What other games are we all playing?

And on the topic of regional pricing. Origin for example locks games sold in Poland to polish / russian languages almost everytime. I literally cannot buy an English-language game on origin, went as far as to ask support about it. "Buy it retail somewhere else and use code to activate" was the answer. And the price doesn't show signs of any discount whatsoever. So eff origin, I am buying your games from greenmangaming and other sources.

still playing grinding ED for upcoming FC update But have other games (too many to count tbh) to keep the grind from getting stale. Alternating between

RPGs: Bully, RDR 2, Kingdom Come, heavily modded versions of: Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout NV/Fallout 3/Tale of Two Wastelands, GTA V

Simulations: Sims 3

Strategy building Sims: Tropico 5, Civ V

City building: Caesar IV, Zeus Master of Olympus, SimCity 4, Cities: Skylines

Space simulations: Empyrion Galactic & Space Engineers (had some excellent DLC recently drop)

edit: now you can clearly see where my obsession with potentially future ED features the likes of space legs, immersive game environments (i.e. space station interiors, atmospheric planets, FPS 'Goids, space fauna), space weather/Holo Me survival elements, and space crafting/building comes from :LOL:

Last edited:
This Humble Bumble gets mixed reviews (including some very negative ones). What do you folks think about it?

Depends what you mean. There's two things - one is the Humble Bundle, which is a subscription service like Playstation Plus in which you get a few random curated games every month. They're usually pretty varied, and there's one or two "blockbuster" games within. I like it - it means I always have something new to play.

Then there's the Humble Store, which is like cdkeys, in that it gives discounts on PC games (10% off automatically you get the Humble Bundle).

Both are fine. 🤷‍♀️

I m currently dabbling around in Borderlands 3, cannot make myself to touch anything else at the moment. Whenever I grow tired and log out I usually browse various info sites, videos, streams etc and am back in after a short break :)

Well after its launch back in 2016 I didn't think I would say this about NMS but this for me is the best game I have played since elite dangerous. it is the 1st game to really want me to go back into VR and play just a bit more for ages.... have already had a few 1am sessions (harder now when i may be getting up any time after 5:30 in the morning.)

Whilst it is limited in some areas it is just so cool playing in VR. ,(Without it it would not interest me much)

forgetting the lack of galaxy sim and the cartoony visuals, 1 seemingly simple thing where i think FD could really learn from it is the story campaign in it.

whilst everyone essentially gets exactly the same story, because it changes to fit around what ever systems you are flying in it works really well. I am finding the story in NMS lightyears ahead of any narrative in Elite....... Considering both are procedural space games and both are optionally multiplayer, i see no reason at all why FD couldn't implement something similar in ED. It does a really good job of hiding the fact we are all doing the same story, and it is obviously hand crafted which is nice too (albeit with the smaller procedural missions on top as well). The other thing as well is it is entirely optional.... if that kind of scripting thing is not your bag then just ignore it.

I also love the abilty to find wrecked ships and to be able to salvage them to fly again. I think FD could do a much better job of this however

This is the only single player game i am playing at the moment (also dabbling with Dead Rising 3 in coop)

Last edited:
Speaking of NMS in VR, how does it work on the Rift S? I'm thinking of getting a Rift someday.
not tried it myself but i hear it works pretty well.... its not a game which relies on tracking controllers behind your back (personally i play it seated).

it works for psvr so i would not be concerned about it in rifts... but again, i play it on riftCV1 so feel free to ignore me and wait for somone else.

Still playing FFXV and frankly this game is getting higher and higher on my list of the best open world games. Not only you can roam around and choose your own difficulty with taking upon hi level enemies, you can participate in tons of stuff like (pretty elaborate) fishing and cooking, car modifications, races, photography (!) oh my... What was I doing with my life ;) The last time I have experienced such a game was Witcher 3.
And I`m still barely in to the main story missions, the last 20h or so was just doing random stuff. Absolutely in love.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/epSNcIo

Last edited:
I've been playing this "game" called Vortex, the program for NexusMods. Holy freaking cow that's addictive! Unfortunately a lot of the mods require SSE, and I only have vanilla Skyrim on PC. I'm waiting for SSE to go on sale, despite already having bought it for PS4 awhile back.

ps - I'm not doing this because I'm bored with ED, but rather I just wanted to see what Skyrim could look like on this PC. Nobody warned me that it would be such an addictive drug!
You should consider using Mod Organizer 2 (MO2 is for 64 bit SSE v. original MO for Oldrim). MO2 is superior to Vortex in so many infinite ways ie it's the difference between a multipurpose Cobra MK IV v. Anaconda. My 387 mod deck wouldn't have been possible to play without it given the 255 mod plugin cap..

Anyhow, regardless of which mod manager you use, welcome to modded Skyrim. You should checkout the Beyond Bruma mod series. And don't play without installing

• Artmoor's Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (MANDATORY)
  • Chesko's Frostfall/Campfire mods
  • Hunterborn (THE Skyrim hunting mod. Works with any critter mod and Frostfall/Campfire)
  • Fishing in Skyrim or Chesko's Art of the Catch
  • Real Wildlife Skyrim (one of the best critter mods that was designed to work well with Hunterborn)
  • Vivid Weathers or Cathedral Weather or Dolomite Weather mods. Or Climates of Tamriel (more vanilla themed)
  • Lightning during Storms (Minty's lighting mod has patches for these weather mods)
  • Bathing in Skyrim (because your Dovhakin doesn't seem to realize he's filthy, stinking murder hobo when he emerges from his frequent dungeon crawls)
  • Isoku's Wet and Cold (your PC will become wet and suffer from inclement weather/cold. Designed to work with Frostfall/Campfire
  • Isoku's Holidays mod (gives Skyrim seasonal holidays to include the Dovahkin's birthday)
  • Basically just install 100% of Isoku's mod suite from Nexus. Like Chesko, this incredibly talented modder makes some amazing immersive environmental mods
  • Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul (the way Bethesda should've released Skyrim)
  • Real Needs and Diseases (best hunger/thirst/disease needs mods to date)
  • TMPhoenix Multiple Adoptions mod (can adopt up to 6 children v. vanilla limited 2 in the game)
  • Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul (the way Bethesda should've released fast travel by ship and carriage) or Touring Carriages (the immersive way)
  • Lakeview Extended Ac3s amazing overhaul of Lakeview for Hearthfire DLC
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6363

Food mods (lots of these but some of the best are):
  • Meal time (for the amazing list of foods your PC can eat. Had to link the url because there is an INSANE variety in the number of foods your PC can eat)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22496?tab=description

ps if you're into realism and/or aren't offended by nudity and/or don't like the vanilla/barbie model for your PC and/or other NPCs in the game, there is

OSA and OSex Skyrim Ascendancy Engine (the best adult sex mod to date with zero scripting)

and some really great skin replacers like:

Caliente's CBBE and Sundracon's Natural Males

Which I can't link from Nexusmods due to nudity/Adult content. Sorry for the post hijack and going overboard here. But installing and modding Skyrim to it's full potential is an insanely addicting hobby for TES fan boys :ROFLMAO:

I`m terribly confused but after the yesterdays patch my copy of ED is not completely broken like for everybody on the forum so... despite thinking the patch might be not working for me, well... I will play that for a wile ;)

I`m terribly confused but after the yesterdays patch my copy of ED is not completely broken like for everybody on the forum so... despite thinking the patch might be not working for me, well... I will play that for a wile ;)
Works fine for me too...I updated ED from Steam relatively late on last night after reading the broohaha on the forums...both on the Xbox sub and DD. Fired it up and it was working as usual.

On a slightly different tangent about a potential domino effect Epic Game Store may have started in its ongoing drama with industry publishers/devs & Steam. Rockstar just released their shinny new (and somewhat buggy) ONE GIGABYTE sized game launcher. And now Steam users are up in arms over the incompatibilty between the versions of the Steam and new R* game launcher. With the typical 0% help from either Steam or R* CS or tech support.

Seems the new launcher update is also ridden with DRM just like Bethesda did with F76. So now the only way to play GTAV/GTAO, RDR2/RDRO and other older legacy Rockstar titles like Bully,RDR, SA, GTA IV, III etc. on PC is via this new launcher.

Which also gives you the option to "detect" existing Rockstar games on your HD.

Which is bad news for players who heavily modded their single player versions of R* games like me.

If you make the mistake of leaving any separate, modded game folders for GTA V and/or any other R* game like GTA IV in the Rockstar Games folder, the new DRM will sense these modded folders. Then throw a PMS fit alert popup about a potential ban for modded game files when you try to launch the game. I immediately shut down the launcher from the task bar when I got that popup. Removed all modded R* games from the folder and haven't had that issue since. Noticed a few players crying about unfair bans over at RGSC since the update. This is really going to suck for those ppl if they got ban hammered for what I encountered during the launcher install. Because R* keeps doing what they've always done in these scenarios. Lump the innocent gamers with chronic modders/hackers/money glitchers into their temporary ban crucible. Then set the timer to ignore on tone deaf mode until late 2050 or so.

This move is not looking good for any potential PC platform RDR 2/Online release. If I didn't know better, I'd swear Rockstar did this to avoid paying Valve 30%. All thanks to the ensuing PR fallout/backlash from all of Epic Game Store's supreme tomf*ckery to date.

Last edited:
Bought the Greedfall, yesterday and didn't sleep, tonight. It's quite good!

Spiders were always a nice dev team with great ideas and never high enough budget.
I'm a big fan of their two previous games.
Bound by Flame was really fun and despite the low budget it looked and played amazingly.
Technomancer was a mixed bag. They tried for something bigger so their low budget and small team is much more visible. But despite all its shortcomings it was a really interesting game with great setting and story and interesting characters.

Greedfall is on a whole another lever, though. It's a genuine RPG with amazing graphics, huge world (and really interesting one at that!), really clever and more importantly non-repetitive quests (The Witcher 3 level. Really good), companions, skill trees, crafting and all that jazz.

I'm having a great time with it. :)

Now that I’ve got Kerbal Space Program out of my system again, I’ve returned to Surviving Mars as my “pausable” game. I started as India to take care of that particular achievement (one of the few games where I’ve ever chased achievements), and just about lost the colony when a meteor shower dropped right onto the colony, then a dust storm struck before they could recover, and then a second meteor shower combined with a pair of errant dust devils from the Philosopher Stone mystery struck right after that. Managed to save my RC controller with a pair of drones before the dust devils trashed the last of my drones.

That was one of the few times I’ve found myself yelling at the screen.

It's really good isn't it? Everything just "flows" as it should with these kind of games, keeping you hooked. I've had a few "just an hour" sessions that turned into 6-hour stretches.

Just needs modding and Vortex support (there are a few mods already on Nexus).
True. Mods could be really interesting.

I even grew to like the combat system, which is usually the biggest issue for me in RPGs. It's not a Dark Souls level of craziness but it's challenging enough. The right amount so it's not frustrating. Though the animals can be a bit too much. Sometimes I'm just running around and let the companions to deal with them - I'm mostly specced into ranged (Magic and rifles)

But yeah. I'm really loving it. I love that the game really forces you to take sides all the time. So far I've managed to keep things in balance with most of the factions but I'm afraid (in a good way) this won't last forever. :D

Got me Ace Combat 7 yesterday for a bargain, pretty solid game, not a simulator but nice action, never saw an F-14 carry 80+ missiles lol.
To bad they didn't use the 4K capability of the One X, the frames are a steady 60fps though and it looks good.
Pretty fun game.

Top Bottom