... it's been in my library since launch

I also went all in with mods and stuff, but for me it was too intense, and natural locomotion on hillsides made me sick too - even though I am Elite SRV-proofed. Might give it another try.

Inquisitor: Martyr

Hosing down Nurglings with a heavy flamer is very on-brand.

I wanted to buy it because I liked their previous Van Helsing game but I'm still having doubts. I currently spend all my free time on Path of Exile. At first, it was like a Diablo-clone no-brainer to me, but then I got sucked into it. But the last league made the game harder at some point, but thanks to this I managed to make the Eternal labyrinth run. I think I'll order one run more soon.

I wanted to buy it because I liked their previous Van Helsing game but I'm still having doubts. I currently spend all my free time on Path of Exile. At first, it was like a Diablo-clone no-brainer to me, but then I got sucked into it. But the last league made the game harder at some point, but thanks to this I managed to make the Eternal labyrinth run. I think I'll order one run more soon.
I don't play many dungeon crawler-type games. I got this on a Steam sale, and as I enjoy the 40K universe it's fun in that context. There's a lot of DLC that I'm a bit suspicious about as some aspects (crafting, etc) are a bit grindy in vanilla.

I did play a PoE for a while years ago. It was an utter time-sink so I uninstalled it once I got bored of it the first time and have not loaded it since! Got the Baldur s Gate games too somewhere on CD but that's about it.

I miss Skyrim VR. I sent back my PSVR after about a month due to dead pixels, but I really enjoyed being "in" Skyrim during that time (once I got past the nausea). I didn't replace the PSVR because the resolution was too low for my liking, but at least I got to experience it!

Might try this

I miss Skyrim VR. I sent back my PSVR after about a month due to dead pixels, but I really enjoyed being "in" Skyrim during that time (once I got past the nausea). I didn't replace the PSVR because the resolution was too low for my liking, but at least I got to experience it!

Very pretty too, as I've gone down the rabbit hole of mods...

My res is okay, Im using a Pimax 5k+

Got myself the Empires of the Undergrowth, yesterday and it turned into an all-nighter.
Really captivating game.
Strategy/builder/manager of an ant colony.
Still in development with only about a quarter of the story mode and overall content, but it has really fun freeplay (sandbox) and is a ton of fun if you enjoy watching ants scurrying around.

Plus it has an amazing narrator, whose urgent and serious tone of delivering messages like "Intruders broke into the nest. The eggs must be protected!" or "A battle occurred!" is just hilarious. :D

Few days ago I found Warframe. Not exactly my kind of game I thought, but gave it a shot. And I’m having a great time! Being a badass space ninja with lots of badass weapons and powers kicking bad guys asses! And spaceships and stuff!

Few days ago I found Warframe. Not exactly my kind of game I thought, but gave it a shot. And I’m having a great time! Being a badass space ninja with lots of badass weapons and powers kicking bad guys asses! And spaceships and stuff!
Just beware the grind. If you thought Elite is a grind you ain't seen nothing, yet. :LOL:
I played Warframe for several years, but ultimately gave up because I reached a point where every next thing I decided to do took literally weeks to grind for.

Giving A Plague Tale Innocence a go.
Graphics are absolutely insanely beautiful and feels truly next-generation. And the actors, especially Amicia's voice actress who's 17 years old, are really great.
But oh my frikkin God the game mechanics feels so 90s!! Its frustrating how a game can recieve so much praise just because of its presentation without considering the most simplistic mechanics. I dont even feel I'm playing a game. It's more like I'm following strict instructions and you cant do anything except gladly accept it.
Think Last of Us but with an AI that is laughable...

Just beware the grind. If you thought Elite is a grind you ain't seen nothing, yet. :LOL:
I played Warframe for several years, but ultimately gave up because I reached a point where every next thing I decided to do took literally weeks to grind for.
Î didnt mind it as much as ED - at least I get to decide what content I tackle and OP stuff doesnt spawn randomly on me.

Top Bottom