What other games are we all playing?

I decided to upgrade from my T16000M, because the X56 looks so much cooler and has more self-centering analog axis, more buttons and hats .... Funny that at first I didn't like it, I found it far too stiff, especially the throttle which seemed to stick every time I stopped moving it and required a lot of force to start moving again. I was very disappointed. But searched online and saw many people on the internet saying they had the exact same issues but the problems would go away after a few weeks of usage. So I persevered and the issues actually ended up disappearing completely. And it actually did, now I am completely in love with the X56 :)
I had the Saitek X52 Proflight and upgraded to the old Saitek built 'blue' X56 a few years ago...I routinely took the throttle to bits and scraped a little bit of the sticky grease off the throttle runners which freed it up no end. Did the same with the RGB when I got it...old style peripheral maintenance...take it to bits :D

The old Saitek 'blue' X56 developed a slight drift in the yaw after nearly 2 years of use so I wrote off an email to Logitech mentioning it was still under warranty for another 3 months (at that time) Tech support sent me a brand new Logitech built RGB by return of post since I had registered the old Saitek one on the Logitech website...still have the old blue one in the cupboard too. Can't fault the 2 year replacement guarantee from Logitech, it's how I get spare keyboards and mice too ;)

Edit: I'm just uploading a vid to YouTube which I'll post when it's done (slow connection to t'interweb). I managed to fix the 4C and it's working now as it should...it was my settings.

Came in way too hot on the landing since something shot at me...I was in general freefly so no idea what :D

Last edited:
Edit: I'm just uploading a vid to YouTube which I'll post when it's done (slow connection to t'interweb). I managed to fix the 4C and it's working now as it should...it was my settings.

Came in way too hot on the landing since something shot at me...I was in general freefly so no idea what :D

Excellent! Damn this game is truly beautiful...

Halo 2 came to MCC on PC last week, so I've been re-attempting the Legendary run with a friend. Bugs and issues on console corrupted our attempts previously.

Also remembering that I rather enjoyed the multiplayer in that.

Plus Warframe's new Glassmaker event. Plenty to do in the realm of games lately.

I reinstalled Stellaris today which I haven't played since Apocalypse was released.
Guess the money allocated for some shiny things in Elite got reallocated to the missing updates.
For the time being, I guess I'm gonna blow up squad mates at irregular schedule.
God damn did the last few news deflate my enthusiasm in Elite :cautious:

During the past week I was AFK and without broadband internet, so streamed gaming was impossible. So in my downtime I fired up Hill Climb Racing 2 on Android (highly recommended game).

I reinstalled Stellaris today which I haven't played since Apocalypse was released.
Guess the money allocated for some shiny things in Elite got reallocated to the missing updates.
For the time being, I guess I'm gonna blow up squad mates at irregular schedule.
God damn did the last few news deflate my enthusiasm in Elite :cautious:

Yeah, these days I am often tired or playing remotely, I just don't fire up VR/Elite that often, but the news are certainly disappointing.
I just hope that the community backlash either will allow a limiter VR access to the game, or at least open the door to mod VR into Odyssey, even if it is compromised.

I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again and while it's not a bad game, some things are even more annoying on a second play-through.

Hacking is the first one...half the xp in the game comes from hacking, so the optimal way to advance is to jack up hacking early, then just hack everything, even if you have passwords and keycodes from other sources, or other ways to bypass the need to. I'll often go back to areas I've already cleared, just to had stuff for the experience. It's pretty silly and encourages a plodding, completionist style.

The lack of any sort of melee attack other than a situational, energy using, 'take-down' power is also puzzling. Even the original BJ Blazkowicz and Doomguy could punch stuff, and melee was a big part of the first Deus Ex title. Feels like it's engineered simply to create ammo constraints and inventory management annoyance.

MechCommander Gold - i still love it after all these years

Can this one be paused in mission?

I remember playing MechCommander when it was released, but never really go into it as I felt the in ability to pause it to issue orders was frustrating.

I started playing "My time in Portia" from the Origin vault. It's infantile and surprisingly addictive. :D

Also, I returned to "The Secret World" after some time and it is still my favourite MMO of all time (I've only ever played three, anyway). Different in every way and with a heck of a world and stories!

WOW! o_O Empyrion Galactic got an insane functional content update yesterday. The major feature in this is the new RNG galaxy. The new craftable teleportation system (for the TL DR travel types) is an awesome addition by the dev. And the time saving updates they made to station ship maintenance as well. You can now refuel, trade and do service maintenance on your ship within a certain distance of a planetary station without being forced to land/dock at the landing pad. All this shows a lot of consideration and insight on their part for respecting different play styles.

Also seems it good some graphics and texture updates as well. Empyrion has already had space legs, FPS encounters at RNG POIs, NMS foraging/harvesting to build bases/ships/hover & land vehicles, atmospheric and earth like planets (complete with water, swimming underwater and associated O2 needs). The less arcadey graphics and light survival elements (e.g. temperature effect on colder planets requiring need for shelter like tents etc) gives it a significant competitive edge over NMS. But stops short of ED standard where realistic visuals are concerned due to the dated graphics.

Regardless, this update now puts Empyrion on par with NMS and ED from an exploration perspective. And on par with SE with its mining/foraging/ship & weapons crafting, survival and base building themed loops. Guess it's time to revisit the EG universe

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlXYsKCU818

Last edited:
WOW! o_O Empyrion Galactic got an insane functional content update yesterday. The major feature in this is the new RNG galaxy. The new craftable teleportation system (for the TL DR travel types) is an awesome addition by the dev. And the time saving updates they made to station ship maintenance as well. You can now refuel, trade and do service maintenance on your ship within a certain distance of a planetary station without being forced to land/dock at the landing pad. All this shows a lot of consideration and insight on their part for respecting different play styles.

Also seems it good some graphics and texture updates as well. Empyrion has already had space legs, FPS encounters at RNG POIs, NMS foraging/harvesting to build bases/ships/hover & land vehicles, atmospheric and earth like planets (complete with water, swimming underwater and associated O2 needs). The less arcadey graphics and light survival elements (e.g. temperature effect on colder planets requiring need for shelter like tents etc) gives it a significant competitive edge over NMS. But stops short of ED standard where realistic visuals are concerned due to the dated graphics.

Regardless, this update now puts Empyrion on par with NMS and ED from an exploration perspective. And on par with SE with its mining/foraging/ship & weapons crafting, survival and base building themed loops. Guess it's time to revisit the EG universe

It's also on sale at Steam! I just downloaded my copy, but haven't tried it yet.

I don't get Empyrion, it shows as being released in 2015, but also says early access?

It released on early access back in 2015, and still no proper release in sight.

When it first released, I had a go at it, was very impressed at the time. At the time, it seemed like it was going to be the "classier" version of NMS. Yet half a decade later, there's no proper release in sight, and development has been very slow.

Only Aus$11.00 on Steam right now. Played about an hour last night and I like it! It's very NMS-ish so far re gameplay, with mainly the look/style being different. But it's too early for me to have seen all the differences.

Thanks for the tip!

This leads me to wonder: If the dev re-skinned it with Space Engineer's current graphics, would that put Empyrion ABOVE Space Engineers AND NMS? And definitely NMS because it now seems that with the procedural gen update, EG now has all the game play features which used to differentiate NMS from the market. And what if the dev could re-texture Empyrion with ED's level of graphics. IMO that would give it a superior edge over ED.

Because even when ED finally gets its long awaited space legs, it likely still going to RNG POIs of flora and fauna on planet side. Which your avatar would be able to interact with (either hostile or friendly/neutral) format. RNG space and planet side POIs the likes of structures like human and alien space stations and planetary bases. Which may be occupied by NPCs or abandoned. Either way, simply there for you to explore interactively in FPS/salvaging/harvesting mats for weapons, armor, ship upgrades, base building, etc. And that's before you factor in the non intrusive, survival themed element that has been a fundamental base feature of EG since its Early Release on Steam some 4 yrs ago.

IMO even in its dated graphical format, EG > ED for these game play reasons.

edit: EG still needs an Economic DLC update to allow the solo mindset player to trade and economically interact with NPCs the way SE does. And more generally, EG needs an economic update to permit general player agency for both multi and solo player. SE continues to edge out EG for that sole reason.

Last edited:
Jeezus. I was getting ready to loose myself playing Empyrion over this weekend. Was shopping on Steam Workshop for the latest survival mods. Then made the mistake of getting distracted and checking out Steam Top 100 trends.

Unsurprisingly both ED and SE have benefited from significant boosts in player numbers. But ED set a record first over the longest time of surpassing SE at 17K+ player peak. Which is more than double the player numbers over SE over the last 2 years or so (where SE was regularly beating it out with 1-2K more players). So good strategy for FDev rebooting renewed player interest with Odyssey DLC.

Was also pleasantly surprised to see Empyrion Galactic debuting at rank 90/100 on the list today :love: Then was mind blown when when I noti ced Hardspace: Shipbreaker is finally available for Early Access--AND it's available at a 20% off on Steam for $20 USD. :D Downloading this now. Desperately dithering on which one to play first? How the heck am I going to clone myself over the weekend? So I can do justice in playing these before the start of work next week?? Even if I were to start playing both for only 1 hr tonight? There's only so many hours per day......o_O

Top Bottom