What other games are we all playing?

Gone back to Offworld Trading Company recently. It's not about primitive concerns such as "surviving Mars", it's about wrecking its fledgling economy to drive out the competition and get filthy rich. And these days in addition to Mars, there's also Ceres, Io and Europa to play monopoly on. Good times!

Tried out Tabletop Simulator today.

It has its issues. But, it's the only way to play many boardgames, etc. Many games fall short of the market needed to make a full game viable. Each game is only as good as it's fan-made mods. So it's a pain to find a reasonable version of whatever game isn't available as a standalone product.

Ron kicked the table over, of course.

That's why I still haven't touched Below Zero yet. Picked it up ages ago to show some support but it's still sat there uninstalled and unplayed. Just playing through the first one again at the moment and it's making me itch to install the second. Resisting so far......
Yeah, unlike the original Subnautica, Below Zero is exactly the example of how NOT to do early access. It's now been restarted twice, devs come and go, story doesn't make sense and they are adding more bugs than features. :LOL:
It was the only early access game I bought, last year, purely on a good will earned by the original game, but that is long gone, now.

It looks as though the dev turn over for Below Zero has abated since the new lead dev took over from the original story writer. The new dev's poltical/Progressive Left leanings was a point of contention and controversy for the fan base when she accepted the new position. And yes, she's the one responsible for the radical change/plot twist in the MQ. TBH I actually like the new overhaul with the role reversal.

Before it was the protag investigating the missing science team at the surface. Constantly running an annoying, snarky commentary with her faceless sister who directed her SAR efforts from space. But now with the MQ plot twist, the protag now sensibly starts out from orbit side. And is forced to head planet side to investigate the reason for her sister's radio silence (and ultimate disappearance) planet side.

Seems a more logical approach IMO. Anyhow, apart from a brief playthrough of the new salad and green/seafood recipe feature, I've avoided playing because I want Sub Zero to be fresh when it's finally released. Which isn't going to be a problem given the extra year or so I'll be obessively playing CP 2077 come November.

Next to CP 2077 this fall and ED Odyssey next year, I'm getting my survival fix by contentedly playing Subnautica and other survival sandbox sims the likes of Green Hell, Space Engineers, NMS and Empyrion for now. Will be adding Shipbreaker and Satisfactory at some point. And Obsidian's survival ant sim once that leaves Early Access.

And when factoring my other games I've been bouncing between (RDR2, GTAO, Mafia, X4, Stellaris, Tropico, Cities Skylines, heavily modded Skyrim, KCD, Sims 3, FO4, TTW FO3/New Vegas with its mega DLC mods New California & The Frontier) etc etc. that's more than enough content to keep me occupied until Sub Zero drops. :ROFLMAO:

Obsidian's Grounded. aka Obsidian's version of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" meets Ark: Insect Survival Warfare on 'roid rage. :LOL:

Tried out Tabletop Simulator today.

It has its issues. But, it's the only way to play many boardgames, etc. Many games fall short of the market needed to make a full game viable. Each game is only as good as it's fan-made mods. So it's a pain to find a reasonable version of whatever game isn't available as a standalone product.

Ron kicked the table over, of course.
As a big board game fan, I recently got my hands on Terraforming Mars, which I already own as a board game.
It's nicely converted for multiplayer, the launcher has it's faults but the game itself works perfect.
In case you don't only play tabletop, but board games too, go for it (especially in a sale, I think I paid 10€ and already have 60 hours or so).

That's why I still haven't touched Below Zero yet. Picked it up ages ago to show some support but it's still sat there uninstalled and unplayed. Just playing through the first one again at the moment and it's making me itch to install the second. Resisting so far......

I don't trust myself so I'm resisting the temptation by not buying Below Zero until release.

As a big board game fan, I recently got my hands on Terraforming Mars, which I already own as a board game.
It's nicely converted for multiplayer, the launcher has it's faults but the game itself works perfect.
In case you don't only play tabletop, but board games too, go for it (especially in a sale, I think I paid 10€ and already have 60 hours or so).
My group has been playing the heck out of it since the Steam Sale. Perfect for online groups.

I'm still stuck in X4:F and just downloaded Split Vendetta. Currently I'm trapped in the X Universe. But, I was reading other posts about space based games and got interested in Mass Effect Andromeda. It looks nice so I'll keep investigating. I've never been a big FPS player (tried it many years ago but couldn't get hooked like the kids have); however, I may try this one if it has some ships to fly. Skyrim is another one that looks nice but I want a game that has space flight as part of the story with features for flying in space. I'm so tied up in X4 at the moment there's not much time for other gaming ... yet. (still looking at Space Engineers too)

Edit: fixed bad acronym; and just watched another video on ME Andromeda. Real nice ship interiors. Looks great.

Last edited:
So, a while ago people suggested i play Divinity 2: Original Sin. I was a bit meh on it.

A week or so ago, my son was wanting a RPG to play, so suggested that to him. Got it for him. He loves it. So my daughter wanted it, and got it for her. And now got it for myself.

Now kids are waiting for me to return from vacation so we can play it together.

So, a while ago people suggested i play Divinity 2: Original Sin. I was a bit meh on it.

A week or so ago, my son was wanting a RPG to play, so suggested that to him. Got it for him. He loves it. So my daughter wanted it, and got it for her. And now got it for myself.

Holy crap. o_O After all this time seeing your avvie. I suddenly realized where I've encountered the text on your avvie. Or at least I think I do. :LOL:

The "justified Ancients of Mumu" in your avvie: is that related to this same reference in this awesome song? :D

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWuPPMTiuRw

Holy crap. o_O After all this time seeing your avvie. I suddenly realized where I've encountered the text on your avvie. Or at least I think I do. :LOL:

The "justified Ancients of Mumu" in your avvie: is that related to this same reference in this awesome song? :D

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWuPPMTiuRw

LOL, yeah.

CMDR 57 made the logo for us.

In other news, since kids are well ahead in their games they were kind enough to start new characters to play with me. Son has gone for enchanter, daughter has gone wizard, i've gone ranger with a focus on summons, and we've picked up Red Prince as our fourth and made him a front line fighter.

I've finally got around to playing LA Noire...got it free with RDR2 on PC as well as Max Payne 3 as part of the preorder thing via the Rockstar launcher. I remember playing LA Noire on the Xbox when it came out in 2011 but couldn't get to grips with it...seemingly my patience for the minutae of detective work and investigating crime scenes has improved since then because I'm really enjoying it...It surprisingly still holds up pretty well visually and the facial recognition tech used for the NPC characters from back then still works to give you decent clues when they're lying or telling the truth. Considering this game was pre - original Red Dead Redemption, it's decent fare from R*.

Also had a runthrough of Vampyr...which I got in a Steam sale a long time ago. It's quite dated looking these days but the story is pretty good. Loving the old style asking random NPC's a variety of questions to get clues and stuff. Both very good games being that they're oldish.

I'll have a go at Max Payne 3 when I'm done with LA Noire, played that on the Xbox too back then :)

Last edited:

If they love D:OS, you can get him Pillars of Eternity next time, D:OS and PoE are the 2 best franchises in that particular rpg sub-genre. Both D:OS2 and PoE2 are masterpieces, if you like that kind of RPGs.

I've finally got around to playing LA Noire...got it free with RDR2 on PC as well as Max Payne 3 as part of the preorder thing via the Rockstar launcher. I remember playing LA Noire on the Xbox when it came out in 2011 but couldn't get to grips with it...seemingly my patience for the minutae of detective work and investigating crime scenes has improved since then because I'm really enjoying it...It surprisingly still holds up pretty well visually and the facial recognition tech used for the NPC characters from back then still works to give you decent clues when they're lying or telling the truth. Considering this game was pre - original Red Dead Redemption, it's decent fare from R*.

Also had a runthrough of Vampyr...which I got in a Steam sale a long time ago. It's quite dated looking these days but the story is pretty good. Loving the old style asking random NPC's a variety of questions to get clues and stuff. Both very good games being that they're oldish.

I'll have a go at Max Payne 3 when I'm done with LA Noire, played that on the Xbox too back then :)

I still remember playing the original Max Payne. It was quite fantastic for it's time.

Top Bottom