What other games are we all playing?

it doesnt matter what games I play, Im not teaming with you anyway, what a question to ask anyway, convincing players to look elsewhere and spend their time on other games, jog on and go play your other games, I really dont give a stuff.

some rap rhymes, but failed
giphy.gif

Is this Destiny 2 any good?

Depends. If you like looter shooters (where the main gameplay loop is collecting and upgrading gear with a modicum of story? Yes. That said free version has IMHO excellent singleplayer campaign The Red War. And it's worth playing through that alone. Lore is also fleshed out on the form of different collectibles etc.

The "shooting" part of said shooter is really good. Different classes of weapons, different damage types and a perk system makes for very satisfying gameplay.

The graphics part? Destiny in 4k HDR is one of the most beautiful games I played. I love the art style, IMHO it is done by a very talented and creative graphics team. Clearly worth downloading for the sights alone. And if you like the gameplay part (and there's lots to do), you might be hooked.

As for what is there to do in the free version, the answer is quite a lot. So give it a try, I know the download might be a lot to stomach, but I think it's worth it.

I keep hitting surface targets, while inverted (or insane attitudes), in Planes. So some part of RL is still with me. :)

That's the spirit! Do you play DCS in VR by any chance? That should be the closest thing to your former passion, minus the need to AGSM 😁 It can also be flown solo using community missions but I think you know that by now 😁

That new Star Wars game.

Some of it's a bit annoying (the back-tracking/crap map) but actually seems to work OK with mouse/keyboard unlike some other similar games.

Walloping people with a lightsabre never gets old.

I reinstalled "Dying Light" the Parkour city zombie game and now with the expansion where you can drive a car.

It's damn fun, and night is scary as hell with acrobatic zombies who are super strong are hunting you.

Finished Mutants: Year Zero, finally.

Great little game, shame that by the time I got familiar with the mechanics and the story got interesting, it ended. Is the DLC worth it? Read mixed reviews.

So tWarships, HOI IV (though I didn't fire it up for a week now) and Transport Fever remain on the plate - and actually I started to play a bit of GTA V again, story mode largely after the early chore missions. R* launcher is barely noticeable under Steam, which is great, as I'm looking forward RDR2 coming out of beta soon. :)

Got back to Hellion after a break. Despite of the fact that the development has ended, i still enjoy Hellion a lot.
I really hope someone would catch this and continue the development where Zero Gravity left, but i doubt thats gonna happen.. :(

That new Star Wars game.

Some of it's a bit annoying (the back-tracking/crap map) but actually seems to work OK with mouse/keyboard unlike some other similar games.

Walloping people with a lightsabre never gets old.
Same. Fallen Order is slowly becoming an obsession for me. I don't mind backtracking at all, and the rest... well, the combat is awesome. Took me 20 hours to figure out, but now I love it. Its "Dark Souls lite" feel is addictive. And it's not as uncompromising and as annoying as real DS which is a plus for Ol' lazy me. :LOL:
And I love the environments. Incredible amount of work went into this game and it kind of shows everywhere your look.

If somebody told me this summer that I will be considering an EA game for a personal GOTY, this year, I'd probably just laughed. :D
And now I really can't decide between TOW and JFO, but Jedi is slowly edging forward.

R* launcher is barely noticeable under Steam, which is great, as I'm looking forward RDR2 coming out of beta soon. :)
Are you able to close the launcher after the game is running? I can close ED's launcher once I'm in the game, but I have to keep Steam running. I figure the less stuff running in the background, the better. I've decided to just wait for the Steam version of RDR2 as well.

Are you able to close the launcher after the game is running? I can close ED's launcher once I'm in the game, but I have to keep Steam running. I figure the less stuff running in the background, the better. I've decided to just wait for the Steam version of RDR2 as well.

It closes after you quit the game. I barely notice it really, actually don't even know how the launcher interface looks like, even after the first registration the game started right away.

Same. Fallen Order is slowly becoming an obsession for me. I don't mind backtracking at all, and the rest... well, the combat is awesome. Took me 20 hours to figure out, but now I love it. Its "Dark Souls lite" feel is addictive. And it's not as uncompromising and as annoying as real DS which is a plus for Ol' lazy me. :LOL:
And I love the environments. Incredible amount of work went into this game and it kind of shows everywhere your look.

If somebody told me this summer that I will be considering an EA game for a personal GOTY, this year, I'd probably just laughed. :D
And now I really can't decide between TOW and JFO, but Jedi is slowly edging forward.

I'm only about 90 minutes in. Looks great even on lowest settings. I never got into the whole Souls thing for a couple of reasons - first I'd probably get annoyed by them but mostly because they control really badly with mouse/keyboard & I am so bad with controllers.

I'm only about 90 minutes in. Looks great even on lowest settings. I never got into the whole Souls thing for a couple of reasons - first I'd probably get annoyed by them but mostly because they control really badly with mouse/keyboard & I am so bad with controllers.
Yeah. I'm also playing on KB+M and it's doable. So extra points there. :)

Yeah. I'm also playing on KB+M and it's doable. So extra points there. :)

15 years of PlayStation gaming didn't fade completely, I just realized yesterday I can still blaze through traffic in GTA5 with a controller and I am good enough with manual aim too (though I'd never play so against online players).

What makes controller unbeatable in such games is the ability to play from the couch. :)

15 years of PlayStation gaming didn't fade completely, I just realized yesterday I can still blaze through traffic in GTA5 with a controller and I am good enough with manual aim too (though I'd never play so against online players).

What makes controller unbeatable in such games is the ability to play from the couch. :)
Yeah, I guess. I just never really needed it.
Years ago, I've bought a PS3 just to play The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. I kind of struggled through (these two games were definitely worth it) but never grabbed a controller after that.
I fully recognize the advantages of the controller for certain types of games, but then again
1) I am too lazy to master more than one control method
2) I don't have a couch, nor do I have TV. :LOL: So even the two PS3 games I've played with the console hooked up to the monitor.

But yeah, if I wished to be bothered re-learning the controller, I fully believe I'd enjoy the Fallen Order even more. But as it stands, it's fine enough. :)

Last edited:
As I have never owned a console the whole controller thing has passed me by!
An Xbox controller is nowadays a mandatory and welcomed gaming accessory.

Also for GTA V, it is now playable in VR from start to finish thanks to a mod, and it works quite well. Don't try online or you will get banned, obviously.

Top Bottom