What other games are we all playing?

In honor of Evil Genius 2 coming out this year, I'm revisiting the original. Oh, what a sweet, sweet game of quirky evil humor and the urge to scream out, "Why am I surrounded by such idiots!"

I started playing "My time in Portia" from the Origin vault. It's infantile and surprisingly addictive. :D

Also, I returned to "The Secret World" after some time and it is still my favourite MMO of all time (I've only ever played three, anyway). Different in every way and with a heck of a world and stories!

This is exactly how I feel about MTIP! Something about it is insanely enjoyable.

This is exactly how I feel about MTIP! Something about it is insanely enjoyable.
I just started my third year. It's awesome. Though I finished the main quest and have upgraded pretty much everything, I still enjoy the small jobs, ruin dives, etc.

I think that the thing we feel "weird" is that it has a certain vibes of a mobile game. Lots of collecting, crafting and social stuff, only in a proper PC coat, singleplayer and without microtransactions. :LOL:

I really really enjoy it the amount of content in it is frankly unbelievable. Especially for such a small indie game.

I just started my third year. It's awesome. Though I finished the main quest and have upgraded pretty much everything, I still enjoy the small jobs, ruin dives, etc.

I think that the thing we feel "weird" is that it has a certain vibes of a mobile game. Lots of collecting, crafting and social stuff, only in a proper PC coat, singleplayer and without microtransactions. :LOL:

I really really enjoy it the amount of content in it is frankly unbelievable. Especially for such a small indie game.

I think I enjoy the look because I'm an anime freak, but the mobile feel is undeniable (yes, no microtransactions!). LOL It really is a much deeper game than it appears on the surface, and the grind, if it can be called that, is much less soul crushing than ED, for example. I haven't finished the main story yet because I got super distracted by ED, Surviving Mars, and rediscovering Baldur's Gate II.

I really liked Mary, because she's kinda like me, just not as asian. :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually talking about orbital travel. My current game hasn't reached the interplanetary travel stage yet, I've kind of gotten distracted with building, and then rebuilding, a hanger for my base, but I'm pretty sure that it still involves an instantaneous jump between planets, as opposed to traveling through space like SE does.

I'm going to have to give EGS a try, the talk here is very convincing. Also, my grind in ED is getting particularly tedious at the moment, need a break.

I think I enjoy the look because I'm an anime freak, but the mobile feel is undeniable (yes, no microtransactions!). LOL It really is a much deeper game than it appears on the surface, and the grind, if it can be called that, is much less soul crushing than ED, for example. I haven't finished the main story yet because I got super distracted by ED, Surviving Mars, and rediscovering Baldur's Gate II.

I really liked Mary, because she's kinda like me, just not as asian. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not exactly an anime freak but I certainly enjoy me some good anime. So yes, maybe the whole bubble-gummy graphics style plays a role in all this as well.
Most characters are actually surprisingly nice, tbh. But if I were to choose my waifu, it would probably be Emma or Sam.
I haven't dipped into relationships, yet, though, (except that one date with Merlin, which is a part of the main questline) because I am so far too focused on building and doing contracts, because obviously I need to beat Higgins every year. :LOL:

iu

So... I was playing Scrap Mechanic until past weekend when I tried to raid a warehouse and it's extremely buggy. It's still in development and there are some serious performance issues at times, so I gave up for now... and installed Virtual Box and some other stuff and started programming in C++ again... doing some stupid projects (like my own programming language... LOL!) ... only just because. Grind code instead of grind game. shrugs

So... I was playing Scrap Mechanic until past weekend when I tried to raid a warehouse and it's extremely buggy. It's still in development and there are some serious performance issues at times, so I gave up for now... and installed Virtual Box and some other stuff and started programming in C++ again... doing some stupid projects (like my own programming language... LOL!) ... only just because. Grind code instead of grind game. shrugs
Hey, if you're into programming stupid things, you can try creating something as simple to use as Java but in C#. Unity devs will shower you in gold. :LOL:

Succumbed to the steam sale and bought COD WW2, Prey (remake) and Asseto Corsa Competizione Intercontinental GT4 DLC.

COD WW2 is very disapointing, Looks worse that AW and IW in many ways, characters don't look or move as realistically, animation is particularly poor.....ACC DLC is amazing, 3 of my fave tracks ever (Bathurst, Laguna, Suzuka). Havn't raced Kayalami since a WSB game yonks ago and it's quickly becoming a fave. Not played Prey yet.

The other day I was playing another game AND Elite, thanks to the twenty minute wait period between jumps for my fleet carrier. ED on PC while playing something else on PS4.

Now while it might sound I'm complaining, I'm actually not. I found this much better than watching a NDE screen saver 100 times in a row going from point A to point B. At least FC travel doesn't waste my time, as I can be doing other things while the carrier slowly warms up for its next jump.

I've tried Noita. And I suck with it. It was quite frustrating but I stuck with it and improved a bit. The mechanics are quite obscure but on the whole there is a neat, fun gameplay behind it. There is a couple of things I find uneccessarily hard / annoying but the fun with blowing up stuff is heavy in favour. A fair amount of RNG might add to the odd frustration but in turn you get increased replayability.
Main gripes:
No health pickups (or super rare)
Gold loot despawns after a short while

Due to the declining health of my desktop, I've been forced to remove many games off my disk.

Being old, and poor, I can't throw away a month's rent on a basic desktop.

Additionally, the graphics intensive games I love won't run on my laptop. ED's base version just does. Horizons does not.

Fortunately, I have all my data backed up, on multiple drives. Also, my purchases on Steam and GOG are still there. The simpler games can be restored.

Just when I had finally convinced my group to play Elite as well. Sign? :(

Due to the declining health of my desktop, I've been forced to remove many games off my disk.

Being old, and poor, I can't throw away a month's rent on a basic desktop.

Additionally, the graphics intensive games I love won't run on my laptop. ED's base version just does. Horizons does not.

Fortunately, I have all my data backed up, on multiple drives. Also, my purchases on Steam and GOG are still there. The simpler games can be restored.

Just when I had finally convinced my group to play Elite as well. Sign? :(
What exactly is wrong with your desktop?
I have several PCs worth of parts just lying around here. I would gladly get rid of some.

What exactly is wrong with your desktop?
I have several PCs worth of parts just lying around here. I would gladly get rid of some.
Dying MB, HD going bad, power creep for new apps. It's all backed up, and the system is on a UPS. It's not a matter of spare parts. It's a matter of a machine facing the 5 stages.

Good news- I got the base Elite to run on the laptop, with lowest setting for graphics. So, I can still play with my new group.

I've had quiet a lull in playing Elite over the last month but it's picking up again. During that time I've been playing, Last Of Us, Project Cars 2, The Evil Within 2 and emulated games also.
I am probably going to pick up RDR 2 on steam as I loved the original and will spend the rest of summer flitting between that and Elite.

I always pick up a few games during the Steam sale. I'm leaving my current home with fabulous internet and heading to my new property in a few days which will have extremely limited internet (in terms of speed, not data), and since I'm unaware of how that's going to effect my download speeds, I picked up some games and got them installed just in case that becomes a problem. Probably several years worth at the pace I've been gaming lately lolol.

A few notables were Final Fantasy XV, Shadow of War, Hardspace Shipbreaker, Jedi Fallen Order and The Hunter Call of the Wild. I also re-downloaded a bunch of stuff that had been gathering dust such as Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda

Top Bottom