What other games are we all playing?

Reinstalling Battletech now that I have the third and final dlc.
Also Battletech never supported mods now do with the latest update.
Download a mod and drop them into the appropriate folder, then activate them on the main menu.
No more messing with all the other stuff that would break the game after a patch was released.
Same here, but apparently rogue tech is broken with the latest patch.

XCOM2 WotC - two chosen down, one scheduled for removal next. Also the odd Barotrauma session in a group. Last night I happened to somehow feed ethanol to the captain, I swear it was a UI feature but I was thrown in the brig regardless.

Black friday purchase to add to the list..
Ace combat 7 (AC7) went from borrowed/tried to owned due to price drop on delux edition... It is hotas compliant on console and came with Ace combat 5 (AC5) PS4 release still.
Ace combat 5 is not hotas upgraded so won't get mush play time ...
Single player is short in AC7 if you don't suffer from OCD... and alot of the missions are clones of past gen missions assets not original...
Still got me of ED..

Chosen number 3 is down and the campaign is basically done for me in XCom2. I don't really have much interest in finishing and keep it for just playing missions. Compared to Long War I found the combat to be kinda sparse. Of the Chosen only the Assassin gave me a bit trouble.
I got me Disco Elysium to try out. The setting seems interesting. The memory loss not so much but maybe it's like in Déjà Vu.

Chosen number 3 is down and the campaign is basically done for me in XCom2. I don't really have much interest in finishing and keep it for just playing missions. Compared to Long War I found the combat to be kinda sparse. Of the Chosen only the Assassin gave me a bit trouble.
I got me Disco Elysium to try out. The setting seems interesting. The memory loss not so much but maybe it's like in Déjà Vu.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Disco Elysium after you've given it a spin. I've had my eye on that one.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Disco Elysium after you've given it a spin. I've had my eye on that one.
It looks like it's crammed full of skill checks guiding the character's perception and how you spec the character decides what you can do - or see. There are conflicting inner dialogues taking on the classic 'decision' role it seems. I think it does have some interesting ways to gameplay. Quite heavy on the reading but it's bleak autumn and perfect time to do just that.

Wargaming is running lots of specials in Tanks and Boats. Tanks has a long-time player reward, and boats is running both a beta, and a Thanksgiving special. Part of the special is huge discounts on US ships, and discounts on everything else except gold and premium (upgrades, etc).

Don't forget that Steam's autumn sale is going on right now, good through the morning of December 2nd.
Any must-have buys? I've already grabbed Subnautica (own on PS4 but never finished) and Skyrim VR on sale. I on the fence about NMS and X-Plane. There may be other games I've not even heard of. Coming from console, games like Space Engineers weren't even on my radar until recently.

Any must-have buys? I've already grabbed Subnautica (own on PS4 but never finished) and Skyrim VR on sale. I on the fence about NMS and X-Plane. There may be other games I've not even heard of. Coming from console, games like Space Engineers weren't even on my radar until recently.

NMS... don't even think twice about it. Buy it now. Thank me later. :)

Just had another big update yesterday... more epic than ever.

Too many, really. I'm a huge Dark Souls fan, and Sekiro is quite lovely. If you are slightly interested in Grand strategy check out Paradox's titles such as Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis, or perhaps city builders like Cities Skylines. Soooo many good games out there for you to explore. I agree with Juniper, too, about NMS.

Last edited:
Definitely Skylines while Steam Black Friday sale is on. Steam is giving a 9% discount on ALL DLC including the base game for $97 total. But I didn't care for several sound track DLC included with the DLC bundle. So ended up buying all of these separately at $85 and saved around $10

NMS... don't even think twice about it. Buy it now. Thank me later. :)
I own NMS on PS4, and I feel I've played it to the point of "meh". The one difference is that I'll be getting VR this coming week, but I have ED for VR in space, and I'll have Skyrim and Subnautica for exploring caves, building bases, interacting with creatures, etc. Now I'm trying to decide if IL-2 is a worthy buy or if I should go with DCS instead for VR flight.

I own NMS on PS4, and I feel I've played it to the point of "meh". The one difference is that I'll be getting VR this coming week, but I have ED for VR in space, and I'll have Skyrim and Subnautica for exploring caves, building bases, interacting with creatures, etc. Now I'm trying to decide if IL-2 is a worthy buy or if I should go with DCS instead for VR flight.

PC version of NMS is much better than the PS4 version, and not just because of the VR.

The mods & increased graphics options make it so.

Collected all my Black Friday goodies in World Of Everything. Got every single US ship Tier 5 and below for 50% off. Got both Tier 6 US cruisers for 30% off. Both Marbleheads, too (discount).

Now, I'm building a collection of Tier 5/6 ships. The French Emilie Martin cruiser is next.

Boats is very nicely paced. It's almost Zen, like mining. :)

I picked up Mass Effect Andromeda during black friday for 6 euro, a steal if you ask me.
I don't know where the fuzz is about, it's a perfectly good game with an okay storyline and heaps of (side)missions.

I liked the first three a lot, except the stupid ending of ME3, but when you forget the first story and Shepard and treat it as a new game then Andromeda isn't bad at all imho.

I picked up Mass Effect Andromeda during black friday for 6 euro, a steal if you ask me.
I don't know where the fuzz is about, it's a perfectly good game with an okay storyline and heaps of (side)missions.

I liked the first three a lot, except the stupid ending of ME3, but when you forget the first story and Shepard and treat it as a new game then Andromeda isn't bad at all imho.
I just started another run at MEA with a couple of sweet mods. I always thought it was a good game with lots of potential.
I was of the opinion that most negative comments were because peeps and lame reviewers wanted ME4. It took 10 yrs to make that trilogy shine.
I compared it to ME1. Cora and Drax were bad news for companions.
Hopefully they will make a trilogy out of it.

I just started another run at MEA with a couple of sweet mods. I always thought it was a good game with lots of potential.
I was of the opinion that most negative comments were because peeps and lame reviewers wanted ME4. It took 10 yrs to make that trilogy shine.
I compared it to ME1. Cora and Drax were bad news for companions.
Hopefully they will make a trilogy out of it.

There are rumors that they're working on a next ME.
I always liked the ME games and as you said, people expected an ME4 and got disappointed.
For 6 euro this game is a steal and I'm realy glad I got it.
Unfortunately I can't use mods on console, it's good without it too though.

Top Bottom